The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Can't register for course online

Hi all :smile:

I've just been trying to register for online for a course which commences November 1st. The deadline for registration is, admittedly, today but I still have two hours until today is over. I hope.

However, this is what the website is bringing up:

We're sorry, but we have identified a number of records on our student database that potentially match your details and we need you to select the appropriate step from below:

If you have previously studied or have recently registered for another module with the OU, please start again and sign in using the OU Computer User Name and password you were provided with.

Alternatively call us on: +44 (0)845 300 6090 where one of the team will assist you. Our student support team is available every day between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm Saturdays.

If you would rather register by paper then you can download a registration agreement. Please print and follow the instructions on the form.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it demand on the website at this very late hour before reg deadline, or does the system truly believe it already has me on it (I really can't see why it would)?

Many thanks in advance.
Reply 1
It did that to me too; I had to phone up to register. Apparently the first time you register for something it can be a bit temperamental. Best you can do is ring up in the morning and see whether they'll accept a late regsitration...
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Thanks, Persipan :smile: I know it's my own fault though, tbh..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending