Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (IV)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    "Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

The Prophet (saw) mentioned in numerous ahadith that a muslim should fear the du'a of he who has been wronged, for he said: "Fear the du'a of he who has been wronged, for verily it ascends to the skies faster than sparks (of light)."

Let not your tongue mention the shame of another
    For you yourself are covered in shame and all men have tongues.
    If your eye falls upon the sins of your brother
    Shield them and say: "O my eye! All men have eyes!
    " Imam Shafii

Never do I debate a man with a desire to hear him err in his speech, or to expose the flaws in his argument, and thus vanquish him. Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently supplicate, ‘O Lord, help him so that truth may manifest itself in his heart and on his tongue. If it be that the truth is on my side, may he follow me; and if the truth be on his side, may I follow him. Imam Shafii
    Imam Shafi'ee has some really cool sayings! Actually all four of them do :yy:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Imam Shafi'ee has some really cool sayings! Actually all four of them do :yy:
    yep they do MashaAllah. ALthough I usually come across more of Imam Shafii's - so post up more of the others when you come across them
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    yep they do MashaAllah. ALthough I usually come across more of Imam Shafii's - so post up more of the others when you come across them
    I can post some of Imam Ahmad's cos I have a translation of a book written by him and at the back there's some supplementary chapters, and some of them include some of his sayings etc But there's loads by Abu Hanifa that aren't that authentic as far as I know, so I guess it's hard to pick out what is authentic and what isn't :dontknow:
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Abdullah the son of Al-Imam Ahmad reports that his father, Al-Imam Ahmad, said, “The graves of Ahl Al-Sunnah who committed major sins are gardens (from Paradise) whilst the graves of the heretics (adherents of Bid’ah) who were ascetics are pits (from the Fire). The sinners from Ahl Al-Sunnah are the beloved of Allah, whereas the ascetics of Ahl Al-Bid’ah are the enemies of Allah.” Ibn Abî Ya’lâ, Tabaqât Al-Hanâbilah Vol. 1 p182.

:ninja:

It is reported from Imam Ahmad that he said, “The foundations of Islam are upon three hadith: the one reported by ‘Umar – ‘Actions are but by intentions’, the one reported by ‘Aishah – ‘Whoever does a deed that does not conform to our commands will have it rejected’ and the one reported by Al-Nu’man b. Bashir – ‘The halal and haram are clear… :yy:

aaaand one last one:

“If you desire Allah (swt) to be persistent in granting you the things you love, then be persistent in doing the things He loves.” — Ahmad Ibn Hanbal (RA)
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    And never say of anything, "Indeed, I will do that tomorrow," Except [when adding], "If Allah wills." 18:23-24

I think this is really important. I am probably guilty of it myself but it's so easy to say 'I'm going here or going there tomorrow' or 'I'm meeting my friend next week' or something, and we often forget to say InshaAllah at the end. Whether we do end up doing what we say or not is a matter of the unseen that only Allah knows, so we shouldn't say with certainty that we're going to do it.. so try to remember to say InshaAllah at the end
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    Evening all :wavey:

Thought I'd take stead in Hylean's steps and come and introduce myself as a new mod in D&CA Religion If you have any issues feel free to direct them to AAM :yes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Facticity)

Thought I'd take stead in Hylean's steps and come and introduce myself as a new mod in D&CA Religion If you have any issues feel free to direct them to AAM or if you want me to specifically look at something, equally; feel free to drop me a PM :yes:
    'grats. :yy:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:

Thought I'd take stead in Hylean's steps and come and introduce myself as a new mod in D&CA Religion If you have any issues feel free to direct them to AAM or if you want me to specifically look at something, equally; feel free to drop me a PM :yes:
    Congrats in being a mod
    • 34 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnicare)
    'grats. :yy:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    Congrats in being a mod
    Thanks guys
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Salaams all,

I just came across this recitation, Subhanallah it is so inspiring, no matter what difficulty we are facing we should try to remain patient and keep our trust in Allah, Inshallah:

• 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Thank you
    You're very welcome.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:

Thought I'd take stead in Hylean's steps and come and introduce myself as a new mod in D&CA Religion If you have any issues feel free to direct them to AAM :yes:

That's nice to see :five:

Good luck
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Richness does not lie in the abundance of (worldly) goods, but richness is the richness of the soul (heart, self).”

— - Rasulullah (SAW)
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    "If Allah should aid you, no one can overcome you; but if He should forsake you, who is there that can aid you after Him? And upon Allah let the believers rely.”

— -Surah Al Ímran 3:160
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    “Whoever saved a life, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind.”
    — Quran 5:32
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    “Seek Allah’s help in purifying your outward nature of wrong actions and cleanse your inward being from faults. Cut the shackles of heedlessness from your heart, and extinguish the fire of desires in your soul.”
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Prophet (sallahu alayhi wa salaam) said to Muadh Ibn Jabal, “Shall I not tell you of what controls all that?’

I said: ‘Yes, O Messenger of Allah.’ So he took a hold of his tongue, and said: ‘Restrain this!’ (ie hold your tongue)

I said: ‘O Prophet of Allah, will we be held accountable for what we say?’

He, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said: “May your mother be bereaved of you, O Mu’adh!

Is there anything that causes people to be dragged on their faces – or he said – on their noses into Hellfire other than the harvests of their tongues?’” (Al-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and Ahmad- Sahih)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sahl Ibn Sa’ad reported that Allah’s Messenger, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said: “Whoever can guarantee for me (that he will guard) what is between his jaws (tongue) and what is between his legs (private parts), I will guarantee for him Paradise.” (Bukhari)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said: “Whosoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him say what is good or remain silent.” (Bukhari)
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:
Updated: December 1, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.