The Student Room Group

iPhone catches wife "cheating"

Scroll to see replies

My boyfriend and I had Lattitude, which shows your location. Once he thought I was somewhere when I wasn't, because it hadn't updated itself from 3 days earlier. He only finally believed me when I sent him a photo of where I was.
Reply 41
Original post by BeautifullyTragic

Original post by BeautifullyTragic
My boyfriend and I had Lattitude, which shows your location. Once he thought I was somewhere when I wasn't, because it hadn't updated itself from 3 days earlier. He only finally believed me when I sent him a photo of where I was.

That sort of thing would make me a bit uncomfortable, do you not trust each other? :s
If my partner tells me that he's somewhere, I take his word for it, and vice versa.
Reply 42
Original post by Reflexive
Says you with a few thousand posts. Joker!

I don't have a smart phone.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by The Patriot
No.

That's why nice people shouldn't marry lying cheating scum.

Good on him I say.

She was obviously driven to it by his obsession with gadgets and lack of trust.
Original post by kingme
It's not really spying - he just put an app on her phone. He could just as easily went round to the friend's house she said she was at.

This. Don't cheat in the first place. This all comes down to 'If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear'. If I was so committed to someone I was married to them, I would be happy for them to read my e-mails if they wanted to, or for them to know my Latitude location (although I have to say, leave GPS on all the time on my phone would make my battery drain so fast!). Being paranoid is a side-effect of various things, including where I have been paranoid, so I would show understanding.

Yes, so he used technology to be lazy, but he could have proved she was there with a taxi, and a camera and following her. Or going to the friend's place and proving she was lying. Etc, etc.

Toaster Leavings
x

Fancy explaining why you negged me? Guilty conscious maybe, you been sleeping around behind a partner's back? Or do you just generally disapprove of honesty?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JohnC2211
"Siri, is my wife cheating on me?"

You got repped purely for the ''you'' and ''you're'' in 'you're' sig.
It'd be funny if the find my friend was wrong.
Anyways, I hope she kept the iPhone 4S :biggrin:
Original post by Please Register
Imagine if they used the gyrometer or the accelerometer to see if the phone was repeatedly going up or down...

That would rely on her holding it in her hand as she had sex... Its quite unlikely she was wearing enough clothes to have it in a pocket!
Reply 48
She might still not have been cheating. He sounds like a generally suspicious, untrusting husband, i.e. The sort to try and stop his wife having any male friends, so that even if it was perfectly innocent she might have felt she should hide it. Maybe people shouldn't judge so hastily.
Original post by overtherainbow

That would rely on her holding it in her hand as she had sex... Its quite unlikely she was wearing enough clothes to have it in a pocket!

Well we could always test the theory out... whaddya say? :colone:
Well we could always test the theory out... whaddya say? :colone:

Ok- so ill go have sex and you can sit at a computer several miles away and see if the dot goes up and down?? that sounds fun for you... :tongue:
Reply 51
Original post by JGR
The illegality depends on which lawyers you ask, and how much you pay them ^^. This is kind of the point, and why divorce is such a messy and expensive affair.

I really doubt this is illegal. Even if it is, doubt he'd get anything worse than a fine.

Original post by whatmakesyoutiki2
She, did - I'm not questioning that - but quite clearly you don't know how the law works, two wrongs don't make a right :facepalm:

Those of us mature enough don't need to 'take sides' in order to recognise when a breach of privacy has occurred.

There's really no need to be condescending.

At what point does it become acceptable to breach privacy in order to prove breach of contract?
Reply 52
There's an app for that
Original post by kingme

There's really no need to be condescending.

At what point does it become acceptable to breach privacy in order to prove breach of contract?

At no point.
Reply 54
Original post by whatmakesyoutiki2
At no point.

Boll, and if I may, ocks.

Even if it's not a married couple, but a big-money business deal?

Ok- so ill go have sex and you can sit at a computer several miles away and see if the dot goes up and down?? that sounds fun for you... :tongue:

Yeah that's fine by me. But obviously I'll need evidence of the act... Just to rule out any factors that could have affected the experiment. And we'll need an evaluation so we need to play back and find out what went wrong. Obviously this has to be carried out multiple times with different partners to make it a fair test, and I'm willing to volunteer my brave self for this noble cause. It must be done.

several miles away

How do you know I'm several miles away :colone:
Original post by Maker
She was obviously driven to it by his obsession with gadgets and lack of trust.

People don't earn trust don't deserve it.

She hadn't earned it (obviously) and so didn't get it. And it turns out he was right not to give it to her.
What a guy.
No wonder this is in current affairs. :L
Yeah that's fine by me. But obviously I'll need evidence of the act... Just to rule out any factors that could have affected the experiment. And we'll need an evaluation so we need to play back and find out what went wrong. Obviously this has to be carried out multiple times with different partners to make it a fair test, and I'm willing to volunteer my brave self for this noble cause. It must be done.

multiple couples, in case I'm a confounding factor and as for evidence well we could just trust the participants. however positions etc would alter the experiment- i think we have to conclude its just not a viable experiment! :tongue: and thank you for your brave volunteering but i wouldnt need to resort to internet people with a slight obsession with creepy smileys- i can find my own volunteers!! :tongue:

and I've been watching you- I know you are far away... :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending