The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Fashion Marketing & Retailing in December, received no acknowledgement of my application but received a conditional offer last Monday. Has anyone else heard back from any of the fashion courses?
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Original post by grazie
They had messed up asking for 3 A-Levels at these grades, despite me not taking that many this summer. They blamed the way in which my details were received from UCAS. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence :frown:

The good news is that they've reassessed and are now offering the same grades for 2 A-Levels and 1 AS-Level.

All Uni's make mistakes so i Wouldn't look into it too much. My friend had a rejection from Dundee and then a week later they over-turned that!
Reply 162
Original post by GACooper
I've applied for fashion design, has anyone else received word back for their portfolio?

Original post by daisiesandfashion
I applied to Fashion Marketing & Retailing in December, received no acknowledgement of my application but received a conditional offer last Monday. Has anyone else heard back from any of the fashion courses?

Hi people! I applied for fashion and submitted my portfolio in dec but haven't got any replies too... u guys heard anything from them up till now? if do, please share! i am dying of anxiety haha!!
Reply 163
Original post by Inlineadam
All Uni's make mistakes so i Wouldn't look into it too much.

Indeed. However, when it's your first reply, you can't help wondering how well your other four choices will do. A rejection might not really be a rejection or an offer might not really be an offer.
Reply 164
Any Scottish people received offers for Psychology yet?
Reply 165
just got a conditional :biggrin:
Original post by jonobebe
Hi people! I applied for fashion and submitted my portfolio in dec but haven't got any replies too... u guys heard anything from them up till now? if do, please share! i am dying of anxiety haha!!

I got a conditional offer to get BB in my highers this year :smile:
Reply 167
I've just got an invite to an applicants day from the School of Mathematical & Computer Sciences. However, the booking link isn't working. Does anyone know when this or these will be held?
Reply 168
Original post by grazie
I've just got an invite to an applicants day from the School of Mathematical & Computer Sciences. However, the booking link isn't working. Does anyone know when this or these will be held?

Same!
Reply 169
From Australia (Originally from Thailand) just got an offer from HWU! for Msc in Mgnt! Anyone????:smile: Undecided yet tho!
Actually got the conditional one and the admission staff said.. Once I have made the payment, the full offer will be made!, Isn't it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 170
Unconditional offer for Psychology! Anyone else?
Was my first choice so I'm really happy right now :biggrin:
Reply 171
Original post by grazie

I'm going to one on the 30th of March and I'm pretty sure there was another one sometime in April, think it was the 13th.
Reply 172
Original post by Nessie242
I'm going to one on the 30th of March and I'm pretty sure there was another one sometime in April, think it was the 13th.

Thanks for that Nessie. I hope it is the 13th as that would suit me perfectly.
Original post by thefine
From Australia (Originally from Thailand) just got an offer from HWU! for Msc in Mgnt! Anyone????:smile: Undecided yet tho!
Actually got the conditional one and the admission staff said.. Once I have made the payment, the full offer will be made!, Isn't it?

Where else are you applying to?

I think it'd be awesome for you to come to Scotland! yes the climate is rather colder haha but to be honest, Scottish people are some of the friendliest you'll ever meet :smile:

Heriot Watt is a really nice place too
Reply 174
Hi everyone!
I'm an I.B student, applied to H.W for Economics
Predicted for 34. Got an acknowledgement letter right away (applied around 14th of December) but still havent heard from them.

I saw some posts that applied for Economics and said that they got an unconditional offer? Woah! How is this possible, and what does it actually mean? That you just need to pass the Diploma for example and you go to the University? Do i also have a chance like this or my grades (34) are not good enough?
By the way the requirements for the course are 29 points in the I.B.
Any others got an answer from them concerning this Subject?

Thanks!
Original post by Kost_119
Hi everyone!
I'm an I.B student, applied to H.W for Economics
Predicted for 34. Got an acknowledgement letter right away (applied around 14th of December) but still havent heard from them.

I saw some posts that applied for Economics and said that they got an unconditional offer? Woah! How is this possible, and what does it actually mean? That you just need to pass the Diploma for example and you go to the University? Do i also have a chance like this or my grades (34) are not good enough?
By the way the requirements for the course are 29 points in the I.B.
Any others got an answer from them concerning this Subject?

Thanks!

I have an unconditional for economics based on the highers I've already done in S5.
Original post by grazie

Just wondering, do you already have an offer from MACS?

Because I'm still waiting and I'm wondering if it's an offers only thing.
Reply 177
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
I have an unconditional for economics based on the highers I've already done in S5.

Sorry, i am quite unfamiliar with the system in the U.K, Highers, A-levels ect. So, from what you said i understood that some of your work has already been somehow shown or submitted which is "proof" of your abilities and thus they are satisfied this in order for you to go to their university and thus the unconditional offer? :P
Original post by Kost_119
Sorry, i am quite unfamiliar with the system in the U.K, Highers, A-levels ect. So, from what you said i understood that some of your work has already been somehow shown or submitted which is "proof" of your abilities and thus they are satisfied this in order for you to go to their university and thus the unconditional offer? :P

Basically yeah.
Reply 179
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Just wondering, do you already have an offer from MACS?
Because I'm still waiting and I'm wondering if it's an offers only thing.

I do have an offer, but the event is described as Applicant Visit, so I dunno...

I'm sure it won't be too much longer before they start making most of the decisions, as they'll want to give everyone the opportunity to visit. BTW, my offer was for maths.

Quick Reply

Latest