Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanS94
sames XD

Original post by CallumJohn
Put lancaster as my firm :biggrin: doing maths

I plan to firm for Maths, too! Visiting on the 10th of March just to double-confirm that it's the best place for me to go though.

Are you going to any visit days?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 881
hello... Just wondering if anyone else has firmed/planning to firm for history? On the facebook group there is only me and 2 others who hae applied for the course xxx
Original post by Megan_S
hello... Just wondering if anyone else has firmed/planning to firm for history? On the facebook group there is only me and 2 others who hae applied for the course xxx

Don't worry. It tends to be quite a big course. :smile: Plus, in the first year, you'll meet people with other majors as history is quite a popular minor course. :smile:
Reply 883
I have an interview for Biomedical sciences this thursday! Nervous! Can anybody give me any indication of the questions asked? First interview and not too sure how to prepare!
Thanks!
Reply 884
Applied for English Lit, I can't decide between Newcastle and Lancaster. I know Newc obviously has the better night life, but Lanc is regarded as a better uni? And Lanc's accommodation is off the scale!

Anybody else firming Lancaster for English related degrees?
And who else is thinking of County College?

Just a quick question to anybody who's at Lancaster already, with a major in English Lit, would I be able to do first year minors in say English Lang, Law, History or French? Or is Law one of those that you can't minor?
And are you able to carry on minor studies after the first year?

Thanks!
Original post by reedap01
Applied for English Lit, I can't decide between Newcastle and Lancaster. I know Newc obviously has the better night life, but Lanc is regarded as a better uni? And Lanc's accommodation is off the scale!

Anybody else firming Lancaster for English related degrees?
And who else is thinking of County College?

Just a quick question to anybody who's at Lancaster already, with a major in English Lit, would I be able to do first year minors in say English Lang, Law, History or French? Or is Law one of those that you can't minor?
And are you able to carry on minor studies after the first year?

Thanks!

You should definitely be able to minor in History and English Lang. Law used to offer a minor, which was offered on the condition that you couldn't then switch to a Law major - I don't know if that is still the case. :smile: Regarding French, you just need to meet the entry requirements I believe.
You should be able to keep up a minor subject. In arts subjects, often you need 6 of the 8 units to be in your major. That means you can take up to one minor subject module in second and in third year. :smile:
Eg, a friend of mine did a 6:2 split. Two English lit modules and six history.
Eg, I did a 7:1 split. One politics module and seven history. :smile:
Original post by grazie
I'd certainly like to. My only problem with Lancaster, is that it'd be the most expensive place for me to study out of my choices.

I think you've made a great choice.

Yeh it is expensive :/ but its good :smile:
Original post by rachaelizabeth
I plan to firm for Maths, too! Visiting on the 10th of March just to double-confirm that it's the best place for me to go though.

Are you going to any visit days?

I went to one in september which wasn't subject specific, then I went to one in february that was a maths one not going to any more but they definitely made me want to firm. :smile:
Original post by JordanS94
sames XD

Really what are you thinking of doing your minor in, I was thinking computer science
I went to one in september which wasn't subject specific, then I went to one in february that was a maths one not going to any more but they definitely made me want to firm. :smile:

Ah yes, I went to the one in September and am going to the subject specific one next weekend. What was it like? When did they send information out? Because I haven't heard anything yet despite applying for the open day place months ago...
I just firmed for Mathematics G100 :smile:
Reply 891

Yayy! What's your thoughts on colleges and accommodation?

Sweet me too!
Original post by SBarns
Yayy! What's your thoughts on colleges and accommodation?

Thinking either Grizedale / County Townhouses,
Or County Superior Standard with Washbasin.

What about you? :smile:
Sweet me too!

Original post by SBarns
Firmed Lancaster for maths, can't wait until October!

I'm excited, too!
Reply 895
Thinking either Grizedale / County Townhouses,
Or County Superior Standard with Washbasin.

What about you? :smile:

Well I was thinking Pendle standard (non-ensuite), or Furness standard (non-ensuite) - basically the cheapest ones possible. Yeah I was originally intending to go to St Andrews, but went up to the subject open day mid-Feb and it totally convinced me.
Original post by SBarns
Well I was thinking Pendle standard (non-ensuite), or Furness standard (non-ensuite) - basically the cheapest ones possible. Yeah I was originally intending to go to St Andrews, but went up to the subject open day mid-Feb and it totally convinced me.

Did you go to 18th feb?
Original post by SBarns

Ahh cool, where are you from? I live in Birmingham, I'm travelling up to the subject open day on the 10th March. I was going to wait until after this day to firm it, but today in a moment of happy madness I just thought "Ha I'll firm it" and did it. What's your insurance?
Reply 898
Did you go to 18th feb?

Yes I did, were you there too?
What are some thoughts on getting a part time job in Lancaster? In my opinion it seems a bit isolated to land a job in Lancaster? Not that I hate Lancaster since the Campus is great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending