The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Thinking of studying at Coventry university?

Hi,

My name is Philippa and I'm a third year fashion student at Coventry university. I've lived in halls and have now moved into my second house. I have loooads of student life experience :smile:

If you have any queries about the university or about any of the creative subjects you can ask me. I also know a bit about illustration, photography, media, auto design, computing and psychology due to my friendship groups.

I look forward to answering your questions!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey There

I am applying to coventry for civil engineering. could you tell me more about the city and how the campus is set up?

thanks
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,

The university is spread amongst and around the city. Different faculties and buildings are in different places. Unlike many other universities where all the uni buildings and accomodation are on one campus away from the city centre, coventry is very central with the new Student Union building only 2 or 3 minutes away from the main city centre, as well as the other main buildings and accomodation close by. I really like this layout as it feels more open and less confined. This also means that you feel a part of the city and the "real world".

If you live in halls, you wont need to spend money on getting to and from your uni building as it will be within 5-10 minute walk depending on where you are living. I would recomend coming to an open day to check it out for yourself. The next one is 22nd of October, but keep checking the Coventry University website for more dates.

The city itself is quite large, but the main shopping area is relatively confined, which is handy as it doesnt take forever to go to the shops you are looking for. Birmingham is close too, so if you want to have a full day of shopping it is only around 25 minutes on the train.
Reply 3
Hi :smile: I'm in my last year at college and i've applied to coventry to do fashion. I got my interview in a month. do you have any tips :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi,

First of all, many congratulations on being invited for an interview.

The best advice we can give is to ensure your portfolio is of a good calibre, as this will form an important part of the decision. Other than that, just relax and be yourself - the interviewers are really friendly and they won't bite!

If you would like any further advice, you're more than welcome to contact the Faculty admissions staff on [email protected]

Best of luck!
Joe
Recruitment & Admissions Office
Reply 5
Hello i got an Unconditionall offer for Music Composition or Music technology, haven't decided yet, do you have any list of hardware and software you using ?
Anything you can tell me on that course or advice anybody who knows how things going on there?

Thank you for your patience and hope to hear from you soon

Sincerely

MIke
Reply 6
Original post by PlooQ
Hello i got an Unconditionall offer for Music Composition or Music technology, haven't decided yet, do you have any list of hardware and software you using ?
Anything you can tell me on that course or advice anybody who knows how things going on there?

Thank you for your patience and hope to hear from you soon

Sincerely

MIke

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure I can really answer that question for you but what I can do is put you in touch with the people who can. Try the Coventry School of Art & Design (CSAD) on [email protected] or 024 7688 8062.

Have a top Christmas,
Joe
Original post by Sal_Coventry
Hi,

My name is Philippa and I'm a third year fashion student at Coventry university. I've lived in halls and have now moved into my second house. I have loooads of student life experience :smile:

If you have any queries about the university or about any of the creative subjects you can ask me. I also know a bit about illustration, photography, media, auto design, computing and psychology due to my friendship groups.

I look forward to answering your questions!

I don't know if you know anything but does Coventry accept 2nd year transfer students?

Many thanks :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by sophiekatina
I don't know if you know anything but does Coventry accept 2nd year transfer students?

I had a friend in first year who failed his second year at another uni and redid it at Coventry, so I'm assuming they do :smile:
Original post by sophiekatina

Yeah they do, ive applied to transfer myself because Coventry is my home town.
If you email the admissions they should get back to you in a few days, however calling them is much quicker! The number should be on the website, and just enquire there :smile:
Reply 10
Hey there!

I was wondering what are your personal opinions about the university and the city? :smile:

Reply 11
Original post by K_12
Hey there!

I was wondering what are your personal opinions about the university and the city? :smile:

I like the way it's all set out. At first, Coventry seems massive, but really everything is within walking distance so it's all useful :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by syrettd
I like the way it's all set out. At first, Coventry seems massive, but really everything is within walking distance so it's all useful :smile:

Thank you :smile: is it a safe city? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by K_12
Thank you :smile: is it a safe city? :smile:

Yes and no. It's got its bad areas, just like everywhere else. An average city, really. Unless you're from a massively safe area, there's no reason to act more or less carefully than you would anywhere else.
Reply 14
Original post by syrettd
Yes and no. It's got its bad areas, just like everywhere else. An average city, really. Unless you're from a massively safe area, there's no reason to act more or less carefully than you would anywhere else.

thank you your amazing! :smile: :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by K_12
thank you your amazing! :smile: :smile:

No problem :smile:. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Reply 16
Original post by syrettd
No problem :smile:. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Will do :smile: thank you :smile:
Reply 17
hello.. i have a question. do people usually party in halls? because i'm someone who needs quietness and peace sometimes, but would love to meet people as well.
Reply 18
Original post by drumma
hello.. i have a question. do people usually party in halls? because i'm someone who needs quietness and peace sometimes, but would love to meet people as well.

Go to one of the accomodations that's in flats instead of halls then. Singer Hall instead of Priory Hall, because in Priory you have people who have been out walking past your room and yelling. There might still be parties in flats, but it depends on your flatmates. It's part of uni life, so it may be unavoidable.
Reply 19
Original post by syrettd
Go to one of the accomodations that's in flats instead of halls then. Singer Hall instead of Priory Hall, because in Priory you have people who have been out walking past your room and yelling. There might still be parties in flats, but it depends on your flatmates. It's part of uni life, so it may be unavoidable.

thanks for the replies.. i don't mind the occasional parties.. and i would actually like to be in one of these buildings to meet people since i'm going to be on erasmus! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest