The Student Room Group

Northampton Student Stamped To Death In 'Crush' At Student Rave Club Night This

This is sooo sad.

One young woman has died and two others were critically injured following a crush inside a town centre nightclub in the early hours of this morning.

Nabila Nanfuka, from Neasden in North London, was believed to have been trampled to death in a 'stampede' as clubbers tried to leave the venue, it was claimed.

The 22-year-old Northampton University student, who was studying leisure and tourism, died after a crush inside the Lava and Ignite club in Northampton.

Two other women - who have not been identified - remain in a critical condition at Northampton General Hospital.

An eye-witness claimed Miss Nanfuka was killed during a 'stampede' in the overcrowded club as revellers rushed for the exit.

James Adetula was in the Lava and Ignite club when the tragedy happened.

The 21-year-old, from London, said an announcement signalling the end of the night forced clubbers towards the exits.

He said: 'It was 'everybody the coaches are leaving, make your way to the exits' so everyone went for the exits. Then next minute the fire alarm went off and everyone started panicking.

'There was more than how many was supposed to be in there, it reached over-capacity. There was obviously a stampede of people in there when the fire alarm went off.'

Mr Adetula said he only found out this morning that Miss Nanfuka, who was a friend of his and who, according to him, was in her third year of a degree, was killed during the crush of people.

Describing her, he said: 'My heart is not settled because the person who passed away was a dear friend.

'She was a good girl, a really good girl. She wasn't a trouble-maker.'

He said: 'It was a normal event, like a club night, obviously it just ended not the way everyone expected it to end.'

Northamptonshire Police said two other women were critically injured and are being treated in Northampton General Hospital after sustaining suspected crush injuries.

These comments made me tear up a little :frown: :

I bought a ticket for this event but couldn't go, my friend was there she said when the people were rushing out Nabila tripped on the stairs and rather than anyone helping her up when she was screaming for hellp they just kept walking over her and continued tamping their way out ON TOP OF HER, they saw her lying on the stairs but couldn't be asked to help her up , about 300 people simply walked on top of her and didn't help her up Not one of them thought to help her up . I feel so sorry for Nabila, she was crying for help but not one person thought to help her up, it's awful to imagine she knew she was going to die and noone helped her I shed a tear thinking of what her last thoughts were RIP Doll xxxxxx

R.I.P Nabila, you took me under your wing when I was just a young unknown girl being bullied constantly, you helped me gain confidence and grow as a person. Life could give you nothing, but you had everything to offer life. such a big heart and soul you'll always be remembered in our hearts and in mine as the girl who made me who i am today!

Why on earth did nobody help this poor girl! People must've seen her being trampled on and surely would've felt there was a soft thing underneath their feet that quite obviously wasn't the floor! My condolences to her family, this should never have happened. It won't ever happen but all the people who ignored the girl should be punished.

Source : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2050789/Lava--Ignite-Northampton-nightclub-crush-1-woman-dead-2-critically-injured.html

Scroll to see replies

Just heard about this on Central News! It's sad that a fun night out should end in such sad circumstances.
jesus i would not want to be the person who set off that fire alarm.
This is really sad :frown:
Reply 4
The law needs to get tough with club owners who are intent on packing as many people as they can in a small space without any regards to the rules. Safety regulations are there for a reason :frown:
Reply 5
Tragic news :frown:

R.I.P
Oh yeah, I just found out about that earlier on Facebook because one of my friends goes to her uni and I saw her like the girl's RIP page. Really awful how such a preventable tragedy happens and it's cost the life of someone so young and promising :rip:
Reply 7
Poor girl, that is a horrible way to go.

But Jesus Christ....look at the picture of the crowd.

Is that England!?
Original post by MonkeyNews
Poor girl, that is a horrible way to go.

But Jesus Christ....look at the picture of the crowd.

Is that England!?

I read this comment, then went looking for the picture. Then LOL'd.

RIP to the girl, though.
Reply 9
idiots and retards i hope all the people who left her fail their degrees
Reply 10
Was this rave in downtown Lagos ?
Reply 11
Unfortunately that's what we are all thinking when we look at the victim of this stampede. A lot of people who don't care about anyone or anything but their trainers and mobile phone. If you're down on the floor they'll step on you. No discipline.
Reply 12
I can't even comprehend how inhumane this is. Out of all these animals who walked over her no one noticed that she's in trouble!?!.. That's just messed up. For someone to die over something as stupid as this is really sad. I will pay my respects and will bring some flowers tomorrow and encourage everyone to do so. Rest in peace girl. You won't be forgotten. x
Original post by Teknik
Was this rave in downtown Lagos ?

There were white people there, so if you're trying to insinuate otherwise, that failed quite badly.
Reply 14
Original post by Mendeleev's Table
There were white people there, so if you're trying to insinuate otherwise, that failed quite badly.

I can hardly see any white people. It looks more like down town lagos.
That's very bitter and tragic to digest
I only live like 5 mins away from Neasden as well
Reply 17
Lots of my friends live in Northampton, and go nights out there, I was dreading opening this thread incase I'd lost someone close :frown:

I never heard of her, but it in no way makes it any less of a tragedy, her friends and family have my thoughts
Why is there only like 1 or 2 white people in that picture.. i mean, i can honestly say i have never seen that many black people in one place in the u.k.. odd.
Original post by Teknik
I can hardly see any white people. It looks more like down town lagos.

Fair portion of asian and white people by my eye.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending