Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (IV)

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Horrible reason. What do you mean by it's not "working"? Examples :p:? You can't "dislike" traditional Islam - authentic Islam - simply because of how it's implemented.
    lol umm it's not working anywhere... afghanistan? saudi? iran?

and i am not saying i dislike traditional islam.. :confused: where the hell did you get that from? :indiff:
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibs137)
    lol umm it's not working anywhere... afghanistan? saudi? iran?

and i am not saying i dislike traditional islam.. :confused: where the hell did you get that from? :indiff:
    From the fact that you're an advocate for modernising Islam. What you're saying doesn't match up :p: If you have no problem with traditional Islam - and by this I mean that which doesn't call for a reinterpretation of texts and relies on what the salaf / classical scholars have said - then why do you feel the need for there to be a modernisation of t?

You're judging 'traditional' Islam (I call it this as an "as opposed to" to "modern" Islam) based on what Saudi/Iran and the like implement it as. I think it's been made clear in this thread, to you, that although there are countries that have implemented the shariah and whatnot, none of them are perfect.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ebel-home.html

Astagfirullah. Please do dua for the Syrian people. May Allah free them from the tyranny of Basshar Al Assad.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ebel-home.html

Astagfirullah. Please do dua for the Syrian people. May Allah free them from the tyranny of Basshar Al Assad.
    Assad is a monster. This sort of thing is the tip of the iceberg.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    From the fact that you're an advocate for modernising Islam. What you're saying doesn't match up :p: If you have no problem with traditional Islam - and by this I mean that which doesn't call for a reinterpretation of texts and relies on what the salaf / classical scholars have said - then why do you feel the need for there to be a modernisation of t?

You're judging 'traditional' Islam (I call it this as an "as opposed to" to "modern" Islam) based on what Saudi/Iran and the like implement it as. I think it's been made clear in this thread, to you, that although there are countries that have implemented the shariah and whatnot, none of them are perfect.
    if you can implement a perfect islamic shariah law then yeh it would be good but I think a non-perfectly implemented democracy is better than a badly implemented shariah i.e. saudi, iran
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    AsSalamAlaykum.

First time posting on this thread
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isp)
    AsSalamAlaykum.

Walaikum as Salam
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    And whenever you give your word, say the truth [al-An’aam 6:152]
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Olives are pressed to get oil. Fruits are squeezed for juice. Flowers are crushed for perfume. These are the methods to get goodness out of things. So if you feel crushed, squeezed, and pressed it is Allah (SWT) getting the best out of you. So have faith in Allah, for indeed He tests those whom he loves.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    O you who have believed, when [the adhan] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu'ah [Friday], then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew. [Quran 62:9]
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isp)
    AsSalamAlaykum.

Wasalaam
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Since Love has made ruins of my heart
    The sun must come and illumine them
    Such generosity has broken me with shame
    — Rumi ♥
    Why are there people who come onto this thread to give me negs
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isp)
    O you who have believed, when [the adhan] is called for the prayer on the day of Jumu'ah [Friday], then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave trade. That is better for you, if you only knew. [Quran 62:9]
    :yy:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone today?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isp)
    How is everyone today?
    Fine alhumdulillah, started making brownies but they turned out as cookies, haha
    And you.?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruitfan)
    Fine alhumdulillah, started making brownies but they turned out as cookies, haha
    And you.?
    I'm good. Just prayed Zohar
Updated: December 1, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.