Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by k9markiii
I'm in Furness. I think the best colleges are Furness or County.

This year Furness is the only one not to have a bar but that means we get a brand new one next year. Furness doesn't take itself too seriously, except for singing chants very loudly during freshers week, which can be good and bad. It makes for a friendly atmosphere but can be annoying if you actually want to make a big difference to the college as part of the JCR or want to be involved in sporting competitions.

Just to confirm this - We have an election night where all the JCR candidates give speeches. It consisted of beer, inappropriate questions, wine, shouting, beer, games, beer and the odd speech.

Other colleges are much more serious. And more boring.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by BigWilfo
Same offer as me! Congrats :smile: Glad to have another Biologist with an offer, there doesn't seem to be many of us on this thread lol. :smile:

Woo! well done again to you too :smile: yeah i know, i'm suite surprised really! good going for us then haha :smile:
'Nicole:
;35499196']Ohh, St.Andrews is amazing! I was thinking of applying there but Scotland was just too far for me and I thought they'd reject me . lol
Aww oh dear :l, hope you get Edinburgh! :smile:.
I've applied to Warwick and Kings (which I highly doubt I'll get any offers from) as well as Sussex and Queen Mary.

Thanks but it'll be God and good luck that'll get me into Edinburgh. I've been looking at either Furness or Bowland now as Furness is on the cheaper end and incredibly close to the putside subjects I'm considering. Out of curiosity (noseynss) what outside subjects are you considering? I'm going for either Politics, German Philosophy or Sociology but a while to decided upon that!
Original post by indie94
Eeeep I haven't heard of anyone else either! My offer was AAB, I so hope I can get it now. What A-levels have you taken? and where else have you applied? I applied for the Educational Psychology at Edge Hill and I've chose that as my insurance offer :smile:

Merry Christmas to you too!... or should I say Merry Boxing Day :smile:

My offer was AAB too :smile: I did AS Eng Lit, and I carried Psychology, Sociology and Eng Lang on to A2 - how about you?
The other places I applied were just plain Psychology, but I went for Bournemouth as my insurance :smile:
Reply 624
Original post by freshinmymind
My offer was AAB too :smile: I did AS Eng Lit, and I carried Psychology, Sociology and Eng Lang on to A2 - how about you?
The other places I applied were just plain Psychology, but I went for Bournemouth as my insurance :smile:

I did Biology at AS, and I now do Psychology, History and Applied Science :smile: I applied for Educational Psychology at Edge Hill and I've have that as my insurance. The other 3 that I applied to were for plain Psychology. I'm going to seriously work so hard this next year in order to make sure I get the grades to do this uh-may-zing course! :biggrin:
Anyone know what colleges are nearest for the Philosophy department?
Reply 626
Got an offer from Lancaster on Christmas Day! Amazing present as it's my first choice :biggrin:
Original post by lampshade1
Anyone know what colleges are nearest for the Philosophy department?

Furness college is where its located which is central to the campus so by the looks of my map almost every college is close to it apart from Cartmel. Fylde is right next to Furness so that's also incredibly close.
Original post by geordiecoinman
Furness college is where its located which is central to the campus so by the looks of my map almost every college is close to it apart from Cartmel. Fylde is right next to Furness so that's also incredibly close.

do you know which college is nearest to the business department? :smile:
Original post by Superwoman
do you know which college is nearest to the business department? :smile:

Looking at the map in the prospectus and assuming its within the management area Griezdale seems closest although Fylde, Furness and even Bowland and Pendle aren't too far away from it
Hi, I'm Tansy and I've applied for Spanish Studies and English Literature.

Lancaster is my sort of, "it's a uni that I'd love to go to, so I'll apply even if I probably won't get in."

I've also applied to Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds and Aberdeen.
Looking at the map in the prospectus and assuming its within the management area Griezdale seems closest although Fylde, Furness and even Bowland and Pendle aren't too far away from it

I would say fylde would be a good choice in terms of location as you are both close to the department and the centre of the uni for the bus stop, shops, bank and library. There are things other than location to consider though.
Have just withdrawn my UCAS application... such a hard, hard decision.

Feel really quite sad really, but had to go with my heart.

Awesome, thank you :smile:
Reply 634

omgomg. I also did English Literature (and Critical Thinking) last year and I'm carrying on with English Language, Psychology and Sociology (and General Studies + EPQ) this year! You're the first person I've come across that's doing exactly the same as me! :tongue: Good look with your exams! :smile:
Reply 635
Heyy,

I've had an offer for IT for Creative Industries, my 1st choice. Yey! =D

Quick question for everyone, where should we be now? Should we be looking into accommodation? finance?

Cheers
Original post by StitchMad
omgomg. I also did English Literature (and Critical Thinking) last year and I'm carrying on with English Language, Psychology and Sociology (and General Studies + EPQ) this year! You're the first person I've come across that's doing exactly the same as me! :tongue: Good look with your exams! :smile:

Haha this is seriously freaky! :P Good luck with exams - make sure you get in so I can meet my twin in October :wink: haha!
Original post by migy
Heyy,

Quick question for everyone, where should we be now? Should we be looking into accommodation? finance?

Cheers

congrats :smile: start looking at the accommodation types you would like and make a list of about 3 so that you're ready when it comes to applying
Original post by migy
Heyy,

Cheers

You can apply for student finance now. If you list your firm university as your university, you can always change it if circumstances change. :smile:

You can look at the types of accommodation available and the different colleges, but don't panic about that for Lancaster as you usually apply May/June and eventually hear back August/September once your place has been confirmed. :smile:
Reply 639
Haha this is seriously freaky! :P Good luck with exams - make sure you get in so I can meet my twin in October :wink: haha!

What AS grades did you get? What are you predicted? :biggrin: I've just taken a look at my January exam timetable today and I really need to crack on with the revision! :O

Ha, sounds good to me! :wink: I'm pretty sure I'll be firming Lancaster so I hope the grades follow in due course! Good luck to you too. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending