The Student Room Group

PGCE primary interviews- written task

Hi,

I have applied for 2012 entry and don't want to get stumped by this part of the interview process. I really want to get on the course this time so want to be as prepared as you can be when you don't know what this part might involve. I have heard there have been questions like:

"What can you learn about learning and teaching from talking to a child?"

and

"Education is important. Discuss"

What answers would you give to questions like these??? What sort of answers are the uni's looking for? Any help would be appreciated, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
L.K
OP
Hi,

I have applied for 2012 entry and don't want to get stumped by this part of the interview process. I really want to get on the course this time so want to be as prepared as you can be when you don't know what this part might involve. I have heard there have been questions like:

"What can you learn about learning and teaching from talking to a child?"

and

"Education is important. Discuss"

What answers would you give to questions like these??? What sort of answers are the uni's looking for? Any help would be appreciated, thanks :smile:
Reflect on your experiences on placement, make it personal, this is key. In regards to the second one I would mention current educational issues. This will show you have a sound knowledge of the education system. Good Luck. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Mr. Approachable

Reflect on your experiences on placement, make it personal, this is key. In regards to the second one I would mention current educational issues. This will show you have a sound knowledge of the education system. Good Luck. :smile:

Hi Mr Approachable

What educational topics would be good to discuss though?

Any recent ones. Take a look at the TES online. Its the most up to date and covers everything you need
Reply 5

Any recent ones. Take a look at the TES online. Its the most up to date and covers everything you need

I have done and there is SO much going on. I thought maybe discussing chn not having a book and the impacts this can have on literacy development and literacy levels in schools.

OR

The low number of male teachers in schools and the affects this can have on boy pupils literacy development

OR

The TICKELL REVIEW and how Dame Clare Tickell wants a curriculum that is highlights the importance of skills chn need when starting school and a curriculum that is accessible to parents as well. Similarly she proposes to slim down the early years profiles to make the transition between fs and ks1 better and finally she wants to introduce a check between 2 and 2 and half years in chn to prevent any needs going unseen

Which one would you suggest? PLEASE help as it is 2mro and i am clueless!
Original post by neelab
I have done and there is SO much going on. I thought maybe discussing chn not having a book and the impacts this can have on literacy development and literacy levels in schools.

OR

The low number of male teachers in schools and the affects this can have on boy pupils literacy development

OR

The TICKELL REVIEW and how Dame Clare Tickell wants a curriculum that is highlights the importance of skills chn need when starting school and a curriculum that is accessible to parents as well. Similarly she proposes to slim down the early years profiles to make the transition between fs and ks1 better and finally she wants to introduce a check between 2 and 2 and half years in chn to prevent any needs going unseen

Which one would you suggest? PLEASE help as it is 2mro and i am clueless!

I would suggest the Tickle review as that seems the most relevant. However, don't forget that the new government has archived the national curriculum. Look this up as this is a major issue each training provider is having at the moment. It wouldn't surprise me if they asked you about this.
Reply 7

I would suggest the Tickle review as that seems the most relevant. However, don't forget that the new government has archived the national curriculum. Look this up as this is a major issue each training provider is having at the moment. It wouldn't surprise me if they asked you about this.

Thanks alot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending