The Student Room Group

Is £485 to much for (beautiful) shoes?

Scroll to see replies

You have got to be joking right...fair enough if they looked nice but £485 for some dolly shoes? WTF I could buy a similar pair for less than a fiver. In all honesty I wouldn't even buy them if they were £5. They must be gold plated or something to be that price.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by Rascacielos
A student loan isn't free money to spend as you will, you know - the point is to spend it on accommodation and food, not shoes!!

There's no rule what you can spend it on! Most of mine is in savings :erm:

Although yes, those shoes are a ridiculous price.
Not for those shoes. Things like boots and special heels yes, but those look far too ordinary to be so expensive
They look like Granny slippers...
The most I've ever spent on shoes is £30. Honestly. And they're HOT.
Original post by Bill_Gates

get a pair of these £2 at asda.

They are different, plus they are indoor shoes.
Yes.

£485 is an insane amount to spend on shoes, esspecially boring cat pumps.

You could go on a weeks holiday for that money, feed a hungry child for a year, or keep it to pay off your student loan.
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
You do realise your student loan is what it says it is - a loan. Meaning you have to pay it back. It's not designed to be used like this.

£485 on a pair of shoes is ridiculous. The only reason you're buying them is probably because you want to show them off to your friends/feel more accepted by your friendship group because you're insecure.

I have no sympathy for people who spend money on ridiculous stuff like this, then complain somewhere down the line "waaaaaah I don't have any money :cry:"

I do apologise, let me clarify, it's a grant and it's not my sole source of income.

'The only reason you're buying them is probably because you want to show them off to your friends/feel more accepted by your friendship group because you're insecure.'

^I find what you say hilarious, you spoke from personal experience I'm sure.
No the reason why I considered buying them, was because I like them.

If I wouldn't have the money after buying these then I obviously wouldn't consider buying them!
OMG WOMEN,

YOU COULD BUY 12 £40 DRESSES forget 1 pait of shoes.
Erm, primark?
Reply 70
Yes.
Reply 71
Original post by rozca
I doubt id chose to buy those even if it was a fiver! Difference of taste..

But if it your own hard earnt money, do as you please. I personally definitely would not but if you've slaved away to earn that £485, its your right how you spend it - OH wait, its not your money, its MINE* - in the form of your loan!

(* and every taxpayers')

Original post by merryhappy
Don't patronise me. Understand wealth redistribution - IT'S MY MONEY MUHAHAHAHA.

ok then, how about this dress with it, i think itd look really good together:smile:

http://www.asos.com/Whistles/Whistles-Feather-Hem-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1679396&cid=8799&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=2&clr=Black
Original post by Bowman.Hath
Are you insane woman !?!

I can see you having this conversation with your wife in a few years. Welcome to the world lad lol Women are irrational (i.e. do not try logic like " you could buy x number of these shoes from shop y")...no point arguing anyway, any bargaining with women and you will lose or they will blackmail you. Just make sure you get something out of it when you concede :tongue:
Reply 73
Far too much.
Reply 74
Original post by merryhappy
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of designer labels, the latest trends and all that malarkey.

I do however adore these shoes:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/171973?cm_mmc=FashionFix-_-Product-_-CharlotteOlympia-_-171973&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-MDG7gpbo1uV3ng4_Irgjvg

I can afford it (thanks to student loan) but I don't know if I can justify spending that type of money when that could buy 50 shoeless homeless people a pair of shoes and so on.

I would not buy from a company that thinks 10mm=0.5 inches, they probably won't fit very well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 75
They're adorable but I'd be looking for £5 knock-offs tbh...
Original post by silent ninja
I can see you having this conversation with your wife in a few years. Welcome to the world lad lol Women are irrational (i.e. do not try logic like " you could buy x number of these shoes from shop y")...no point arguing anyway, any bargaining with women and you will lose or they will blackmail you. Just make sure you get something out of it when you concede :tongue:

Thats the effect I was going for. what is it with women and shoes....
a) They're hideous
b) If you do buy them, you have more money than sense (and taste)
Original post by Lil Piranha
If you have the money to spare, go for it.

But those shoes are pretty damn hideous. You could get some classic Louboutins for over £100 less.

Yeah. Why spend that much cash on something that looks like a buy from Topshop?
Original post by Bowman.Hath
Thats the effect I was going for. what is it with women and shoes....

...and handbags.

Quick Reply

Latest