The Student Room Group

The capture and death of Col Gaddafi

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straight up G
This is simply brilliant, I can't respect the people of Libya more. For them to uprise, dethrone and kill a tyrant who established and strengthened his dictatorship for over 40 years is absolutely incredible.

Power to the people, just goes to show, The general population are the ones with the real power, not those cronies up there at the top.
If this were yesterday my response to this thread would be along the likes of "You shouldn't celebrate a human being's death!!!" but this morning I realised something very crucial.

When I entered a tube train and made my way to a seat, I accidentally stepped on someone's foot. I promptly apologised before sitting down.

Now, throughout the journey the man kept making passive glances at me and I could tell he was very angry, and very possibly hated my guts. I kept thinking, "Why couldn't he just accept my apology and leave me alone? Why does he hate me so?" and I ended up hating him for that reason.

The moral of the story is it's very easy to be protective of someone who hasn't wronged you. Once you're on the receiving end of any sort of abuse, however, the circumstances are drastically different.
(edited 12 years ago)
Personally I'm a little upset, I wanted him to be humiliated in the Hague.

What does everyone else think about this?
Reply 103
This is ****.

Gaddafi was the best thing that ever happened in Libya.

Now watch what'll happen. Libya will either descend into civil war, lurch towards some form of Islamic extremism, or will end up with a American backed puppet dictator.

The hypocracy sickens me. One minute we (the US and UK amongst others) are patting the man on the back for reforming and opening up Libya - the next minute everybody is having a **** fest to celebrate his demise.
Reply 104
Original post by ArcticRed
Power to the people, just goes to show, The general population are the ones with the real power, not those cronies up there at the top.

**** off. This wasn't won by "the people" It was won thanks to massive "intervention" from Nato.
Reply 105
Original post by Yawn11
David Cameron is next!!

Viva la revolution!!

The phrase is 'vive la révolution'
Original post by Howard
This is ****.

Now watch what'll happen. Libya will either descend into civil war, lurch towards some form of Islamic extremism, or will end up with a American backed puppet dictator.

The hypocracy sickens me. One minute we (the US and UK amongst others) are patting the man on the back for reforming and opening up Libya - the next minute everybody is having a **** fest to celebrate his demise.

I don't care personally, as long as British interests are taken care of. Gadaffi? Wahhabis? Who cares, as long as they are doing our bidding (big if). It's a case of same **** different *******s.
Reply 107
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
I don't care personally, as long as British interests are taken care of. Gadaffi? Wahhabis? Who cares, as long as they are doing our bidding (big if). It's a case of same **** different *******s.

LOL! Nobody does Britain's bidding. Britain is to busy bouncing up and down (reverse cow girl style) on Uncle Sam's cock for anybody to take Britain seriously.
Original post by Howard
LOL! Nobody does Britain's bidding. Britain is to busy bouncing up and down (reverse cow girl style) on Uncle Sam's cock for anybody to take Britain seriously.

We have energy and technical services companies though. British owned, British jobs, British tax.

EDIT: we need to get in there before the sneaky frogs do.
The way they treated an old man is disgusting!
Reply 110
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
We have energy and technical services companies though. British owned, British jobs, British tax.

EDIT: we need to get in there before the sneaky frogs do.

Well, we WERE already there actually. The construction industry for one was booming (I was about to go out there and build a massive hotel/convention center myself) and the place was full of foreign firms and ex-pats. That all stopped when this war started and everybody got pulled out.

Libya will now become completely dysfunctional - a la Iraq - it'll take decades before any real industry or business is possible.

On a different note I just saw that **** David Cameron on the box telling the world how proud he was of Britain's role in overthrowing Gaddaffi. Doesn't seem 10 minutes ago that Tony Blair was telling us how we should embrace Gaddafi and his opening up of the country. The inconsistency cracks me up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 111
Ah well, we're all dying tomorrow anyway, he just went a bit early.
Reply 112
I think that saying that Libya will become dysfunctional is being very pessimistic.
Libya is in a very strategic location, and has major oil reserves.

Other countries and companies will be falling over themselves to vie for the construction and oil extraction contracts.
I'd expect the Chinese and Europeans to try and get their foot in the door in particular. The former have got a good reputation in most of Africa, due to their investment in infrastructure, for instance.
Original post by englishmad
Speaking as a Libyan and having lost a relative due to his forces and regime of terror I am absolutely ecstatic. I know it is unethical but I don't care how he died - just that he is dead. That said I hope that it is proven that he died of his gun shot wounds attained during his capture rather than someone shooting him after he had been caught.
All in all, I really hope this is the beginning of a new,free and democratic Libya.
Yes I know- I'm an optimist.

How democratic was the process of him being executed like that who gave them the right to take his life in that manner. If they want democracy at least practice what you preach. Believe me, Libya will not have peace for a long while. An American friendly government will now be put in place cheaper fuel for us but we won't care right?
Original post by Straight up G
This is simply brilliant, I can't respect the people of Libya more. For them to uprise, dethrone and kill a tyrant who established and strengthened his dictatorship for over 40 years is absolutely incredible.

Does this sound like a tyrant to you?

All Libyans receive a portion of the sale of Libyan oil - Directly to their Bank Accounts.

Max income tax in Libya is 12%.

Banks do not charge interest in Libya (Islamic Bank Model, not the Rothschild Slave System).

All Libyans have a home. Qaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home.
-- Qaddafi's father died while he and his wife were still living in a tent.

There are no mortgages on homes in Libya.

The Great Man Made River of Libya irrigates farmland releasing the hold of International Bankers controlling the food supply of Libya - NATO has bombed the pipeline and the water plant in Tripoli [as well as the Electrical Generation - Libyans get FREE Electricity.

Should someone wish to farm, they receive free land and seeds and animals.

There are no Electricity Bills in Libya.

All Education is Free in Libya.

Everyone gets Free Medical - Even the Protestors ...

Each newlywed couple receives 60,000 dinar gift from the government.

Gas in Libya is sold at the outrageous price of .12 cents per liter (bigger than US quart).

Automobile purchases are financed at zero interest.

Qaddafi completed a massive water project to irrigate land to free Libya from dependance on Imported Food.

In the direct participatory democracy system of Libya, which is a model for the world, the people make legislation and decisions from the basic local level upwards, by gathering in People's Conferences.

Of course, all of that now no longer exists after Nato occupation and a debt-based currency. For more News and Facts about Libya and the wars being started by the International Bankers, go here: http://www.mathaba.net/news/libya/
(edited 12 years ago)
Obviously he's not really dead.
Reply 116

Captured alive then beat to death.
Original post by el scampio
Does this sound like a tyrant to you?

All Libyans receive a portion of the sale of Libyan oil - Directly to their Bank Accounts.

Max income tax in Libya is 12%.

Banks do not charge interest in Libya (Islamic Bank Model, not the Rothschild Slave System).

All Libyans have a home. Qaddafi vowed that his parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home.
-- Qaddafi's father died while he and his wife were still living in a tent.

There are no mortgages on homes in Libya.

The Great Man Made River of Libya irrigates farmland releasing the hold of International Bankers controlling the food supply of Libya - NATO has bombed the pipeline and the water plant in Tripoli [as well as the Electrical Generation - Libyans get FREE Electricity.

Should someone wish to farm, they receive free land and seeds and animals.

There are no Electricity Bills in Libya.

All Education is Free in Libya.

Everyone gets Free Medical - Even the Protestors ...

Each newlywed couple receives 60,000 dinar gift from the government.

Gas in Libya is sold at the outrageous price of .12 cents per liter (bigger than US quart).

Automobile purchases are financed at zero interest.

Qaddafi completed a massive water project to irrigate land to free Libya from dependance on Imported Food.

In the direct participatory democracy system of Libya, which is a model for the world, the people make legislation and decisions from the basic local level upwards, by gathering in People's Conferences.

Of course, all of that now no longer exists after Nato occupation and a debt-based currency. For more News and Facts about Libya and the wars being started by the International Bankers, go here: http://www.mathaba.net/news/libya/

Erm, I hope you're not being serious. Are you Libyan? Have you ever lived in Libya?
I am both libyan and have lived in Libya until recently (two months ago) - I can assure you that all of what you have said is complete and utter bull****.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Howard
This is ****.

Yea, because that's all middle-eastern countries are!
Reply 119
Seeing people drag a lifeless and bloodied body around makes me wonder how these same people say that their fight was for justice, civility and democracy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending