The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

got an offer from lancaster today for ppe but i never received any acknowledgement of my application..
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Got an offer today-I sent in my application on the 13th October
Reply 42
Original post by sassy170194
Got an offer today-I sent in my application on the 13th October

What subject did you apply for?
Reply 43
Computer Science :biggrin: :biggrin: Spent months contemplating whether to go for Law instead but finally came to a conclusion :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Magickal
I've applied for Biology with Study Abroad :biggrin: Depending on the other offers I get, Lancaster will either be my firm or almost definitely my insurance.

Wahey, biology with study abroad people! I've just started that course myself. :smile:
There seems to be a lot of biology type people on this thread, I don't think I ever actually saw anyone doing my course on here last year.
Reply 45
I'd quite like an offer right now. Applied on October 12th for Politics with Study Abroad. It's my highest entry requirement at AAA, but it's my second choice.

Anyone have an offer from the Politics department already? If so, how long did it take?
I want an offer!!!! so scared I won't, so many people already have !

sorry going a bit crazy here :colondollar:
Reply 47
Original post by Jennaaay
Wahey, biology with study abroad people! I've just started that course myself. :smile:
There seems to be a lot of biology type people on this thread, I don't think I ever actually saw anyone doing my course on here last year.

How long did it take you to get an offer?
Reply 48
Original post by Magickal
How long did it take you to get an offer?

Hmm let me think....

Well I think I sent my application in December (not entirely sure on that :tongue:).
Then because you're on a study abroad scheme, you have to book yourself on an 'informal interview'/open day thing.

By the time I went to book that, all the early dates had gone, so I was stuck with one in about 3 months time. I got the offer a few days after that I think.

So it was definitely my latest offer by a mile just because of that. I remember there being exactly 3 months between my 4th offer then my final lancaster one.
But if you've already applied, then your wait for interview thing shouldn't be as long as mine was because you won't end up with just picking the dates that are left.

Good luck. :smile:
(P.S I'd recommend it, I'm enjoying it so far)
Reply 49
I still haven't sent my application yet! I just really really want an offer from them because I know I can meet it!
Reply 50
Original post by Milky Milk

I didn't receive any acknowledgement.

Thanks for the info :smile:
I applied for Natural Sciences
Reply 52
Applying for Economics. I can't decide between the normal course or the Study Abroad course though :')
Hi! (: I applied for Geography and received an offer^^, so I'd say they were pretty quick! I applied about 3 weeks ago? They seem really friendly too but they didn't give me an acknowledgement.
Is anyone going to one of the Open Days?
21Grapes, I just saw you on a different thread, we seem to be visiting all the same ones :redface:
Reply 54
3 weeks? That is quick!!
Which college is accommodation college is everyone hoping for? =)
Reply 55
PPE, got my AAB offer a couple days ago :biggrin:
Original post by 21Grapes
3 weeks? That is quick!!
Which college is accommodation college is everyone hoping for? =)

Yeh ikr! :smile: and uhmm, I didn't even realise that you didn't get to choose your college until I applied and wanted to go to Grizedale College. V.V
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by H94
PPE, got my AAB offer a couple days ago :biggrin:

Congrats :smile: How long did it take for the offer to come through?
Reply 58
Original post by 21Grapes
Congrats :smile: How long did it take for the offer to come through?

About 3 weeks I think? My school makes Oxbridge applicants apply on the same deadline as Medics.
Reply 59
I got my offer five days ago for law, but the university didn't send me anything before giving me the conditional offer.
I've been wondering whether or not they will send me some kind of invitation or welcome letters later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending