The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanS94
your bloody lucky ¬¬ you don't get decision It's so boring ¬¬ (but easy anyone can do it, well I think so and so do my friends)

Ah right fair enough :tongue: not really heard anything about it but from what you said sounds like a good thing :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 941
History and Philosophy, Insurance choice i think :smile:!
Original post by Sarah6040
I have an interview for Biomedical sciences this thursday! Nervous! Can anybody give me any indication of the questions asked? First interview and not too sure how to prepare!
Thanks!

It's good advice to read through what you wrote on your personal statement as that is usually an easy place to start questioning and stay relaxed. The interview is, for physics at any rate, a way of them asking some questions of you but equally the other way around for you to ask them some questions.
Reply 943
anyone had a callof admisions saying they are looking over your app and you still havent heard anything after them saying that? :smile:
Reply 944
I got a nice AAB offer from Lancaster and i'm pretty sure it's gonna be my first choice and i'll get AAA, so Lancaster here i come!

Cant wait to visit on Saturday :biggrin:
Reply 945
Original post by k9markiii
It's good advice to read through what you wrote on your personal statement as that is usually an easy place to start questioning and stay relaxed. The interview is, for physics at any rate, a way of them asking some questions of you but equally the other way around for you to ask them some questions.

Hi, I was wondering how long does it take for Lancaster(the physics department) to put the offer on UCAS since my interview was on the 23rd and I was sent a letter on the 29th saying they will recommend me. Thanks.

Original post by Lexi2012
anyone had a callof admisions saying they are looking over your app and you still havent heard anything after them saying that? :smile:

I had a letter from the admission tutor saying they will recommend me for an offer but haven't heard from them since.
Original post by TLK
Hi, I was wondering how long does it take for Lancaster(the physics department) to put the offer on UCAS since my interview was on the 23rd and I was sent a letter on the 29th saying they will recommend me. Thanks.

I had a letter from the admission tutor saying they will recommend me for an offer but haven't heard from them since.

The recommendation and offer are usually close together but this will be a busy time. I shouldn't think it will be long though.
have applied for business studies with studying aboard
they have given me a dual offer, which is super nice:smile:

Letter saying an offer was on it's way was on the 22nd February, still waiting for Track to update :frown: It's the last uni to reply by nearly 2 months now, getting really impatient! Everyone else replied on Track by the 20th January.
Reply 949
Original post by KittyKattyKaity
Letter saying an offer was on it's way was on the 22nd February, still waiting for Track to update :frown: It's the last uni to reply by nearly 2 months now, getting really impatient! Everyone else replied on Track by the 20th January.

That seems overly long to me...I'd make enquiries. I'm still waiting for UCAS confirmation, but I've only been waiting since 2 March.

it took 18 days for them to update on track for me :smile:
Reply 951
Sent off a late application (risky business, I know) last month for Philosophy & Religious Studies.
I know there's not any specific A Level subjects required, but I'm still a tad worried about how soft mine are :P
Reply 952
I was just about to write here and whinny about Lancaster not responding, decided to check my email and... UNCONDITIONAL!!! Oh, the tears of happiness!
Original post by Car0llle
I was just about to write here and whinny about Lancaster not responding, decided to check my email and... UNCONDITIONAL!!! Oh, the tears of happiness!

Ah cool what you going to study?
Reply 954
BSc Business studies (N102). I applied for BA Business Economics but it is not a big deal for me. I applied to various courses anyway and am open minded. So excited right now! :smile:

By the way, one of my school exams didn't go very well because of an illness, so I was super anxious!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 955
I'm not sure, but I think their first years are very similar, so if you do really well, you probably will get the option to transfer to Business Economics if you want :smile:
Reply 956
Hi everyone. I applied to Accounting, Auditing and Finance since Oct 2011 but I have not got any reply from the university until now. Is there anyone in the same situation as me?
Does anyone know if the admissions office shuts for the end of term or if they keep going through the holidays?
Reply 958
Original post by KittyKattyKaity
Does anyone know if the admissions office shuts for the end of term or if they keep going through the holidays?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure they'll be open apart from the bank holidays.
And question is now redundant 'cause offer has just arrived :smile: AB in any subjects other than Maths for G100 Maths (A* already achieved in Maths) :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending