The Student Room Group

Critically discuss the principle of legal certainty under EU law

Critically discuss the principle of legal certainty under EU law

I'm completely baffled as to where to start, can anyone point me in the right direction please.
Reply 1
Berends, W.J. (2010),The Interpretation of Multilingual EU Legislation: The Practice of the
European Court of Justice and its Consequences for Legal Certainty, Master’s Thesis, University of Utrecht, [Online] Available from:
http://www.nver.nl/documents/Scriptieprijs2010_NVER_Berends.pdf
Reply 2
Hi thomas, do you reckon that link you posted could be used as a reference in the coursework? I find it very useful but just not sure if i could put that down in my footnotes as a reference because it looks like a student's written thesis.
Please help!
Reply 3
I don't know what your uni's citation guidelines are but you can normally reference a master's/doctoral thesis. They way I put it above, follows the Harvard referencing system.
It's OK to use another student's work as long as you reference it properly. If it's an online source as this one is you should normally include the web address.
Reply 4
That seems helpful mate, we are supposed to follow OSCOLA citation system not harvard though :frown: so i am not sure if its right to use this. Do you have any idea about oscola mate? Would appreciate.
Reply 5
'Fraid I don't know about OSCALA mate. As fas as I know, the referencing system is just the format e.g. Author (date), Title, Publisher ....
not what you can or can't use. As I said, if you give an in-text reference for any points you make deriving from the thesis and a full reference in the Bibliography it should be fine whatever referencing style you have to follow. You can only be accused of plagiarism if you try and pass off someone else's work as your own.

Hope that helps mate. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Brilliant! Thanks for boosting my confidence lol appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending