The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else heard back for Economics//Economics study abroad recently? ;( sent mine off last Tuesday (yes, still early ages right now) but im just so eager to hear from them!! :')
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 301
Original post by tom28
Maths offer was put on Track at last. AAB with A in Maths :smile:

Did you get the letter first? If you did, when?
Reply 302
I kind of got an offer today. I got a letter saying that the admissions tutor has "recommended that we offer you a conditional place" and that I will "receive official confirmation of this from UCAS in due course". One minute it's a recommendation, but then she's saying I'll receive confirmation? :P

Either way, I'm happy! :smile:
Reply 303
Original post by StitchMad
I kind of got an offer today. I got a letter saying that the admissions tutor has "recommended that we offer you a conditional place" and that I will "receive official confirmation of this from UCAS in due course". One minute it's a recommendation, but then she's saying I'll receive confirmation? :P

Either way, I'm happy! :smile:

me too!!...i'm taking it as a definite offer as I have to book a place on an applicant visit day!
Offer for maths -- AB :biggrin: :woo:
Reply 305
Original post by boocat
me too!!...i'm taking it as a definite offer as I have to book a place on an applicant visit day!

Yeah that's true I guess, I just didn't want to get my hopes up until it's official on UCAS.. haha! :tongue: Hopefully not too long until it updates.
Reply 306
My UCAS updated today with my offer for English Language and Literature - AAB with an A in Lit. :biggrin: So happy with it, I thought it'd be AAA! :biggrin:
Astrophysics!
Reply 308
Yeah that's true I guess, I just didn't want to get my hopes up until it's official on UCAS.. haha! :tongue: Hopefully not too long until it updates.

My Offers from UEA and Hull were all like this (in a letter) and I had to wait about a week for track to update...it's annoying 'cos I want to know what the offer is!!
Reply 309
Original post by Nadindi
My UCAS updated today with my offer for English Language and Literature - AAB with an A in Lit. :biggrin: So happy with it, I thought it'd be AAA! :biggrin:

oooo that's good news! I've applied for English Language so I'll hope for equally good news, although I highly doubt it! :tongue:

Good luck!
Reply 310
oooo that's good news! I've applied for English Language so I'll hope for equally good news, although I highly doubt it! :tongue:

Good luck!

Thank you! I was originally going to apply for just language, but realised I love Lit far too much as well. ^^;

Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 311
I had my interview for Biomedical Sciences yestoday, i was just wondering if anyone knew how long Lancaster typically take getting back to people after the interview, because i'm sure i read somewhere that offers would be given out immediately after the interview. Thanks :smile:
Original post by blondie :)
I've just found out that Lancaster want AAB... I'm going to have to work so hard to get that :frown: Best of luck to you too! :biggrin:

Omg why are they raising their requirements from what it says in the prospectus?! Your course should be ABB right? :confused:
Honestly though, I know I'm not a student there but from just spending weekends there it is amazing, work hard and hopefully it will pay off!
Thank you! :smile:
Reply 313
Original post by pacni
Did you get the letter first? If you did, when?

I got the letter around a week ago.
Reply 314
Original post by Nadindi
Thank you! I was originally going to apply for just language, but realised I love Lit far too much as well. ^^;

Where else have you applied? :smile:

Ha, I did both AS English Language and English Literature last year but found myself dreading each Literature lesson. I was pretty much getting Cs all throughout the year which was quite painful when I was doing relatively well everywhere else. I ended up getting an A in the exam (somehow!) and a C in the coursework though, so at least I got a B out of it on results day. Thankfully, I managed to get As in the three I've continued to A2 so let's hope I can match my predictions of A*AAAB!

I've applied to Lancaster, Leeds, Newcastle Birmingham and Sussex. I've received offers from the latter three, and I got the "you have been reccommended" letter from Lancaster today. Can't wait! :tongue:

How about you?
Reply 315
Original post by tom28
I got the letter around a week ago.

Ahhh okay, thanks! Congrats on your offer btw :smile:
Reply 316
Original post by dr.phalange
Omg why are they raising their requirements from what it says in the prospectus?! Your course should be ABB right? :confused:
Honestly though, I know I'm not a student there but from just spending weekends there it is amazing, work hard and hopefully it will pay off!
Thank you! :smile:

I've just been reading and it's happening to a few people... :eek: my Mom said it might be to push people they think they could do better, but I dunno really :tongue: Yeah it should, thank god for my politics resit in Jan or I won't have a chance! :biggrin: I'll just have to see when the results come out in March!
Reply 317
Original post by The.Night.Watch.Woman
Just heard back from Lancaster! :biggrin: I want to study English Literature and Religious Studies, was expecting AAB - HOWEVER conditional offer has come back at AAA! It is my first choice - will not be easily achieved though... So much hard work to be put in from now on....

This has happened to me as well! :eek:
Original post by ellie.james
Ive got a letter in the post saying ive got an offer!!! but i cant log in to track to see it :frown: Hopefully your offer will be there soon!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OMG.
When did you send your application off?
I've seen a few others with similar letters, I'm so jealous / excited / scared / I WANT ONE hahahaha!
Well done btw!
Original post by blondie :)
I've just been reading and it's happening to a few people... :eek: my Mom said it might be to push people they think they could do better, but I dunno really :tongue: Yeah it should, thank god for my politics resit in Jan or I won't have a chance! :biggrin: I'll just have to see when the results come out in March!

Maybe your Mum is right, or maybe the competition is tough (again!) :redface: I think if you did get ABB though they would still give you a place come August - so many of my friends got in with a grade lower than their offer!
Good luck and work hard! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending