Is this for student finance? I think I put June for that :smile:

yerr its for student finance haha. wait so 06/2017? :smile:

by the way im thinking of putting opal court as my first choice! :smile:
Reply 4041
Original post by aqua05
nope have you ?

sorry buddy no i havent :s-smilie:
Original post by Jenniferann232
Yep I've firmed bham :biggrin: my doctors won't do tb either :/ so it means that my parents will have to drive me to a place I've never even heard of to some snooty private hospital to get my tb jab done, which will cost £90, so in total jabs will cost me £180!! And that doesn't even include blood tests AND the uni gets funding to do it for free, so why on earth don't they? Bham don't put u on clinic for ages too. Arrg, makes me annoyed.

I think I might leave my immunisations for a few weeks until I decide where I am going, as the other uni's seem to have the view that they'll sort it when you go.

If they get funding for it, then they should carry out the immunisations, especially as they are expensive.
what is the deadline date for student finance this year? is it may? but what date
Newcastle are officially taking the piss. 2 weeks ago I called and they said next week. Then last week I called again and they said this week. Now this week is over and I still haven't heard :frown: anyone else still waiting for Newcastle?
Original post by fishfingers:)
what is the deadline date for student finance this year? is it may? but what date

I think it is the 31st May, don't quote me on it though.
Reply 4046
Original post by Barracloug1
Newcastle are officially taking the piss. 2 weeks ago I called and they said next week. Then last week I called again and they said this week. Now this week is over and I still haven't heard :frown: anyone else still waiting for Newcastle?

I'm in exactly the same position and I can't get it out of my mind. I've tried ringing and no one answers, I've sent lots of emails and they all get ignored. It's absolutely ridiculous. We were told the end of march they should have stuck to that!
Reply 4047
Original post by Barracloug1

Original post by alexxa.s
I'm in exactly the same position and I can't get it out of my mind. I've tried ringing and no one answers, I've sent lots of emails and they all get ignored. It's absolutely ridiculous. We were told the end of march they should have stuck to that!

I know how it feeels... i haven't heard from manchester... its like my top choice.. however i have one offer so im happy... but i'm just afraid that if they delay too much & i just end up getting a rejection then my choice of accommodation will be unavailable... you know what i meaaan....
Manchester should really sit down & give out the answers to everyone...
Reply 4048
Original post by racheatworld
I think it is the 31st May, don't quote me on it though.

Yep it is 31st may :smile:
Original post by alexxa.s

Yeah ive called twice now and the second time she was like "oh you've already called" so now I'm scared to call again! This is now like torture!
Reply 4050
so... kings or leeds? aaaaaaaaaaaaah
Reply 4051
Original post by addvic

Leeds.

Edit: 4 people got rejected from Leeds. :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4052
Original post by lego*box
Leeds.

King's :wink: Its got the prestige and awesome location :P

Anyways its all an opinion, they're all really good :smile:
Original post by addvic

Leeds. Both are equal in facilities, course structure (ie: both traditional lectures, not PBL), in great cities, just the cost of London is putting me off choosing Kings myself.
Reply 4054
Original post by DH3498
King's :wink: Its got the prestige and awesome location :P

Anyways its all an opinion, they're all really good :smile:

The university overall has prestige, yes, and an awesome location :biggrin: but the dental school isn't as great as it's made out to be. But it's still good and I'll be applying to both Leeds and King's. :smile:

You can do pretty much everything in Leeds that you'd want to do in London at a fraction of the cost.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4055
The university overall has prestige, yes, and an awesome location :biggrin: but the dental school isn't as great as it's made out to be. But it's still good and I'll be applying to both Leeds and King's. :smile:

You can do pretty much everything in Leeds that you'd want to do in London at a fraction of the cost.

Much of Kings' prestige comes from its heritage in the Medical field (both Medicine and Dentistry) so the Dental Institute must be good :L Also when you speak to many Dentists, they say King's has the best resources/facilities - and to be honest, they've been through the process so they probably have a better idea than us :L

Like you said, it had its negative - mainly the cost. But London will be so awesome!

"Edit: 2 people got rejected from Leeds. :lol:" isn't true. More people get rejected from King's than Leeds. I wouldn't laugh at people getting rejected just because you got negged. That's pretty low. I'm sure you'll be fine though :biggrin: Good luck! If you got any questions, feel free :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4056
Original post by DH3498
Much of Kings' prestige comes from its heritage in the Medical field (both Medicine and Dentistry) so the Dental Institute must be good :L Also when you speak to many Dentists, they say King's has the best resources/facilities - and to be honest, they've been through the process so they probably have a better idea than us :L

Like you said, it had its negative - mainly the cost. But London will be so awesome!

Just out of interest, how old were the dentists that you've spoken to that have told you that KCL is the best? I find the ones 30+ years tend to assume that KCL is the best because back then it was in terms of prestige and facilities etc.

However in the last 10 years, ALOT of dental schools have refurbished their clinics, changed/updated their curriculums and are basically on par, if not better, than KCL. But then who are we to argue. :colone:

Like you said before, the university you graduate from doesn't affect your chances of getting a job in the field of Dentistry. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4057
Original post by DH3498

"Edit: 2 people got rejected from Leeds. :lol:" isn't true. More people get rejected from King's than Leeds. I wouldn't laugh at people getting rejected just because you got negged. That's pretty low. I'm sure you'll be fine though :biggrin: Good luck! If you got any questions, feel free :smile:

For 2012 entry:

Leeds received approx 1400 applications for 81 places. They interviewed 400. They give out approx 120 offers post-interview.
~ 71% get rejected pre-interview.

Kings received 985 applications for 128 places. They interviewed 300. I'm unsure how many offers they give out post-interview.
~70% get rejected pre-interview.

More people would have got rejected from Leeds in total pre- and post- interview.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4058
Original post by DH3498

I'm laughing at the people for negging me for recommending Leeds, not because they got rejected from Leeds.
For 2012 entry:

Leeds received approx 1400 applications for 81 places. They interviewed 400. They give out approx 120 offers post-interview.
~ 71% get rejected pre-interview.

Kings received 985 applications for 128 places. They interviewed 300. I'm unsure how many offers they give out post-interview.
~70% get rejected pre-interview.

More people would have got rejected from Leeds in total pre- and post- interview.

Kings give approx 165 offers for the 5-year course post-interview.

Quick Reply

Latest