The Student Room Group

Girl in uni class...

We're roughly 3 weeks into term and I haven't spoken to her before. We're in the same seminar group which meets twice a week. I see her sometimes in lectures/ on the way out of lectures but she's always with her group of friends (girls). What's the best way to eventually ask her out (stage by stage please).

As I say, it's 3 weeks in so people are sort of settled down. I would've thought asking her out would be a bit forward and might take her by surprise.

Any suggestions?
Well you'll at least need to speak to her first, otherwise she might turn out to be a really horrible person. just say hi to her next time you walk past her or next time you sit next to her or are in a group with her, believe me there will be an opportunity. casual conversation will at least get you on the radar.
I think you should go up to her and talk to her and her friends, get to know her a bit in class and stuff then ask her out if you're still interested in her after a few days/weeks or something.
Reply 3
why are u even thinking of asking her out ?
Why can't you simply go up to her , or wait for some chance to make contact, i.e sit near her/next to her etc then befriend her.
Similiar situation here, except she's in my lectures :frown: The fact you've got her in seminars is brilliant. Could you not arrive a bit earlier and talk outside, or at least sit next to her? You could do that in a lecture too, but it will be hard to find her plus it can be daunting approaching a group of girls. Once you've had a brief conversation, ask for her Facebook and then you can properly talk on there.
Reply 5
make conversation with her in that seminar, maybe crack a joke or make some observational jokes, make smalltalk etc
add her on facebook, chat on facebook chat, get to know her better, hang out with her with other people/friends, then eventually ask if she wants to do something together (coffee/drink/lunch etc)
is this rocket science?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending