The Student Room Group

Chemistry unit 4 AQA

How is everyone finding this unit?

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing Edexcel unit 4 at the moment and if it's anything similar then I'm finding it very easy at the moment.
Reply 2
wow, it may be quite a different unit lol, because AQA unit 4 requires so much revision and im finding it pretty difficult at the moment, nearly completed the unit though.

how are you finding organic synthesis?
Reply 3
Original post by Sunnyk1
wow, it may be quite a different unit lol, because AQA unit 4 requires so much revision and im finding it pretty difficult at the moment, nearly completed the unit though.

how are you finding organic synthesis?

Organic Synth is just stupid, but overall it's not too bad a unit :smile: good luck!
Reply 4
you too matey :smile:
Reply 5
Not a bad unit, just loads more mechanisms to remember :smile:

The calculations are annoying at first but once you've got your head around them they're a piece of piss :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by wibletg
Not a bad unit, just loads more mechanisms to remember :smile:

The calculations are annoying at first but once you've got your head around them they're a piece of piss :smile:

yeah definitely mate , ive already started some papers and it isn't as bad, i suppose remembering all the reagents etc is probably th most difficult part haha:smile:
Love all of the organic chemistry :dance:, detest all of the maths (physical) :sad:
Reply 8
Almost done it, one of my teachers does Organic the other physical just finished buffers with him and now just revision for his side, need to do 3 more topics with my other teacher but he manages to do a topic a lesson (double usually :tongue: ). So far though the unit has been pretty straight forward, but some tough things here and there :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by raveen789
Almost done it, one of my teachers does Organic the other physical just finished buffers with him and now just revision for his side, need to do 3 more topics with my other teacher but he manages to do a topic a lesson (double usually :tongue: ). So far though the unit has been pretty straight forward, but some tough things here and there :smile:

wicked, same here, we are sort of behind in organics but have completed physical aspect and atm i am finding calculations very easy lol
:smile:
I'm finding it OK ! to be honest there is nothing tricky but it requires a lot of memory and Revision !
Reply 11
Original post by Sunnyk1
wicked, same here, we are sort of behind in organics but have completed physical aspect and atm i am finding calculations very easy lol
:smile:

We haven't quite done buffers, just finished Kc calculations...

But we're well ahead in the organic section :smile:
Reply 12
you guys are just going to LOVE CHEM5 lol :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by Doctor.
you guys are just going to LOVE CHEM5 lol :tongue:

haha i heard transition metals is effort! lol
Reply 14
Original post by Sunnyk1
haha i heard transition metals is effort! lol

Theres like 50 to learn and remember :smile: Too much effort. It's just learn it and you'll do fine in the section. The rest is not too bad though.
Ahh - we have two teachers, one for Organic, one for Physical/Inorganic

On buffers atm - apparently they're quite difficult :s-smilie:

With organic we've just finished amino acids, although that was easy as we did that in AQA Unit 1 Biology :smile:
Reply 16
thats great mate yeah ive done that myself and its quite simple
Hey, has any one got any revision materiel that can be posted here for what you covered until now.
Will appreciate you contribution. :smile:
When do you guys usually finish your revision and start past papers and how do you tackle holes in your knowledge im aiming for 95 percent plus in bio and chem unit 4 i got ds in as lol but i didnt try even abit startin revision a week b4 exams lol but anyway any tips guys?? (im new on here btw :biggrin:)
Im also resiting chemistry as unit 2 which obv helps my unit 4 and ressiting unit 2 bio aswell im hoping for excellent grades with hardwork i think its possible!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending