The Student Room Group

Business and Management applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

WOW! Unconditional to Strathclyde today, aah!
I got AAABC last year, met the entry requirements though never expected unconditional! sent my application away send of november, so glad to hear back! :smile:
Reply 181
Is the anyone with offer from Manchester Int.Management ?!
Reply 182
Original post by toni93
Is the anyone with offer from Manchester Int.Management ?!

I got one for Management and Leisure last week. I know its not the same thing, but must be something close ;-)
has anyone got an offer from oxford brookes business and management? i sent my application in early october and have had offers from all my choices except them. so just wandering if anyone else has heard yet.
Bump
Hello I'm starting to look round the uni's ready for next year, just wondering why hasn't anyone applied to Worcester? Is it not that good? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by live-laugh-love
Hello I'm starting to look round the uni's ready for next year, just wondering why hasn't anyone applied to Worcester? Is it not that good? Thanks in advance :smile:

I looked around Worcester and loved it! But unfortuantly it is not very good for business, and you can see this by comparing what industry placements the students have in comparison to other universities and the position in the league table.

Where else are you thinking of?
Reply 187
I study at worcester i am doing a BA honours in business management and I am coming to the end of my final year. Worcester is the fastest growing university in the country and I love it there. A couple of years ago they built the business school where the old hospital was in Worcester. The lecture rooms are spacious, plenty of computers available and the tutor support is impeccable. I have learnt so much in the 3 years and there is a lot of variation from module to module.

If it's placement you're worried about, Worcester uni has plenty of connections with businesses that offer placements and garduate schemes and I know PLENTY of people on placements atm. You've got to remember worcester is a tiny university but is expanding rapidly. I probably sound a little bias because I go there but I would definitely invest your time in an open day :smile:

A x
Original post by live-laugh-love

I went to look round there, i loved it thought it was really nice, just depends on what you think tbh, i dont really look at all these uni tables because it may be the best uni but it might not be right for you!
Has anyone herd back from Coventry for business management?? :smile:
Original post by scaredofexams
I looked around Worcester and loved it! But unfortuantly it is not very good for business, and you can see this by comparing what industry placements the students have in comparison to other universities and the position in the league table.

Where else are you thinking of?

Aston, Keele, Stafford, Leicester and wherever else I hear about! What about you?
Original post by knight9434

I have yes, got a conditional offer from them December time i think. Just declined the offer though as i've got my heart set on going to Worcester. Went to the open day and i cannot fault it. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Anyone going to Worcester for Business in 2012? :smile:
Waiting for Durhammmmmm
Original post by Bradders xD
I have yes, got a conditional offer from them December time i think. Just declined the offer though as i've got my heart set on going to Worcester. Went to the open day and i cannot fault it. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Anyone going to Worcester for Business in 2012? :smile:

Oooo mine got sent of end of december so must have missed that batch of applications! thanks for letting me know though!
Worcester is really nice looked round there!!
ok mates, ive been following this and other threads about london colleges and I may be kinda confused right now.

im from brazil and been applying to some business/marketing related masters but i got rejected from 2 or 3 by now. what may be going wrong?

i dont actually know how the english grades work (A levels ucas etc...) so could anyone explain it to me. Here we just take a 0 - 10 mark and evaluate your final grade. i have a 8,33/10 mark overall...so is it bad? what would be the similar in english?

i must remeber that i applied for UCL, imperial, Kings and mainly the first 2 had not any luck. i have a good PS (think so), important recommendations (academic - professional), a year of work experince, my grades, IELTS with 7,5...

what might be the problem? my grades should be better there?

i have this only KCL offer but it stills conditional since they require IELTS with 7 overal and 7 in each....i have 7,5 with 6...wouldnt they consider the case?
im going to try until i pass but its expensive (US 250) and ive seen that my english would be enough for any other school....

dont want to have just one option, even knowing its better than nothing....
but dont know any other good london business schools?? where would you suggest?? been lookin around (henley, european business school) but nothing got really my attention...

anyway thanks
Reply 195
Is this for a MSc? How about LSE...
I would certainly consider LSE, but they request GMAT. I come from International Relations path so dont think im prepared for that

Yep i have an conditional offer for BCC.
Original post by sophiakhan
Yep i have an conditional offer for BCC.

when did you hear back?
Oooo mine got sent of end of december so must have missed that batch of applications! thanks for letting me know though!
Worcester is really nice looked round there!!

No problem, good luck with your application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending