Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (IV)

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    “If a person is disciplined in their prayer, they’ll be disciplined in everything else in their life.”

Sayed Ammar Nakshawani
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    “When you go through an emotional downturn, remember that this world is temporary, so don’t stress about it too much. Worry about the hereafter and what you’ve prepared for it, that’s what we should all be stressed about. May Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) make it easy for us. Ameen.”
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    "When someone corrects you, do not feel bad or embarrassed. Sometimes that's just a way Allah wants to remind you how to get better."
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    “You worship what you fear. So watch where you place your fears.”

Rumi
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    “The truth is we put the needs of our body above the needs of our soul. We feed our bodies, because if we didn’t, we’d die. But so many of us starve our souls, forgetting that if we are not praying our soul is dead. And ironically, the body that we tend to is only temporary, while the soul that we neglect is eternal.”

Yasmin Mogahed
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    ‎"Every human has weaknesses and imperfections. When you start to speak about the weaknesses of others you're only harming yourself by exposing your own. You're inability to see the greater good in people, and you're inability to only speak good or remain silent." [Sheikh Navaid Aziz]
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    “Remember that everything in this life is only a glimpse. Love, beauty, happiness are only imperfect approximations. Only the dunya version of these things. Seek the Real thing. Pain, sadness, and even fire are only imperfect approximations. Only the dunya version of these things. Seek refuge from the real thing.”

Yasmin Mogahed
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    “We don’t doubt Islam— but we should doubt our understanding of Islam to avoid arrogance.”

Shaykh Hamza Yusuf*
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can any Muslim, describe the difference between Islam and the Nation of Islam (e.g. what American rappers are. 5 percenters and that...)
    Just interested as I was told that those of the 'Nation of Islam' believe that the white man is the 'devil'?

Can anybody clarify? lol.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'll be converting to Islam this Friday and I'll be an actual Muslim. Wow. Big words :^_^: And to be honest I'm a bit scared. I'm a bit nervous at it. Its a big decision I'm making and whats more is that my dad STILL doesn't know I'm converting (for more info on this have a look at this thread, sadly it closed because of trolls

And should I take a camera in as well? I don't know if they're allowed inside mosques! My Muslim girlfriend is gonna be there and so is her dad and mum and my mum as well (yeah I know its haraam but I've been with her the Islamic way for the past 9 or 10 years, meaning that we've not touched each other or had sex. She's pretty much had a mahram near here all the time (I've known her brothers as well) since I've known her since high school and now University I'm gonna ask to marry her straight after! :woo: everyones kind of expecting it!

Wow, think I'm getting dizzy writing this lol a reversion and a proposal the same day! And its being done on the holiest of days...:afraid:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awesome.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XO*)
    Can any Muslim, describe the difference between Islam and the Nation of Islam (e.g. what American rappers are. 5 percenters and that...)
    Just interested as I was told that those of the 'Nation of Islam' believe that the white man is the 'devil'?

Can anybody clarify? lol.
    The Nation of Islam does not represent Islam at all. Traditional Islam believes that there is one God and we will not see Him in this life, whereas the NOI (correct me if I'm wrong) believe that he came in the character of Fard Muhammad. We accept the prophet pbuh as the final prophet but instead they think Elijah Mohammed came after that (I have extremely simplified it here but that's the general jist I got). Regarding the black race, they think the black race was the "first" race and everything else originated thereon from it. If you go on to wikipedia (shameful, I know :getmecoat) there is a comparison between their beliefs and that of mainstream Islam.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    The Nation of Islam does not represent Islam at all. Traditional Islam believes that there is one God and we will not see Him in this life, whereas the NOI (correct me if I'm wrong) believe that he came in the character of Fard Muhammad. We accept the prophet pbuh as the final prophet but instead they think Elijah Mohammed came after that (I have extremely simplified it here but that's the general jist I got). Regarding the black race, they think the black race was the "first" race and everything else originated thereon from it. If you go on to wikipedia (shameful, I know :getmecoat) there is a comparison between their beliefs and that of mainstream Islam.
    Never heard of that "Nation of Islam" sect before. Discovering more and more deviations of Islam everyday.
    Well, so they did the same think the Ahmadiyya community did :facepalm:, on top of that they are also racist and call themselves Muslims, they are one of the 72 sects to be in hell-fire.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if they think that they are 'Muslims' as such or whether they have consciously and deliberately 'created' the group just for the peace of mind / sense of belonging / whatever else. By that I mean that I wonder whether the people who ascribe to it truly believe they are following Islam or whether they do it knowingly/unknowingly due to it simply cohering with ideas they already believe.

Allahu Alam. May Allah Most High guide them all.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    @GabGirl - Walaikum as salaam I dunno why but I couldn't quote your post.

Anyways, I get them all from my blog site (www.tumblr.com) - the sources depends on whomever you follow.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:

Beautiful picture, MashaAllah. :suith:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troll_Account)
    I'll be converting to Islam this Friday and I'll be an actual Muslim. Wow. Big words :^_^: And to be honest I'm a bit scared. I'm a bit nervous at it. Its a big decision I'm making and whats more is that my dad STILL doesn't know I'm converting (for more info on this have a look at this thread, sadly it closed because of trolls

And should I take a camera in as well? I don't know if they're allowed inside mosques! My Muslim girlfriend is gonna be there and so is her dad and mum and my mum as well (yeah I know its haraam but I've been with her the Islamic way for the past 9 or 10 years, meaning that we've not touched each other or had sex. She's pretty much had a mahram near here all the time (I've known her brothers as well) since I've known her since high school and now University I'm gonna ask to marry her straight after! :woo: everyones kind of expecting it!

Wow, think I'm getting dizzy writing this lol a reversion and a proposal the same day! And its being done on the holiest of days...:afraid:
    Mashallah

we will all pray for you
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rasulullah (SAW) said: “The woman that is obedient and subservient to her husband; the birds in the air, fish in the sea, angels in the sky and animals in the jungles seek forgiveness for her”

(Bukhari)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just wondering

any tabla players around??
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    “‎The manner you deal with people in this World, is the same manner Allah will deal with you—both in this World and the Hereafter.”
    — Ibn al-Qayyim Rahimullah
Updated: December 1, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.