The Student Room Group

If you're rich you buy an iPhone, if you're poor you buy an Android and if you're...

Scroll to see replies

You lot seem to be forgetting the Nokia 8800 Gold Arte. iPhones are for peasants.
Original post by University Snob
an asian girl you buy Blackberry for BBM.

I think its pretty much true! :colondollar:

US

Oh good, I've always wanted to be an Asian girl! :daydreaming:
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
If you have a vestige of common sense you buy an Android.

Why is Android so much better than iPhone?

In what sense?
Reply 43
Actually I think if you're going to buy a smartphone, the distinction between a £400 phone and a £500 phone doesn't quite make one person rich and the other poor does it?
Android has flash. I use the BBC f1 website for video. I need Android.

That its a much better os also helps. Apple is good only for the store really, though it is a massive benefit.
Ah ok - have you looked at the new Omega Planet Ocean - AMAZING new movements and design and about 10 times better than a Submariner but cheaper than even used Submariners!

Yep, seen it, very nice, solidly built as expected by Omega etc, but Omega really pissing me off over last couple of years with their incredible price hikes. They've gone up around 70% in price in that short time period. Everyone says they're trying to catch up to Rolex prices to compete on that front. Good luck with that. Omega has generally had the better build quality but not the prestige.
(edited 12 years ago)
Why is Android so much better than iPhone?

In what sense?

- An open marketplace - anyone is free to publish what they want as opposed to Apple's censorial and sometimes moralistic centralised store.
- It supports Flash. So many websites rely on Flash these days, so it's annoying when you have Flash websites that don't have a plain mobile version and can't load them.
- Customisable to the hilt.
- Integrates perfectly with Google services by design. Given how much stuff Google offers when it comes to web services, that's a big plus for me.
(edited 12 years ago)
It always tends to be the chavs around here who have iPhones. I used to have an Android (HTC Wildfire) but I want quick texting, somewhere to easily write down my ideas and stories (WordToGo on Blackberry is a godsend) and easy, fast access to my college, business and personal e-mail accounts, all of which the Blackberry offers me, and I love BBM and the Facebook and Twitter apps. I especially love the fact that none of my services went down last week, I seemed to be the only one I know who was still able to use BBM, email, facebook, twitter and internet :awesome:

I do still have my Android phone for the apps though :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
...And if you are a vacuous capitalist sheep then you buy things to cover up the fact that you have no personality.

Most people dont buy android because of the 'presence of an open app market' or the flexibility of android OS...they just look at the price.

I do! But that's because I'm a nerd:tongue:
Reply 50
I haven't got a HTC because I'm poor, I just hate Iphones and think that HTCs are so much better...all of these problems Iphones have had and blackberrys I've never had a single problem with my HTC I love it!
But my android phone costs more than an iphone? :s-smilie:

Edit: Also what ever anyone says, a high end android device such as the galaxy S2 compared to the iphone 4. The android is spec/feature wise better. But it really is just personal choice, if you want a simple phone just to work as it was shipped go for iphone, if you want more flexibility and to be able to change the phones experience go with android.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have an iPhone but I'm far from rich........ what does that make me..?
Im so glad you brought that up!

Lets assess the merits of buying three iphones or three androids.

Androids cost about £400

HTC Desire - £400 upfront. Sold for £150.
HTC Desire HD - £250 extra ( 150 + 250 = 400 ). Sold for £150.
Samsung Galaxy ii - £250 extra ( 150 + 250 = 400) etc...

Over three phones you spend £900.

iPhones cost £450-£500

iPhone 3G - £450, Sells for close to £300
iPhone 3GS - £150 extra, Sells for close to £300
iPhone 4 - £200 extra,

Over three phones you spend £800.

The point is....iPhones have fantastic re sell value!!! Android's dont. Over many phones, you dont actually lose much money with an iPhone!!

So when you're talking about financial sense and comparing like for like (we're not comparing the Wildfire to the iPhone, but something like the S2) iPhone is a winner!

lololo if you can sell an iphone 3G for close to £300... well done, as most go for about £100 - £150.....
Reply 54
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Yeah.......... a £30 or £40 per month contract does not qualify you as rich

you are completely right, I was watching something with with a boy on job seekers ( but did not want a job) using tax payers money to pay for his IPhone contract and other similar materialistic things associated with "the rich" I was shocked and he was not even ashamed.
Reply 55
I dislike Apple and therefore don't have iPhone's or any Apple product. Android for myself
Reply 56
Original post by darkshadow1111
And if your me. you have a nokia 3310

Is it for sale and in decent condition ? Lol:wink:
Android is better than Apple and all its locked, proprietary bull****. Paying over the odds for it as well just makes you an idiot.
Reply 58
I'm Asian and I don't have a BlackBerry.
Reply 59
So many awful fanboys :emo:

Quick Reply

Latest