The Student Room Group

Work experience and UCAS

I will be applying to study radiography at various universities, most of which cite experience in a radiography department as a requirement. I have arranged the work experience, however, it isn't until the 20th of December and beyond. I would like to include the experience as something to write about in my personal statement, however, I wouldn't be able to send it off until the beginning of January.

Am I better off sending my application sooner so that it's out of the way before exams and just mention that I will be doing the placement, or wait until after I've done it and write more about it?
Original post by Cocklebur
I will be applying to study radiography at various universities, most of which cite experience in a radiography department as a requirement. I have arranged the work experience, however, it isn't until the 20th of December and beyond. I would like to include the experience as something to write about in my personal statement, however, I wouldn't be able to send it off until the beginning of January.

Am I better off sending my application sooner so that it's out of the way before exams and just mention that I will be doing the placement, or wait until after I've done it and write more about it?

As long as you send your application off before the deadline it won't make a difference on your chances of getting accepted by universities and it will look good if you can demonstrate that you have already had experience in a radiography department. However, if you feel it will cause stress or impact on your exams then just get it sent and done with a say you have some work experience lined up :smile:

If I were you I'd wait and then write about your experiences but it's entriely your choice :smile:
Reply 2
i would suggest sending it now but including that you have set up work experience for a certain date, explain what you will be doing etc :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest