The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Stariq5
Depends, was the offer based on grades or points?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

The offer is based on grades. :s-smilie: So, will they accept me if I still got 300 UCAS points or it depends on their mercy?
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 401
Original post by koko298
The offer is based on grades. :s-smilie: So, will they accept me if I still got 300 UCAS points or it depends on their mercy?

I think it depends on how lenient they are I'm afraid :/ if they ask for grades like for example AAB and you get A*AC you won't get a confirmation until they figure out what they're going to do.

Reply 402
Original post by Stariq5
I think it depends on how lenient they are I'm afraid :/ if they ask for grades like for example AAB and you get A*AC you won't get a confirmation until they figure out what they're going to do.

Oh thank you :smile:
Reply 403
Is there anyone that is going to study NanoScience MPhys course or just NanoScience at the Heriot-Watt University? :wink:
I am an IB student from Poland. I'll be 19 in October (how many people are there, that were born in the 93' ?).
Reply 404
Original post by QLew
Is there anyone that is going to study NanoScience MPhys course or just NanoScience at the Heriot-Watt University? :wink:
I am an IB student from Poland. I'll be 19 in October (how many people are there, that were born in the 93' ?).

Im not studying nanoscience but mathematical physics. When I was at the applicant day back in march, I seem to remember the staff there saying that they were expecting to have around 60 1st year physics students this year with about half doing straight physics and the rest split across the nine other types of courses. So Im guessing here but I think there will not be too many people doing nanoscience or anything else for that matter...
Reply 405
Am I the only one doing a languages course at Heriot Watt? I have a conditional for the ALT (French/British Sign Language) course...no one else doing ALT or LINT?

Reply 406
Original post by sjrm95
Am I the only one doing a languages course at Heriot Watt? I have a conditional for the ALT (French/British Sign Language) course...no one else doing ALT or LINT?

I'm most likely going to be doing French and Spanish, ALT as i put it as my insurance! :biggrin:
guys!!! is anyone out there with conditional offer for MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Reply 408
Hi there!
I have applied for an MSc in Chinese-English Conference Interpreting. Anybody applied or Studying there? :smile:))))
Reply 409
Original post by sjrm95

Original post by Millymoo
I'm most likely going to be doing French and Spanish, ALT as i put it as my insurance! :biggrin:

I take it that you'll be going to Heriot Watt if you don't manage to get into your first choice? Nice to find someone else doing ALT though, I thought I was the only one! If you do go then we'll be in the same French class and I speak fluent Spanish too :smile:
Hi, i've got an unconditional for mech eng at heriot watt. I was wondering if there is a booklist for applicants available? I can't find anything on their website.

Reply 411
Original post by sjrm95
I take it that you'll be going to Heriot Watt if you don't manage to get into your first choice? Nice to find someone else doing ALT though, I thought I was the only one! If you do go then we'll be in the same French class and I speak fluent Spanish too :smile:

Yeah, i very much doubt i've got into my firm anyway! haha, hopefully get into heriot-watt though :smile: Haven't done any French in the last year so i'll need to get practising! haha
Original post by TomWillDave
Hi, i've got an unconditional for mech eng at heriot watt. I was wondering if there is a booklist for applicants available? I can't find anything on their website.

I think we should be sent some form of 'welcome pack' soon! This should give us all the information we need to get started.
Reply 413
Hi all,

I have offer from Heriot watt university for software engineering, also I'm applying for advanced internet applications can you tell me how is this university for computer science courses?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Motorola XT910
Reply 414
I've got a question too. What if you were offered BBC B in Maths and physics and C in chemistry but you get the same grades but a B in chemistry and a C in physics will the university still accept you?

Original post by TomWillDave

I got my welcome pack but there wasn't a book list! I phoned the uni with some questions and she said we'll get it on the first week of lectures.
hi, people who got unconditional offers for mech engineering, did you guys do ib? i got my unconditional offer a few weeks ago for psychology(forensic science) but i wanted to change course to combined studies, mech engineering and psychology, so i called them a few days ago and they said they would give me an answer on whether i am able to change course or not by Monday. Just wondering what you guys got for your relevant subject scores. I believe that only physics and maths are relevant and I took hl physics and sl maths. I am wondering what you guys got for those 2 subjects in IB, so then i can have a good judgement whether i would get in or not :tongue:
Reply 417
Hey! Anyone else got an offer for Accounting & Finance?? Also anyone know when freshers starts? I'm confused as to why we're not getting emailed all this, its not that long away! (yes i'm panicking :colondollar:)
Reply 418
Original post by rola-9255
Hey! Anyone else got an offer for Accounting & Finance?? Also anyone know when freshers starts? I'm confused as to why we're not getting emailed all this, its not that long away! (yes i'm panicking :colondollar:)

I'm just going into my 2nd year of Business and Finance, but it's a general 1st year for Accounting/Finance/Business/Economics students so if you have any questions I can try to help! Freshers week starts on Saturday 1st September, I'm an enrolment helper and you'll have enrolment meetings that week that explain everything. Don't panic, you'll get a welcome pack/freshers pack (can't remember what it's called) but last year I got mine around the start of August, but if you have any questions just ask!
Reply 419
Aw thank you that's very helpful! It's just i'm worried because I don't have an unconditional offer so haven't even applied to accommodation yet and all my england friends have already got their room numbers! :P
Thanks, we start pretty early right!? would you say I would be missing out if i missed the first day of freshers? And then one last question...do you know if all the scottish students will be 17 going into their first year?? thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest