Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (IV)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    You ghost quoted me in this?

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (IV)
    quoted by: Vampire-Love4ever, 7 Hours Ago
    I did ? :erm:

By mistake, perhaps.

Sorry.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I believe in Islam. I am a Muslim and there is nothing wrong with being a Muslim, nothing wrong with the religion of Islam. It just teaches us to believe in Allah as the God. Those of you who are Christian probably believe in the same God, because I think you believe in the God Who created the universe. That’s the One we believe in, the One Who created universe—the only difference being you call Him God and we call Him Allah. The Jews call Him Jehovah. If you could understand Hebrew, you would probably call Him Jehovah too. If you could understand Arabic, you would probably call Him Allah.

- Malcom X
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any duas for stress/anxiety?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyselfEtAl)
    Anyone got any duas for stress/anxiety?
    Holy prophet (SAWW) said: whoever recites the first 4 ayats of Surae Baqarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last 3 ayats of Surah e Baqarah, will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Satan will not come near him and he will not forget the Qur’an.

• 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Al-Imam al-Sha`bi was asked what is the name of the Satan's wife? He replied: I was not invited to the wedding.

:ninja:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Al-Imam al-Sha`bi was asked what is the name of the Satan's wife? He replied: I was not invited to the wedding.

:ninja:
    Imam al-Sha’bi was once asked, ‘How did you attain all this knowledge? He said:

بنفي الاعتماد و السير في البلاد و صبر كصبر الحمار و بكور كبكور الغراب

“By independency, by travelling through cities, by having patience like that of a donkey and by rising early like the rising of crows.”

more info on Imam Al-Sha'bi? Who was he?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Imam al-Sha’bi was once asked, ‘How did you attain all this knowledge? He said:

بنفي الاعتماد و السير في البلاد و صبر كصبر الحمار و بكور كبكور الغراب

“By independency, by travelling through cities, by having patience like that of a donkey and by rising early like the rising of crows.”

more info on Imam Al-Sha'bi? Who was he?
    Amir ibn Sharaheel ash-Sha'bi was a well known scholar in Kufa afaik, and from among the tabi'een. You'll find more if you type 'ash-Shabi' instead, I'm not sure what the difference is but, e.g, the question about Iblis' wife can be found when typing either "ash" or "al" - so I'm confused which one is the right one..

Here are a few other sayings by him, and he was a hadith narrator too from what I know.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampire-Love4ever)
    Holy prophet (SAWW) said: whoever recites the first 4 ayats of Surae Baqarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last 3 ayats of Surah e Baqarah, will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Satan will not come near him and he will not forget the Qur’an.

Thank You so much
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "ash" or "al" -
    it's written with "al" in arabic but pronounced "ash" cuz the "sheen" that follows is a sun letter.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Look how Shaikh mohammed hassan describes Aisha(ra) in the first 2mins! May Allah(swt) give him a quick and easy recovery.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    “Seek happiness in one of three things: in the recitation of the Qur’an, in the remembrance of Allah and in Prayer. If you do not find happiness in one of these matters, then know that the door to happiness has been shut for you.”

- Hasan Al-Basri
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:

MashaAllah. :suith:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

may Allah(swt) hasten his release.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to add something that my grandmother told me quite recently and it's inspired me to dedicate my life to Allah, and I hope that after sharing this with you that I hopefully inspire you too.

I understand that most of us have exams and fitting prayer around this and also finding the time to read the Qu'ran can seem impossible at times. You may also be reluctant in leaving everything to Allah as you may feel that it's your sole responsibility to manage your time, but we forget one very essential thing. Allah does not give more pain than a person can bear, there are two reasons why he may choose to push you off a cliff, one is to catch you and the other is to teach you to fly. When a child is told to fall back they are less reluctant in falling back into the arms of the person behind them, than an adult is. So be the inocent child and fall back into Allah's hands and leave it to him.

Seeking knowledge is seen as a very pious thing to do in Islam and you've got to always remember that Allah wants you to seek knowledge. So whenever you feel as if you have lost your motivation to study, make your new motivation worship, as seeking knowledge can be seen as a form of worship to Allah.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie94)
    I'd just like to add something that my grandmother told me quite recently and it's inspired me to dedicate my life to Allah, and I hope that after sharing this with you that I hopefully inspire you too.

I understand that most of us have exams and fitting prayer around this and also finding the time to read the Qu'ran can seem impossible at times. You may also be reluctant in leaving everything to Allah as you may feel that it's your sole responsibility to manage your time, but we forget one very essential thing. Allah does not give more pain than a person can bear, there are two reasons why he may choose to push you off a cliff, one is to catch you and the other is to teach you to fly. When a child is told to fall back they are less reluctant in falling back into the arms of the person behind them, than an adult is. So be the inocent child and fall back into Allah's hands and leave it to him.

Seeking knowledge is seen as a very pious thing to do in Islam and you've got to always remember that Allah wants you to seek knowledge. So whenever you feel as if you have lost your motivation to study, make your new motivation worship, as seeking knowledge can be seen as a form of worship to Allah.
    Great post Jazakallah!! sorrrrrrry I negged you accidently:sad: I wanted to thumbs uppp , but i'll pos rep you when i can
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    For one to seek knowledge he should check his intention. If the intention isn't for Allah(swt) and it's just for debating purposes or to be seen as "knowledgeable", you will find that remembering and grasping various issues will be difficult. If the intention is to get closer to Allah (swt) then It will made easy for a person bi'ithnillah.

Also, a person should strive heard to memories as much as they can from the Quran. There's no point in reading into the difference of opinion of scholars on a fiqh issue when a person hardly knows much Quran. Prioritize and balance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    very inspirational comment
Updated: December 1, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.