The Student Room Group

Difference between Sport Studies and Sport science?

Difference between Sport Studies and Sport science?

Thanks.

:smile:
Reply 1
anyone ... :frown:
Reply 2
I think sports science is more to do with the human body (both physical and mental), whereas sports studies is about sport in general (p.e, coaching, and a bit of science as well, just not as involved).

I'm doing an access to sports studies course, but am looking to study sports science at Uni.

Hope I've helped a bit.
Reply 3
Sports Studies : "what is a plimsoll ? "

Sports Science : "how long is a plimsoll ? "
Reply 4
Hi mate, says it in the course titles really.

Sport Science is more science based and is heavily theory based, looking at the physiological, psychological and muscular functions. Alot to do with reactions in muscles and HOW the body exercises and what allows it to do so.

Sport Studies will be less 'biology' and look a more of a social science side to sport and will more than likely link more to a practical situation rather than in depth science. But both courses are quite similar and sports studies still includes a reasonable degree of the biology of exercise.

Hope that helped. :smile:
Reply 5
If you are looking to become a sports physiotherapist what would you take for A-level, sport science or sport studies? Thanks
Original post by Ausuk06
If you are looking to become a sports physiotherapist what would you take for A-level, sport science or sport studies? Thanks

Hi @Ausuk06,

If you are interested in physiotherapy I would suggest taking Sport Science at A-level. I am a current third year Sport and Exercise Science student at the University of Lincoln. Sport Science should give you an insight into some of the anatomy and physiology which will be useful going forward if you are thinking about becoming a physiotherapist.

Hope this helps, good luck with your studies.

Jack :smile:
Moved the thread from Sports to here, as healthcare is somehow connected to sports too. And because your question is about studies.

Quick Reply

Latest