The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Archaeology 2012 Undergraduate Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Still waiting for my questionnaire. I've even got bored of checking UCAS now as nothing ever changes!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 81
Ahh try not to worry! If they weren't interested in you, they'd have rejected you already :wink:
Reply 82
Has anyone who got an interview received any timetables or info yet? Suddenly had a panic attack today when I realised I might have sent my reply about the interview to the wrong email address! It doesn't help that they use 3 different ones, I can never be sure which one I should be sending emails to :frown:

I hope this hasn't screwed everything up...
Original post by yakuzakitty

Has anyone who got an interview received any timetables or info yet? Suddenly had a panic attack today when I realised I might have sent my reply about the interview to the wrong email address! It doesn't help that they use 3 different ones, I can never be sure which one I should be sending emails to :frown:

I hope this hasn't screwed everything up...

If you replied to Charlotte then that's the right one :smile:

I didn't get a proper timetable until the day by the way, I just got given a time to turn up (about 10.30 IIRC).
Reply 84
Original post by dirtyoldriver
If you replied to Charlotte then that's the right one :smile:

I didn't get a proper timetable until the day by the way, I just got given a time to turn up (about 10.30 IIRC).

Yeah I replied to her but through the IoA email adress she told me I had gotten an interview with. I just replied to the email. Is that what you did?

*casually having a paranoid mental breakdown*

Yeah I replied to her but through the IoA email adress she told me I had gotten an interview with. I just replied to the email. Is that what you did?

*casually having a paranoid mental breakdown*

Yeah basically :smile: I don't think I ever even looked at the email address to be honest!
Reply 86
Ahh ok :smile: I'll try not to worry then.

Had an interview at Reading today, that went well :P
Still waiting, havent had any news in regard to UCL.. Getting slightly worried
Reply 88
Original post by Captain Darling
Still waiting, havent had any news in regard to UCL.. Getting slightly worried

When did you send off your application?
October 10th or so
Reply 90
October 10th or so

Hmm, try not to worry, they took ages to get back to me. Did you get a confirmation?
Yeah I got that.. I am applying for archaeology and classical civ though, might be different.
Yeah I got that.. I am applying for archaeology and classical civ though, might be different.

I'm applying for joint Arch&Anth and other than the confirmation I haven't heard anything either yet, so maybe the joint courses are taking longer because of correspondence between the two departments? I sent mine off late October.
I got a phone interview! I wonder if that would disadvantage me at all compared to people who go to a "real" interview...
Reply 94
I GOT AN INTERVIEW!

Oh, I am so ridiculously happy right now! I was getting really worried because it'd been so long and I'd heard nothing. But I got an email back today, and she even apologised for the delay, which was nothing to do with me, heh. My questionnaire was about as good as I could feasibly get it so- if that hadn't have been good enough, well, I couldn't have done better :biggrin:

So, who else is going on the seventh?

Original post by richardburton
I got a phone interview! I wonder if that would disadvantage me at all compared to people who go to a "real" interview...

Ooh, congrats! I can't imagine it would disadvantage you- I'd think they'd make sure to consider phone interviews equally with face to face ones.
Original post by Sushifer
I GOT AN INTERVIEW!

Oh, I am so ridiculously happy right now! I was getting really worried because it'd been so long and I'd heard nothing. But I got an email back today, and she even apologised for the delay, which was nothing to do with me, heh. My questionnaire was about as good as I could feasibly get it so- if that hadn't have been good enough, well, I couldn't have done better :biggrin:

So, who else is going on the seventh?

Ooh, congrats! I can't imagine it would disadvantage you- I'd think they'd make sure to consider phone interviews equally with face to face ones.

I'm going on the seventh!!! I'm so happy, I hadn't heard anything for a while either, I was getting quite worried. :smile:

Does anyone know what to expect for the informal interviews? As in, will they be asking us about our interests and motivations, or quizzing us on knowledge??? I'm really worried about this... :frown:
Reply 96
Original post by x8Charlotte8x
I'm going on the seventh!!! I'm so happy, I hadn't heard anything for a while either, I was getting quite worried. :smile:

Does anyone know what to expect for the informal interviews? As in, will they be asking us about our interests and motivations, or quizzing us on knowledge??? I'm really worried about this... :frown:

I'm on the seventh too :biggrin:
I suggest we all carry red roses so we know who everyone is :wink:
Original post by x8Charlotte8x

They are really informal standard stuff like why you want to study here, why you want to do archaeology, how will you cope living in London. I got the feeling the interviews weren't a huge factor in deciding who got offers but that's just me.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm on the seventh too :biggrin:
I suggest we all carry red roses so we know who everyone is :wink:

I concur.

Do you know, I don't know what I would have done without TSR. I'm the only person I know doing archaeology, so I've got no real comparisons to make with anyone at school. :smile:
If anyone's worried about grades at AS and the like...

BBCC at AS
ABB at A2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending