The Student Room Group

GCSE Triple Science Help!

I'm in Year 10 and was in the 'fast track' group in Year 9, so that's when we started the course.

So far the topics we've covered are B1, B2, B3, P1, P2, P4, and at the moment we're on C1 and C2.

For P4 we had a crap teacher, who left half way through, and so no-one understood any of it. We've been told that P4-P7 are really hard, and for the end of topic test I got a D :-(

Not to sound too big headed, but I've always got A's and A*'s and ended up crying :-( We even took the test home to do it, so I had all my, like 2 notes we'd made sprawled out around me.

I'm super worried about not getting an A or A* in the actual exam, (that includes all topics, not just P4-6), especially considering I want to go into Biology at Uni :-(
Reply 1
Don't worry, just work hard and you'll score that A/A*. In my economics practice GCSE exams last year, I was scoring Cs and Ds. But before the exam, I put in a lot of hard work and I managed to come out with an A. It's the same with science-just put in the hard work, and you'll score an A/A*.
Hiys , im in year 10 and i am taking triple scinece too, i joined my new school at the end of year 9 (a week before the school broke up) and they put me in a fast tack group for triple sience , so to be honest i didnt really know any of it , but i know quite a bit know after 1 month , but the people in the group sometimes struggle as well , so i wouldnt worry ,i also do psychology gcse and there is this theory that you remember things better like notes for revision if your in the place where you learnt it eg:context also , and im taking some exams in januray for them ...are you ? also at your school they might do extra revision classes there, if you dont all ready go to them i would because they REALLY help ! :smile:
Also try your hardest you cant beat that tbh!!!
Reply 3
Yeah, I'm in year 11 and doing separate sciences. Don't panic bcuz there modules so there worth about 10, then your b3, p3,c3 (last exams) are worth about 30%....PLUS you can retake a module :smile:

*ignore my b3, p3 c3....I just realized I might be on a different exam board as you, but they all roughly work the same :biggrin:
The CGP revision guides were incredibley useful when I was doing triple science - to be honest I found them more useful than the teachers.

They're only about... £8 each i think? Or you could see if your school has any as they often offer discount if bought through the school.

But dont worry about it, I did the fast track to and as long as you just put in a little extra effort to revise, youll do fine. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Raza098
I'm in Year 10 and was in the 'fast track' group in Year 9, so that's when we started the course.

So far the topics we've covered are B1, B2, B3, P1, P2, P4, and at the moment we're on C1 and C2.

For P4 we had a crap teacher, who left half way through, and so no-one understood any of it. We've been told that P4-P7 are really hard, and for the end of topic test I got a D :-(

Not to sound too big headed, but I've always got A's and A*'s and ended up crying :-( We even took the test home to do it, so I had all my, like 2 notes we'd made sprawled out around me.

I'm super worried about not getting an A or A* in the actual exam, (that includes all topics, not just P4-6), especially considering I want to go into Biology at Uni :-(

Relax!! It's the core stuff! All of it only adds up to 25% if your with AQA. And you can gain a lot of easy marks in the ISA's. Like basically get full marks xD
I'm in year 11, doing triple science, and i haven't worked too hard, but get A*s.
JUst listen in class, and make sure you catch up with anything you don't understand, so at the end its revision and NOT actually learning the stuff :P Thats what I did last year :teehee: And you should be okay with it. :h:
Reply 6
Original post by sheepshap
Yeah, I'm in year 11 and doing separate sciences. Don't panic bcuz there modules so there worth about 10, then your b3, p3,c3 (last exams) are worth about 30%....PLUS you can retake a module :smile:

*ignore my b3, p3 c3....I just realized I might be on a different exam board as you, but they all roughly work the same :biggrin:

Mee to u doin AQA??
Reply 7
I don't know what is considered fast track, but I'm doing triple science too.
We did P1,P2,P3,B1,B2,B3,C1,C2 and C3 in Year 10 and had an exam on each science in June. I got A*BB and I'm resitting the B's in January. I'm on OCR Gateway so did Science in the News for our coursework which is fairly easily and I got an A* in that :smile:

This year we're doing the rest of the units along with more coursework.

I'm not the brightest of people but with a will to do something, good revision technique and a cool head you can do anything! My chemistry teacher wasn't the greatest so I always made sure I understood the things she did in class, so if teachers are you problem that might be a good idea.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by Mocking_bird
The CGP revision guides were incredibley useful when I was doing triple science - to be honest I found them more useful than the teachers.

They are indeed excellent. RRP is £4.50, i think my school gets a bulk discount and sells them for £3.50. Companion workbooks are also very good.

Other than that, hit the past papers like no tomorrow, nothing prepares you for the exam like past papers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending