The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by gargonroge
Thought about it, for all of about 15 seconds one time before I realised I'll be one of the youngest (if not the youngest) in first year entry, never mind skipping a year and most people being that extra year older - as well as not knowing anyone. Would be interested to find out the ages of people that are jumping into second year though, maybe I'm assuming too much.

Well, I'm turning 18 in May, what about you?
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Original post by SS*
Well, I'm turning 18 in May, what about you?

18 in January 2013, the age isn't the big issue, i just don't want to be skydiving into a group of people who've already been with each other for a year - all the friendships will have been formed and many will be living together, would be an uphill battle to get to know your fellow students I think.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 282
I still haven't got my offer and I'm seriously getting nervous :frown: anybody?
Reply 283
Original post by Guska

As all universities are supposed to have responded by tomorrow, it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask the university at the beginning of next week when you can expect to get a reply, if you've still heard nothing. I suspect they're going to be pretty busy first thing Monday morning though.
Reply 284
Original post by Guska

same here! Application sent 4-5 months ago...
Reply 285
I gave them a call today and they said they're still processing applications. According to the lady on the phone, the results should be available on UCAS by the 6/04/12.
Reply 286
Original post by Kost_119
Why do you say that? Is heriot-watt and edinburgh somehow connected? I mean does Edinburgh know if you have been rejected from there and so offer you a place? seems really strange because a friend of mine that had an offer from Edinburgh for 36points in the I.B diploma was yesterday rejected from Heriot-watt which only asked him for 29 points oO

I think you have misinterpreted what I ment. Is it right that I can assume that since your doing IB that english is not your first language? Anyway, basically I was waiting on a reply from edinburgh so I could decide between there and Heriot Watt but they made my choice alot eaiser by rejecting me so I will be firming Heriot Watt. Also, Edinburgh and Heriot Watt are connected slightly as they have alot of joint research projects together but they are still seprate instiutions :tongue:
Original post by SS*
Is anyone hoping to do second year entry chemical engineering? :smile:

I am thinking about it...but I applied for 1st year entry on UCAS. Does anyone know how to apply for 2nd year entry now?
Reply 288
Original post by flapurwings
I am thinking about it...but I applied for 1st year entry on UCAS. Does anyone know how to apply for 2nd year entry now?

E-mail them. Ask if you'd be allowed to go for second year entry if you get the grades. They won't bite!
Original post by JordanR
E-mail them. Ask if you'd be allowed to go for second year entry if you get the grades. They won't bite!

Hahah, thanks! will do :smile:
is there anyone still waiting for a reply or is it just me ? :frown:
Reply 292
I am still waiting for my reply and according to them we should hear from them at some point this week, probably on Friday.
Reply 293
Original post by alaverka
I am still waiting for my reply and according to them we should hear from them at some point this week, probably on Friday.

how do you know that? Show me your sources! :tongue:
Reply 294
Original post by brunaeduarda
is there anyone still waiting for a reply or is it just me ? :frown:

me too!!!!!!!!!!! hopeless :frown:
Reply 295
Original post by Kost_119
how do you know that? Show me your sources! :tongue:

I gave them a call last Friday and asked and the lady said that they're still processing the applications and we should be able to get the results by Friday via UCAS Track. It might be different for different courses, but for Biological studies, we should get them on Friday. Fingers crossed that this Good Friday will be extra good :smile:
Reply 296
What is taking them so much? I'm really nervous...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by m17b
What is taking them so much? I'm really nervous...

Probably the vast numbers of applicants. I got mine In January because I sent my application away very early.
Reply 298
Original post by alaverka
I gave them a call last Friday and asked and the lady said that they're still processing the applications and we should be able to get the results by Friday via UCAS Track. It might be different for different courses, but for Biological studies, we should get them on Friday. Fingers crossed that this Good Friday will be extra good :smile:

Oh, so you specifically asked her for the Biology course eh?:frown: I hope its no different for Economics
Thanks
It kills waiting! Specially since my second choice UNi wants me to pick my accommodation already !

Quick Reply

Latest