The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sharliexox
Does anyone know if the essay section of the LNAT is written or typed? :smile:

There's 42 multiple choice questions, about 14 texts, and they cycle them round so you won't have the same list as anyone else. The essay is typed and you get a choice of 3 questions. I'll give you the same advice my friend gave me, pick your essay question quickly, as if you wait too long and then choose one you'll find yourself wondering if you should change questions and that just wastes time. It is a bit of a challenge, but just keep your cool and you'll be ok :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 161
Original post by VickyDoodle
Did anyone else get really excited to see an email from the uni,only to find it was a Student Finance thing? :P

Not really, it was the second 'spam' email I've gotten from them, so I wasn't really surprised to find out that this one was spam too.
Original post by -Haz-
That’s actually quite reassuring as I only got ABB at AS too. Although I do have fairly poor GCSEs (for law standard anyway) which obviously won’t help me much, may I ask what you got for your GCSEs?

Oh and congratulations btw :smile:

Same here, I got 3 A*, 4 A, 2 B and 2 C, which isn't that great compared to most Law applicants, but apparently it's enough for Birmingham. What was funny though was that when I went for my meeting with our teacher who sorts out UCAS and stuff, and told him that I wanted to do Law and told him my grades, he asked me if I'd considered Cambridge :L
Reply 163
Just got an offer for Economics!!! :biggrin:
Reply 164
Original post by ohTS
Just got an offer for Economics!!! :biggrin:

What time may i ask?
Reply 165
Original post by madrid90

What time may i ask?

16.15 :smile:
Reply 166
I got an unconditional for Economics today :smile:
Reply 167
Got a conditional medical biochemistry offer this eveninggg! :biggrin:
Anybody else got an unconditional or conditional for accounting?????
Reply 169
Does anyone have any recent law offers?
Reply 170
Does anyone have any recent law offers?

According to the Law Offers 2012 article someone got one today.
Reply 171
JUST GOT A CONDITIONAL OFFER WOO for Theology and Religion - ABB :smile:
Reply 172
Got a conditional offer for English Language today. AAB including an A in English Language! :smile:
Reply 173
Original post by CJAW
Yep, I applied on the 20th October and the letter came last thursday so that would be 2 weeks. Still haven't got the offer!

Edit: It was finally updated on track today :biggrin:

Did you go to one of the visit days?
Reply 174
Original post by StitchMad
Got a conditional offer for English Language today. AAB including an A in English Language! :smile:

Ah, well done! I'm so jealous. :frown:

When did you apply?
Reply 175
Original post by _Jazzie
Ah, well done! I'm so jealous. :frown:

When did you apply?

Thanks! I applied on the 18th October 2011 and this is the first decision I've received. I've had acknowledgements from Leeds and Newcastle though, so I'm eagerly awaiting any sign of development! :P

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 176
Original post by Inglip
Did you go to one of the visit days?

Nope not yet, I went to an open day back in June though. They give you a web-link to fill in if you want to go to a visit day and I said I'll go after Christmas.
Reply 177
Thanks! I applied on the 18th October 2011 and this is the first decision I've received. I've had acknowledgements from Leeds and Newcastle though, so I'm eagerly awaiting any sign of development! :P

Good luck! :smile:

Good luck with the others! What are your 4th and 5th unis? :smile:
Reply 178
Original post by _Jazzie
Good luck with the others! What are your 4th and 5th unis? :smile:

Lancaster and Sussex! :smile: I'm still not sure which I'd like to go to the most; I'm hoping my dilemma will work itself out somehow! :tongue:

How about you, and what are you wanting to study? :biggrin:
Reply 179
Lancaster and Sussex! :smile: I'm still not sure which I'd like to go to the most; I'm hoping my dilemma will work itself out somehow! :tongue:

How about you, and what are you wanting to study? :biggrin:

I've applied for English Language/ Linguistics/ English Language and Linguistics :tongue:

Applied to QMUL, Manchester x2 and Aston!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending