Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by tom28
I got a letter saying that I had been recommended to receive an offer by the admissions office. Was a bit of a confusing letter really :tongue:

Well Done Mate!!
When did you send yours off?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 241
Original post by James927
Well Done Mate!!
When did you send yours off?

UCAS received it on the 4th of October. And thanks :smile:
offer from lancasterrrr for psychology:biggrin:
Reply 243
Hey, I'm applying for Maths at Lancaster as well :smile: Its my top choice definitely. Do you know if anyone has got an offer from Lancaster yet for Maths ??

Go maths applicants! :biggrin: No I haven't heard of anyone yet... I sent my application on 5th October and Lancaster is the only one I haven't heard from in some way. Have you applied for the straight maths course?
Hey, I'm applying for Maths at Lancaster as well :smile: Its my top choice definitely. Do you know if anyone has got an offer from Lancaster yet for Maths ??

Hey!
I've applied for Mathematics too, it'll be my top choice too if I get an offer!
So excited to hear back from them. Did you go to the open day in September? :smile:
Original post by tom28
I got a letter saying that I had been recommended to receive an offer by the admissions office. Was a bit of a confusing letter really :tongue:

Wow, exciting! I'm hoping for a similar letter soon. Has track updated yet?
:smile:
Reply 246
Original post by rachaelizabeth
Wow, exciting! I'm hoping for a similar letter soon. Has track updated yet?
:smile:

Nope, they said they have a large amount of applicants so it may take a while.
Original post by jacksonriddle
sent my app on weds and no acknowledgement email from lancaster! how long did it take everyone to get theirs?

Original post by AJCSShp
I sent mine on wednesday too, and I haven't got an acknowledgment either. Maybe Lancaster don't send acknowledgments? :redface:

Original post by StitchMad
I sent my application on the 18th October and haven't received an acknowledgement - don't worry! :smile:

Got my offer yesterday. Sent my app on 14th Oct. Didn't at any point receive an acknowledgement. I wouldn't expect one if I were you guys.

Good luck.
Original post by admbeatmaker
Got my offer yesterday. Sent my app on 14th Oct. Didn't at any point receive an acknowledgement. I wouldn't expect one if I were you guys.

Good luck.

yay thanks for letting us know!
ah i guess i won't worry about that, just waiting for offers (or rejections) now!
Reply 249
Got a letter yestoday saying that i have an informal interview for Biomedicine. Has anyone else received this, and also, by informal interview, would you say i have to wear a suit/smart wear, or just my normal everyday clothes?

Reply 250
Original post by BigWilfo
Got a letter yestoday saying that i have an informal interview for Biomedicine. Has anyone else received this, and also, by informal interview, would you say i have to wear a suit/smart wear, or just my normal everyday clothes?

I don't have any experience, but I would dress appropiately. I would probably go for dark proper jeans (not ripped) and shirt/tie. It seems the safest I think, it's not over the board like if someone showed up in tuxedo, but it shows that you made the effort and wants to look good.
Original post by Hananabanana

Original post by Hananabanana
No it's not actually. I have applied for Durham, St Andrews, York, Lancaster and Edinburgh. Faves are Durham and York. Where have you applied? :redface:)

Awesome! My sister is at Durham, it's fantastic :biggrin:
Lancaster, Nottingham, Sheffield, Essex and Stirling :smile: had offers from the first three, but reckon Lancaster will be my firm!
I applied for physics with a year abroad, is any one else doing this course :smile:? And if you apply for the year abroad, overall does a reply take longer than without abroad :smile:? Thankyou! And good luck to everyone applying!
Original post by pacni
Go maths applicants! :biggrin: No I haven't heard of anyone yet... I sent my application on 5th October and Lancaster is the only one I haven't heard from in some way. Have you applied for the straight maths course?

snap about not hearing from them - they're the only uni i haven't heard from and they're the one i want to go to the most, aah
Reply 254
Original post by rachaelizabeth
Hey!
I've applied for Mathematics too, it'll be my top choice too if I get an offer!
So excited to hear back from them. Did you go to the open day in September? :smile:

Yah i did :smile: i thought it was sick :biggrin: and the maths department building was freaking awesome
Reply 255
Original post by pacni

yeah, im applying for straight maths, it seems like the best choice for me :smile:
Reply 256
Applying for Media :smile:
Taking a gap year though, so if I get in I wont be seeing many of you!
Good luck guys
Yah i did :smile: i thought it was sick :biggrin: and the maths department building was freaking awesome

Me too! Loved the accomodation as well, especially the townhouses :smile:
I check my e-mails and post every day to see if I've got a Lancaster offer yet!
:')
History! :smile:
Reply 259
Film and philosophy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending