Original post by Busby_Babe
I'm a first year lol. Thanks anyway.

Ohh lol ^^'
Well thanks for all the useful advice then :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 141
I was the girl in the fox dress, I'm pretty sure I spoke to all of you at some point :biggrin: My interview was all right- I felt quite confident actually in the interview, but afterwards doubts started to creep in- I didn't say a lot of things I would've liked to and I didn't really demonstrate that I have a decent amount of archaeological knowledge already. I think it's just me being paranoid, though, hopefully my attitude was good enough! Plus I really enjoyed the actual open day part :smile: I just wish we could hear back a bit sooner :tongue:
Original post by Sushifer
I was the girl in the fox dress, I'm pretty sure I spoke to all of you at some point :biggrin: My interview was all right- I felt quite confident actually in the interview, but afterwards doubts started to creep in- I didn't say a lot of things I would've liked to and I didn't really demonstrate that I have a decent amount of archaeological knowledge already. I think it's just me being paranoid, though, hopefully my attitude was good enough! Plus I really enjoyed the actual open day part :smile: I just wish we could hear back a bit sooner :tongue:

Oh! Hi :smile: I really liked your dress btw :colondollar:
I'm sure it was fine, they don't expect most people to know all that much about Archaeology anyway, so if you mentioned it in your personal statement and a bit in your interview, you'll be fine.

I managed to slip my (broadish) knowledge of Archaeological stuff into my interview here there and everywhere. But I guess they expect that from A grade Archaeology AS students... Or at least I hope so :s-smilie: I don't want to come across too smart-alecy...

Yeah the open day was really fun, everyone was so nice and friendly :smile:

Gah I'm so gutted we have to wait until January 27th :frown:
The fact you folks are on here means you probably already care enough about this whole process, that you'll get offers.
Original post by HampshireDave
The fact you folks are on here means you probably already care enough about this whole process, that you'll get offers.

I just hope that came across in our interviews :s-smilie:
Reply 145
Original post by HampshireDave

Yup Dave's right, the main thing they want to see MORE than experience and knowledge is enthusiasm cos Im sure you guys saw at the Open Day its what the IoA thrives on...
Especially if Tim Schadla-Hall interviewed you haha x
Original post by ArchAnon

Yup Dave's right, the main thing they want to see MORE than experience and knowledge is enthusiasm cos Im sure you guys saw at the Open Day its what the IoA thrives on...
Especially if Tim Schadla-Hall interviewed you haha x

I'm really trying to work out who you are :colonhash:
Reply 147
Original post by dirtyoldriver
I'm really trying to work out who you are :colonhash:

Ive got you lot worked out :wink: but I'm just here to help haha x
Haha I think Dave was always pretty obvious.

Damnit. Going to be shooting everyone highly suspicious glares on Monday :p:
Bump :wink:
Original post by yakuzakitty
I don't think everyone gets interviews, at least that's what I was told today, but I honestly wouldn't worry, the tutors have a lot on at the moment, plus Bill is ill. I'm sure you'll get one :smile:

On another note, the interview today went REALLY well :biggrin:
Anyone else go today?

I think I may have seen Narwhaleful with the bright pink hair?

Hahah..yep, that was me :L I think my interview went pretty well..but there's still stuff I wish I'd said. I was so nervous I completely forgot I'd been camping when asked if I had.. :L
Original post by Narwhaleful
Hahah..yep, that was me :L I think my interview went pretty well..but there's still stuff I wish I'd said. I was so nervous I completely forgot I'd been camping when asked if I had.. :L

Ahh I'm sure you did fine :smile: I mean I guess they don't expect us to say everything and they expect us to be nervous :colondollar:
Has anyone still not heard anything from UCL? As in, not even the questionnaire?
Original post by AquilaXenon
Has anyone still not heard anything from UCL? As in, not even the questionnaire?

Oui, this thread seems to have died out somewhat... I guess the ones who were that fussed are already here :P
Original post by yakuzakitty
Oui, this thread seems to have died out somewhat... I guess the ones who were that fussed are already here :P

I suppose so, I'm just wondering if I really should have heard at least something by now?
I suppose so, I'm just wondering if I really should have heard at least something by now?

Well the Christmas break is on now. And they've been swamped. I honestly wouldn't worry, they'll probably send out looooads off stuff in the new year.
Reply 156

Dont worry, I only heard about my interview and questionnaire in January a week before the actual interview day, and the questionnaire only comes if you get an interview..
And yup Charlotte will probably get around to sending lots of stuff in the New Year, the next Open Day is in late January so I wouldn't expect to hear anything over Christmas but from about the 9th!
Good luck X
Do you always have interviews for archaeology subjects?
Reply 158
Original post by Captain Darling
Do you always have interviews for archaeology subjects?

Yup, all subjects run out of the archaeology department (Arch and Anth, Classic Arch, Egyptian Arch, plain BSc and BA) will have interviews, one of the things we are fighting UCL to keep as they want to scrap interviews but they really are a great way for you guys to see if the department is right for you and vice versa X
Dont worry, I only heard about my interview and questionnaire in January a week before the actual interview day, and the questionnaire only comes if you get an interview..
And yup Charlotte will probably get around to sending lots of stuff in the New Year, the next Open Day is in late January so I wouldn't expect to hear anything over Christmas but from about the 9th!
Good luck X

Okay thanks! Hopefully I'll hear with a bit more than a week's warning as it's hard for me to get down to London and I have two exams at the end of January but I'll wait it out and see what happens :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending