Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (IV)

Announcements Posted on
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hudhayfa ibn al-Yamani (RA) said: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said 'temptations are presented to the heart, one by one. Any heart that accepts them will be left with a black stain, but any heart that rejects them will be left with a mark of purity, so that hearts are of two types: a dark heart that has turned away and become like an overturned vessel, and a pure heart that will never be harmed by temptation for as long as the earth and heaven exist. The dark heart only recognises good and denounces evil when this suits its desires and whim'
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shaykh Ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said:

"You should not look at what the person used to do, rather you should look at what kind of person they are today. The one who gets bogged down about people's past is just like Ibless who said to Allaah, "You created me from fire and you created him from clay.""

- Al Minhaaj, Volume 2, pg 430
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "None is more patient than Allah against the harmful and annoying words He hears (from the people): They ascribe children to Him, yet He bestows upon them health and provision."

Bukhari Vol. 9 : No. 475
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weirdnessandcoffee)
    Hello
    :h: salaamss
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dont change Islam, change yourself. Dont wish Islam was easier, wish you was better & dont judge Islam based on muslims, judge Islam for what it is.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampire-Love4ever)
    :hi:
    Wow! Never met someone from UAE before
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joytosee)
    :h: salaamss
    Walakum as salaam
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I have a question if any one could help me.
    Is it okay if I read an english Qu'ran? It's because I live in a totally no muslim area and I've never fully been able to read arabic
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I have a question if any one could help me.
    Is it okay if I read an english Qu'ran? It's because I live in a totally no muslim area and I've never fully been able to read arabic
    What you mean by that is an English translation of the Qu'ran as a translation of the meanings is not considered the Qu'ran. It is only in Arabic.

But yes that perfectly fine. Anything which explains the meanings and assists in understanding the Qu'ran.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pacman78_6)
    What you mean by that is an English translation of the Qu'ran as a translation of the meanings is not considered the Qu'ran. It is only in Arabic.

But yes that perfectly fine. Anything which explains the meanings and assists in understanding the Qu'ran.
    Okay, thank you
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    "And keep yourself patient (by being) with those who call upon their Lord in the morning and the evening, seeking His countenance. And let not your eyes pass beyond them, desiring adornments of the worldly life, and do not obey one whose heart We have made heedless of Our remembrance and who follows his desire and whose affair is ever (in) neglect."

Surah Kahf, 18:28
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Abu Huraira (RA) reported that the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said that Allah (glorified and exalted be He), the Exalted and Glorious said, “I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.” (Sahih Muslim).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Person A: How many prayers have you missed?
    Person B: Umm dunno

Person A: Ok well estimate ... how many prayers do you miss in the last week?
    Person B: About 10 ... (2 out of 7 days worth of prayers missed !!!)

Person A: Would say that's about right for the past 5 years?
    Person B: Yes

Person A: How many prayers do you think you read in the 10 years before that ... seeing that now you are 28 years old ... and it would make you 13 years old since then?

Person B: Well mostly Fajr and Isha would be missed so about 40% of them and I missed about 20% of the others.

Person A: Ok look at this ...

5 years = 5 x 365.2 days = 1826 days = 1826 x 5 prayers = 9130 prayers

In this time how many were missed? 9130 x (2/7) = 2609 prayers

The previous 10 years makes 18,260 prayers

40% x (2/5) x 18,260 = 2922 prayers
    20% x (3/5) x 18,260 = 2191 prayers

That makes 7722 prayers in total missed over 15 years of mature life ...

Person B: That's true

Person A: Have you ever considered this as a debt to Allah (SWT) that you should pay back?

Person B: (silence)

Person A: Consider 7722 prayers were equal to just 1 dollar each ... that would land you with a debt of $7722 ... if you had to pay this back in 1 year that makes $643.50 per month to pay ...

Person B: That's a significant amount of money

Person A: But how much would you say is the price tag for one prayer?

Person B: That 's a silly question ...

Person A: Come on ... $100, $500 ... how much is one prayer worth to you?

Person B: I can't answer that question

Person A: Ok let's say it is worth more than $1 ... let's say it is worth 100 times more ... just think of the pressure to pay off a debt that large? It would be a sum just over 3 quarters of a million dollars.

Person B: That's a lot of money

Person A: Now consider who is more important ... By even praying 5 times a day that debt will never come off ... by praying an extra 2 prayers a day it will take around 10 and a half years to pay that debt ...

Person B: That's way too much ...

Person A: Look just do a little at a time and make up for your loss ... think of it like you are removing that burden over you.

Person B: Yeah ... I should catch up ... who knows I could die tomorrow ...

May Allah (SWT) protect us and give us health and life to fulfil our debts to all people and to Him ... Ameen
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Never met someone from UAE before
    Aw. Salaams.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, Will You Not Then Abstain ?

Assalamualikum
    May the peace and blessings of Almighty God be upon you.

Devil wants only to exciteenmity and hatredbetween you with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah (One God) and from the the prayer. So, will you not then abstain ? Quran 5:91.

The 21st century declaration of Government of Kerala is met with farce but the 6th century declaration of Glorious Quran was met with realization.

http://infobasedonscriptures.blogspo...n-abstain.html

Regards
    Nisam
    http://debatebasedonscriptures.blogspot.in/

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    "O mankind! We created you from a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that you may know and honor each other (not that you should despise one another). Indeed the most honorable of you in the sight of God is the most righteous." Qur'an Chapter 49, Verse 13
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_be_upon_him_(Islam)

Is it important to write peace be upon him after a prophet, can you not simply just say it?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Insha'Allah we all do well in exams that we have coming up. O Allah, increase in us knowledge that will benefit us in this life and the hereafter.
Updated: December 1, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.