The Student Room Group

Funding cuts

I recently attended the antiwar mass assembly in Trafalgar Square on October 8th. It was a most informative, and enjoyable day, but a particular piece of information really registered and stuck. Did you know the UK currently spend 12 million pounds per day fighting the war in Afghanistan. Let me say that again. Now bear in mind this is only Afghanistan I`m referring to. 12 million pounds per day to wage a war that endangers British lives for the sake of oil and opium. When did you hear that Afghanistan attacked your country? No, me either. As a side note, a recent poll resulted in 71% of the UK populace wanting an end to this war, yet our administration persists.

Add to that, we are now actively involved in the annexing of LIbya under the umbrella that is NATO. The rebel force in Libya enjoying our support by the way are pro AL Qaeda, and also committing genocide against black africans. Please, I urge you. Don`t believe a word I say. Do your own research, as I have, and share what you find with all that give a crap.

We are actively supporting the use of unmanned drones in Yemen, Somalia, Libya, Iraq. We are also backing CIA mischief making in Syria, and also ready for Israel to begin attacking Iran upon the basis of a flawed, and denounced failed FBI/CIA fake assassination plot against a Saudi diplomat. This is what the UK taxes are being spent on, as our national debt continues to rise.

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

All of this death and expense whilst our own country pleads poverty, and continues to make deep cuts to funding for our health/future is frankly (in my humble opinion), not only a breach of human rights across the regions of this world, but closer to home, destroying the futures of a great many young people.

I`m not here to pretend I`m a student. I haven`t registered as such. I am a parent, and an extremely well informed and worried parent.

I urge all you guys out there that care for something bigger than yourself to seek your own answers. Think for yourself, and act appropriately. Share your souls with each other, because you will find, as I have, that you are a million miles from being alone.

No doubt, you are all aware of stuff like occupy Wall St etc going on around your world right now. I ask you one and all. Trust your hearts and souls. Be decent human beings, and stand up for not only your rights, but also the rights of your brothers and sisters around this world.

History is knocking. Please don`t be late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending