The Student Room Group

Those of you who got A*/A at A level

What grades would you say you were on at the beginning of say the AS course..
because im getting Bs (mainly biology)and hoping for As and some of the modules i have are in January. Im reviewing my work as i go along and trying really hard but seem to get no higher than Bs
Any advice or stories of your first month of AS level? :smile:
Reply 1
When i started my AS's i honestly felt like I was drowning, ready to cry/weep/hit something because i just didn't think i could cope. But from my personal experience (in my A2 year currently, got 4A's in AS), it does get easier as you get used to the style of the exams/teaching, and providing you buckle down and actually do all the work you should be fine! I know people who got C's throughout the year and have come out with A's, so don't panic now, everybody feels they're in the same situation!!
Reply 2
Are the Bs in pieces of school work or in exams? Teachers tend to mark harshly at the beginning of AS. I know people who were getting Cs and Ds in French at the beginning of AS, and ended up with As. I'm sure you'll get there if you're normally A grade :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by shaaar
Are the Bs in pieces of school work or in exams? Teachers tend to mark harshly at the beginning of AS. I know people who were getting Cs and Ds in French at the beginning of AS, and ended up with As. I'm sure you'll get there if you're normally A grade :smile:

Its in exams which we do at the end of each chunk of work and the exam is made up of past paper questions
I am finding alevels hard now... i started of with really ambitious that i am going to get A*s... now... wow.. the truth is always different, i feel like i need time to understand the work.

Quick Reply

Latest