Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (IV)

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Interesting. Does this group have anything to do with the forum "Multaqa Ahl al-Hadeeth"? I always assumed it was for those within the ummah who had a keen interest in studying the science of hadeeth but their views on aqeedah are almost unanimously against that of the Ahl-Ul-Athar, and vehemently so..

Yeah, that is the correct and historic meaning. In terms of this group in Pakistan, they adopted this name because they saw everyone else as "Ahlul bidah" ( which to an extent is true) and themselves as Ahlul hadeeth" When it came to refuting one extreme view on taqleed they fell into another extreme, which is why you will hear statements from them like " taqleed is harm" and "Taqleed is shirk" So in this context, it's used to describe this particular group in pakistan. Throughout history the scholars of hadith have always been known as "Ahlul Hadith" like you mentioned.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    Which group do you align yourself with then, if not salafi, brelwi, or deo? Or if you prefer, which kind of scholars do you listen/take from (as in their names)

I'm a salafi, just not a fan of calling myself one lol.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shady_123)
    What did I say that was so bad? Why is it the deobandis AND AHLE HADITH (SALAFIS) both refute one another in Arabic rather than in urdu? I am talking about both sides, cuz they both do it.

Are you a defender of brelvis? Do you know they make Takfir on M.Ashraf Ali thanvi?

We say the deo scholars have made mistakes in certain issues, and we pray that Allah (swt) forgives them. No one is making takfir on them so chill

Meaning, I don't agree with them on certain issues but I don't see them as pure deviants and boycott them. I take the good and leave what's incorrect. I'm actually a fan of the forefathers of Deoband, I think they were amazing scholars.
    You basically made a bold statement, something about inferiority complex, when there was no need for it. I didnt know they do that and I believe ulema e deoband are 100% correct.

No im not a defender, I didnt even know what they were till a few weeks ago, and I have heard some of the stuff they believe, which is wrong.

And again how can you come to such points, are you an expert on fiqh or aqaaid, or taqleed, are you a muhaddith or mufassir or mufti?

Agree about the forefathers of deoband
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muslimboi)

And again how can you come to such points, are you an expert on fiqh or aqaaid, or taqleed, are you a muhaddith or mufassir or mufti?

Agree about the forefathers of deoband
    I could say the same to you when you said the following :

ulema e deoband are 100% correct.

How well read are you with the beliefs of deoband and the books of deo scholars?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I could say the same to you when you said the following :

How well read are you with the beliefs of deoband and the books of deo scholars?
    Sorry I meant to say in that post "I could say" ulema e deoband are 100% correct.

Ive read biographies of the forefathers of deoband, and the likes of shaykh muhammad zakariyya RA, and sat in the gatherings of ulema's. I dont make my own judgement in anything in regards to deen, I pray 2 nafil and ask allah to show me a path, and I always end up asking a god fearing Alim or a Shaykh when I need any masaail or fiqh related question
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you do taqleed?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do you do taqleed?
    I'm a laymen, and it's obligatory on a laymen to do taqleed. The Quran clearly says "".... Ask ahl al-dhikr ( people of knowledge ) if you do not know". (Quran 16:43) 2

The general statement of the quran shows that you ask any scholar/student of knowledge, regardless what madhab that scholar is on. It doesn't matter if the scholar is Hanafi,Shafi,Maliki or Hanbali. All that is irrelevant for the laymen. You find a scholar, ask him your question and done.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you do taqleed?
    Most of those called "Salafis" are not against taqleed and believe that it is obligatory in certain cases (I am specifically referring the four madhaahib).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a laymen, and it's obligatory on a laymen to do taqleed. The Quran clearly says "".... Ask ahl al-dhikr ( people of knowledge ) if you do not know". (Quran 16:43) 2

The general statement of the quran shows that you ask any scholar/student of knowledge, regardless what madhab that scholar is on. It doesn't matter if the scholar is Hanafi,Shafi,Maliki or Hanbali. All that is irrelevant for the laymen. You find a scholar, ask him your question and done.
    Ive learnt and read that you should follow one imam, otherwise you would be picking and choosing. And I believe that. And you have your opinion, which youre entitled to
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Most of those called "Salafis" are not against taqleed and believe that it is obligatory in certain cases (I am specifically referring the four madhaahib).
    Jazakallah for that info
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apologies one madhab I meant
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ive learnt and read that you should follow one imam, otherwise you would be picking and choosing. And I believe that. And you have your opinion, which youre entitled to

Jazakallah for that info
    It would be picking and choosing if a person was just to wake up one morning and say " for this issue, i'm gonna follow the hanafi ruling, and this issue i'm gonna follow the hanbali ruling and so on and so forth"

If you ask a scholar and he gives a ruling ( which will most likely be based on the madhab he follows) then you follow that ruling and it can't be seen as "picking and choosing"

See the difference?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It would be picking and choosing if a person was just to wake up one morning and say " for this issue, i'm gonna follow the hanafi ruling, and this issue i'm gonna follow the hanbali ruling and so on and so forth"

If you ask a scholar and he gives a ruling ( which will most likely be based on the madhab he follows) then you follow that ruling and it can't be seen as "picking and choosing"

See the difference?
    You didnt explain it like that in your previous post, and yes I do see the difference
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apologies one madhab I meant
    Out of interest, if you were faced with two different opinions - both Hanafi scholars - what would you do in such a situation? This is somewhat unrelated, I'm just wondering
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Out of interest, if you were faced with two different opinions - both Hanafi scholars - what would you do in such a situation? This is somewhat unrelated, I'm just wondering
    Due to the chance of this happening, I take all my masaail from just one scholar who my heart is content with. Ikhtilaaf will always be there. And always pray to Allah to guide on the siraat-e-mustaqeem. B
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    This may seem really ignorant, but what is a salafi?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyselfEtAl)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salafi

This is pretty decent description, covers the basics at least anyway.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Due to the chance of this happening, I take all my masaail from just one scholar who my heart is content with. Ikhtilaaf will always be there. And always pray to Allah to guide on the siraat-e-mustaqeem. B
    As a layman you're exercising the right to choose a particular scholar that your heart is content with -isn't this similar to a layman who chooses a particular opinion of a knowledgeable person regardless of that person's madhab? :p:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyselfEtAl)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=8999

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=9347
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    As a layman you're exercising the right to choose a particular scholar that your heart is content with -isn't this similar to a layman who chooses a particular opinion of a knowledgeable person regardless of that person's madhab? :p:
    Because I am a layman and shaytan would easily try to mislead me, that is the whole reason I only ask one scholar. I never said its wrong to ask a scholar who could be from a different madhab regarding a question about ones own madhab.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because I am a layman and shaytan would easily try to mislead me, that is the whole reason I only ask one scholar. I never said its wrong to ask a scholar who could be from a different madhab regarding a question about ones own madhab.
    I was trying to emphasise the matter of 'choosing' a particular scholar to ask everything to in the first place. Your last sentence isn't what I was asking :o: I was just saying that exercising the right to choose one scholar to ask everything to isn't too different than exercising the right to choose a particular opinion regardless of the person's madhab, in my opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong =)
Updated: December 1, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.