The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster 2012 Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

is there aaaaaanyone else doing linguistics and psychology? i haven't found anyone so far haha, beginning to worry it'll just be me :P
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by katrine
Yep! I want to do the study abroad that's why Im gonna do only Politics!
what other subjects are u gonna study this year?

Ooooh fair enough! Well I'm thinking Law! But if I can't do that then I have no idea haha. You?
Reply 1022
Original post by Caatttiiiieeeee
Ooooh fair enough! Well I'm thinking Law! But if I can't do that then I have no idea haha. You?

Yeah!
That's a great choice!
Well, I haven't decided yet but I'd love to do Criminology or Law if it is possible
but I don't know what else...so, Im still thinking about it...
Let me ask u smthg, (maybe it's a stupid question haha :tongue:)
Do we have specific options on the subjects that we can choose?
Original post by freshinmymind
is there aaaaaanyone else doing linguistics and psychology? i haven't found anyone so far haha, beginning to worry it'll just be me :P

I’m doing Linguistics and English Lit, but I’m thinking using my other free minor block for Psychology… if that’s any help! :P
Just firmed for BSc Geography offer of an A :biggrin: anyone else ?? :smile:

I'm doing Modern Languages, but I think that it's completely different to linguistics,sorry! :rolleyes:
I have to firm by the 7th May - I think I'm gonna go for Lancaster! Would Durham and Lancaster be considered to have similar prestige, or would Durham be considered more prestigious? There isn't much between them in the league tables...
Original post by george7378
I have to firm by the 7th May - I think I'm gonna go for Lancaster! Would Durham and Lancaster be considered to have similar prestige, or would Durham be considered more prestigious? There isn't much between them in the league tables...

I would say that it depends on who you ask. But, ultimately, Durham and Lancaster are quite different universities with very different 'student lifestyles'. Pick the one that you like best. :smile:

[For me, that would be Lancaster.]
Got firmed for unconditional deferred entry for next year.

:smile:

Seems like a nice university to spend a few years at!
Firmed Law back in February, WOOOO only 5 months left to waittttttttt
October PURLEASEEE hurry up!
Original post by katrine
Yeah!
That's a great choice!
Well, I haven't decided yet but I'd love to do Criminology or Law if it is possible
but I don't know what else...so, Im still thinking about it...
Let me ask u smthg, (maybe it's a stupid question haha :tongue:)
Do we have specific options on the subjects that we can choose?

Haha what do you mean? In the prospectus there's a list of the subjects you can take as minors and any conditions they have :smile: like you can take Maths as long as you have an A/B grade at A level Maths etc.
Reply 1031
Original post by Caatttiiiieeeee
Haha what do you mean? In the prospectus there's a list of the subjects you can take as minors and any conditions they have :smile: like you can take Maths as long as you have an A/B grade at A level Maths etc.

Okay! :smile: Thanks!
Reply 1032
I received an offer for Economics & International Relations, not sure how I got in with my AS levels being BEUU...
Entry requirements are AAB lol, but I think I'll firm it ;D
(really hope they are lenient)
(edited 11 years ago)

Hey if I were you id go for the Uni i liked the feel of the most, last year I choose Uni of Bham over Leicester because of prestige and hated it, I ended up dropping out and reapplying :s though now im hopefully going to Lancaster. So just go with your gut not your head :smile:
Reply 1034

im doing psychology, if that helps! x
Original post by 04jharrison
Hey if I were you id go for the Uni i liked the feel of the most, last year I choose Uni of Bham over Leicester because of prestige and hated it, I ended up dropping out and reapplying :s though now im hopefully going to Lancaster. So just go with your gut not your head :smile:

Hey, I think that's good advice - I actually feel quite pressurised when I'm at a prestigious place - I had an interview at Oxford, and let's just say I'm glad I didn't get a place...
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey, I think that's good advice - I actually feel quite pressurised when I'm at a prestigious place - I had an interview at Oxford, and let's just say I'm glad I didn't get a place...

Thanks, unfortunately i had to learn from experience, though I have to say the problem for me wasn't pressure but lack of it :s i only had 6 hours a week and 3 essays for the 4 months I was there. where have you ended up going in the end and congrats on the interview all the same. :smile:
I've been accepted for physics this year, what's is like studying it there? Would you recommend it?

Also what's the deal with the flexible study thing? Do I pick any other subject to study? or ones within my department?

Which minors did you choose?

Thanks.
Original post by rosiemaphone
That is why I wish I did physics. :smile:

Also because they're weird as hell, and so, I'd fit in :smile:

I'm sure you'd make a great physicist :ahee:
Original post by theandyguthrie
I've been accepted for physics this year, what's is like studying it there? Would you recommend it?

Also what's the deal with the flexible study thing? Do I pick any other subject to study? or ones within my department?

Which minors did you choose?

Thanks.

Yep I know a few people doing physics. They have quite a lot of work to do but it is physics. You get to pick 2 minors depending on your course. They can be anything, but sometimes you need prerequisites i.e. to do maths you may need an A in maths...

I'm doing Management Science and I picked Accounting and Finance, and Marketing as my two minors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending