University of Birmingham Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Anyone else with a law offer?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 121
Woohooo applying for Law aswell! Haven't heard anything about offers yet though but I'm guessing that person with the offer is an oxbridge applicant seeing as they sent their UCAS off so early! So shocked to see Birmingham handing out offers for Law this quickly...
Reply 122
Anthopology and American Studies offer for ABB (A in English Lit) :smile:
Original post by CJAW
I just got a letter from Birmingham saying that the Maths department have recommended that the university makes me an offer and that I should receive confirmation of this in the next few days. Does this mean that I have definitely got the offer?

I'm also applying for maths :biggrin: Can I ask how long after you applied you got this letter?
I've applied for Modern Languages (Spanish and ab. initio Japanese), got an acknowledgement email but nothing else so far.
Original post by rm22
Woohooo applying for Law aswell! Haven't heard anything about offers yet though but I'm guessing that person with the offer is an oxbridge applicant seeing as they sent their UCAS off so early! So shocked to see Birmingham handing out offers for Law this quickly...

I was seriously surprised when I got mine, even more surprised because I only got ABB at AS. I'm not applying to Oxbridge, but our school just like us to get our applications off early (though I only sent mine off two weeks ago) so we have a chance against the private school kids. Hope everything goes well for you :smile:
Hey :smile:
I was just wondering if there are any Chemistry applicants who will be at the applicant day on Wednesday? :biggrin:
Reply 127
Original post by newbarbarian
I was seriously surprised when I got mine, even more surprised because I only got ABB at AS. I'm not applying to Oxbridge, but our school just like us to get our applications off early (though I only sent mine off two weeks ago) so we have a chance against the private school kids. Hope everything goes well for you :smile:

You have a law offer? May i ask what day you sent ur ucas? Also, what day and time did you receive your offer?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by madrid90
You have a law offer? May i ask what day you sent ur ucas? Also, what day and time did you receive your offer?

I sent mine off almost two weeks ago to the day, 24/10, and I got my offer on Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't worry, I've been asking around school and most people agree that it's pretty strange for B'ham to give out a Law offer so soon, especially to someone who isn't a particularly exceptional student in terms of grades.
Reply 129

That’s actually quite reassuring as I only got ABB at AS too. Although I do have fairly poor GCSEs (for law standard anyway) which obviously won’t help me much, may I ask what you got for your GCSEs?

Oh and congratulations btw :smile:
anyone goin to the applicant day on tuesday the 15th? (for natsci) my parents can't come so I'm gonna be a loner lol
Reply 131
I sent mine off almost two weeks ago to the day, 24/10, and I got my offer on Saturday afternoon. I wouldn't worry, I've been asking around school and most people agree that it's pretty strange for B'ham to give out a Law offer so soon, especially to someone who isn't a particularly exceptional student in terms of grades.

Bham are going to give their first batch of offers around this time, in that respect it isn't strange, although, im suprise i havn't heard from them. I spent my app 11th of oct :/. Congrats btw:smile:
Reply 132

WOW! Congratulations, there's another person with an offer from B'ham though, and they sent off their application even earlier! How did you find the LNAT? You could probably ask the admissions team at B'Ham what you got on the multiple choice you know... :wink: I'm guessing you aced it! I sent my application off on the 13th of October, still haven't heard anything yet... :s-smilie: Thanks and good luck with your other choices and A-Levels!!! :biggrin:
I was seriously surprised when I got mine, even more surprised because I only got ABB at AS.

Well done on your offer! My UCAS was processed on the same day as yours but I sat my LNAT a couple of days after that...hoping to hear back from them soon :smile:.
It's getting tense waiting for an offer from Birmingham- they're one of my top choices!
Reply 135
Original post by PhysicsMan
It's getting tense waiting for an offer from Birmingham- they're one of my top choices!

Excately the same, i'm agonisingly awaiting a response from bham. I sent my app on the 11th of oct, with pretty strong predicted grades. I'm contemplating i did bad on the lnat :/
Original post by PhysicsMan

Me too. I've heard they've been giving out offers for physics, which with your username I'm assuming you're also applying for. :tongue: Which course you applying to?
Reply 137
just received interview notification for medicine! super excited abt it~
Original post by zxls
just received interview notification for medicine! super excited abt it~

Did you get an acknowledgement specific to medicine.. or just a general type one?? :smile:
Reply 139
Original post by spoinkytheduck
Did you get an acknowledgement specific to medicine.. or just a general type one?? :smile:

it's specific to medicine i think~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending