The Student Room Group

Black teacher sacked after saying jews run wall street

Scroll to see replies

I have no idea why people seem to think that her comments constitute some kind of legitimate criticism of Zionism, or that she's not an anti-Semite because she was careful to say "Zionist Jews" instead of just "Jews". In case you didn't know, "Zionist" is just another pejorative term thrown around these days which is all too often interchanged with "Jew" to present age-old conspiracy theories about Jewish control and manipulation.

Since Zionism is a political theory advocating a Jewish-nation state, it should be obvious that it has absolutely nothing to do with banking systems, and her invocation of the word can hardly be seen as a criticism of Zionism since she was most certainly not criticising Israeli government policy. Furthermore I bet she hasn't a clue what the word actually means.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
The right to remain silent?

You mean the First Amendment :wink:

Yes I do. Thanks for the clear up!
Reply 82
Oh nooo she revealed the secret of the Rothschilds and Rockefellers
Makes sense now.

She's free to be an ******** just as her employer's free to act accordingly.

^ Rockefeller family are not Jews.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Pheylan

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."
Reply 85
Original post by Space Needle
amsterdam have banned weed sales to non-locals now anyway.

No they haven't.

http://nugmag.com/2011/09/tourist-coffee-shop-ban-not-in-amsterdam/
by the apparent definitions of racism this would be anti-semitic. I don't see how the old prejudice of jews being a bunch of wealth obsessed, corrupt "money men" is any better than the equally absurd prejudice around the perceived lack of intelligence of blacks. Both are gross generalisations that have little to no place in reality.
Original post by Martyn*
It isn't anti-Semitic to state that Jews run Wall St. It's simply a statement of fact.

A ridiculous fact we try so hard to cover up. How such a small group can control so much of the worlds money...

Or why black people don't even make up 5% of the British population but make up half the England football team.

Amazing.
Original post by Studentrepreneur
A ridiculous fact we try so hard to cover up. How such a small group can control so much of the worlds money...

Or why black people don't even make up 5% of the British population but make up half the England football team.

Amazing.

I think the issue of contention is more the fact that she said the Jews should be run out of America rather than the other bit. Also did anyone notice the victim blaming, "they've been run out of 109 countries...". Putting foward the idea that because they've been victimised so much in the past, they clearly deserve it.
Reply 89
Original post by Martyn*
It isn't anti-Semitic to state that Jews run Wall St. It's simply a statement of fact.

Yeah, but she also said they should be run out of the country. That's spreading hate and prejudice.
Original post by T-ros
Yes, because Islam is the only ideology that gets you into trouble when you speak the truth about it:smile:

And fascism.

NOT RELATED. ISLAMIC PROPONENTS PLEASE CALM DOWN LOL.
What is this obsession with saying the Jews "run wall street"? Obama runs the country, does that mean Christianity runs America? No, it means an American runs America, his religion is irrelevant.

The thinly veiled anti-Semitism in this thread is abhorrent. I don't wish to invoke Godwin but it's tempting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by H.C. Chinaski
I think you mean tolerated, not legally.
It is illegal under the Opiumwet, but under certain conditions, not prosecuted.

I am a little unclear with regards to the last point that you make, are you suggesting that the country's main source of income is from tourism, or that the main source of income from tourism is hash related?

I'm arguing that the main source of income from tourism is likely to be people (mostly Brits or Americans, apparently, according to stats) going over there to smoke and visit the red light district.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I'm arguing that the main source of income from tourism is likely to be people (mostly Brits or Americans, apparently, according to stats) going over there to smoke and visit the red light district.

In that case I daresay you are quite correct. The Mayor of Amsterdam, by all accounts, has been adamantly opposed to said changes for the very reason that you allude to.
Original post by H.C. Chinaski
In that case I daresay you are quite correct. The Mayor of Amsterdam, by all accounts, has been adamantly opposed to said changes for the very reason that you allude to.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have done much :sad:
I really enjoyed Amsterdam when I went over there. Now, being a stoner, the initial reason I went over there was obvious, yet I really enjoyed the city as a whole, not just for the coffeeshops.
That said, because you could smoke weed over there, it gave the city a different feel to it compared to, say, London. Everyone seemed so relaxed and not bothered by anything.
When the tourism trade suffers, they'll think of bringing in new legislation to override the bill they're putting through at the end of the year.
Original post by lumberjack77
We need more black teachers you racist.:angry:

We need teachers who are best at their jobs, irrespective of their race you moron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending