The Student Room Group

The capture and death of Col Gaddafi

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Straight up G
I'd rather that the people of Libya gut him and then **** on him.

would u like it if that happened to u?
What happened to his female bodyguards ? They were supposed to protect him from awkward situations like this....
Original post by f1mad
Well surely there were going to be pictures: it was the rebels who found him not a special service unit like the SAS etc.

Exactly, in the first post I quoted, you tried to compare the 2 situations as if the factors were the same.
This is absolutely disgusting, and against any conceivable sense of morals...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijRgDhs9zhI&feature=player_embedded#!

I'm against gaddafi, but these people are acting worse than animals. He should have been brought to trial...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 224
Original post by nm786
and why the f*** did uk, usa and france had to go there? they can't handle their own f***ed up country and they go into libya to help "people of libya".

I agree entirely with this part.
Original post by .eXe
I agree entirely with this part.

And yet you don't like my tributes to Col Gaddafi? What a hypocrite.
Reply 226
People of Libya are a bunch of dumb****s. Seriously, do we want another Iraq? Can't these people see what the **** happened in Iraq after the US got rid of Saddam. Why do the Libyans think the west gives two ****s about them? The western leaders dont give a **** about thier own people, why would they care about the Libyans? Nato is a ****ing joke. Libya has been gang raped by the perverted Western goverment and its media, who have fulfilled their pleasures by watching their Arab rebel side-kicks screw the country whilst they restrain Libya by her arms. We have just witnessed a gang rape, let the mugging begin.

Gaddafi ****ed it up by jumping in bed with the west and assumed he was one of the club. This should be a lesson to those who think they can jump into bed with the west and not get it up the ass.

When I was in Libya I saw new houses, new roads, an excellent infrastructure and a functioning modern state, way and beyond many of the other African countries that I've travelled to. Whilst there were questions of free speech and oppression of the opposition, to suggest that Gaddafi made the "majority of his people suffer for 42 years" I think is a little stretch. It is fair to say that he overstayed his welcome for many Libyans that wanted to see change. I've travelled extensively throughout Africa and I think many other Africans, as is evident by the number of migrants working in Libya, would have happily traded their government for that of Gaddafi's. One thing that no one can take away from Gaddafi, he invested not only in Libya, he invested his money throughout the continent. NOW, HOW MANY AFRICAN LEADERS COULD SAY THAT?

Its sickening to see these gruesome pictures. Many in the Western media tacitly supported the US claims that they were refusing to release photographic evidence of Bin Laden because it was too graphic. Their hypocrisy has no bounds. Which raises the question again. WHY WERE THEY AFRAID TO RELEASE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE OF BIN LADEN'S BODY - IF THEY HAD IT?

Gaddafi was more courageous than anyone of these western leaders. None of them would have had to courage to stay in thier country in the midst of such a upheaval. He stayed and fought till the bitter end.

Have you seen the face of that Mustafa guy, who's most probably gona be the next leader. His face tells you that he is gona sell Libya to the Western imperialists and retire to his penthouse in London, Paris or the US.

The gloating David Cameron says that we should remember the victims of Gaddafi who died at the hands of semtex supplied to the IRA. Yes, and we should also remember all of those from Latin America, Africa and Asia, killed by weapons supplied by Britain and the US.

I wonder who's next.
Original post by nm786
absolutely disgusting! Muammar Gaddafi a martyr, a perfect leader who stayed in power for 42 years and this is what he gets from his nation?
and why the f*** did uk, usa and france had to go there? they can't handle their own f***ed up country and they go into libya to help "people of libya".
imo, Muammar Gaddafi shouldn't have been killed, he should have been captured alive.
Also, the real reason why Uk, france and usa went was because they wanted oil. wat greed bastards, they knew libya's oil rich and let's go and attack.
Why not "help" other african countries?
Spending billions to help get 1 man killed, these billions would have helped a lot in sorting out the inflation. Or this money could have been given to the poor who are dying for food.

tbh- looking at the video made me cry. it makes me wonder why muslims are killing other muslims?

I find ''they wanted oil'' to be a very ignorant comment.

''They only helped the ''revolutionaries'' as they could easily help bring down Gaddaffi loyalists with air superiority (rather than lose public support with ground troops). They would then be in better standing with the new government/regime that will inevitably form in the following years to trade oil. The US was also not a fan of Gaddaffi is he was against using only USD to buy oil.'' is slightly better.

I also personally find that the media in the west can make a lot of people support a government/regime at a click of their fingers. Lord Mandellson personally rubbed shoulder with the Gaddaffi's, but all he wanted out of his job was a nice title and a small fortune.

Same **** different day.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by GwrxVurfer
David Cameron promised that the British military would only attack Libyans if it "protected civilians".

So how does he justify the fact that a a British fighter jet called in the airstrike on the Presidential motorcade, which was making an urgent evacuation due to a high level threat on the ground, and travelling at high speed away from civilians?

Because politicians get away with murder.....duh.
Bombing civilian and protecting civilians seem the same thing. Lets not be ignorant, their were several reasons why the west intervened and it had nothing to do with protecting lives and ensuring a fair peace.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending