The Student Room Group

Gaddafi dead? More proof than Bin Laden's death...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steezy

Original post by Steezy
I'm fighting against the mindless drones in their millions who take everything they hear for absolute proof without asking questions. That is my point, not whether Bin Laden is alive or dead or in fact, ever existed. The point is, why aren't more people asking questions about this (and a **** load of other things currently going on in the world)?

EDIT: And why, when anybody brings these questions up, are they ridiculed and sniggered at? Is the Government & media's hold over you that strong that you can't even contemplate another scenario?

If I were to take your argument to its logical conclusion, how can you prove to me that you exist, and not part of "the matrix"?
Reply 42
Original post by Steezy
And that's acceptable is it?

Unless you can envisage a way to change the entire political system of the western world, along with all the politicians/deputies/assistants/advisors that goes with it and then still find it possible to believe people who aren't you, then yeah, because it's all that we've got.
Reply 43
Original post by Steezy
A guy at work just told me Gaddafi's dead and showed me a picture of a dead guy who sort of looks like him, on the BBC website.

He said, but we can't tell really, could just be rumours.

Then I said, well I've still not seen proof that Bin Laden's dead.

He said, "yeah but that's the American's" As if that's proof (sort of like the Bible I guess).

So can anyone convince me that Bin Laden's dead? I'm talking PROOF, not circumstancial evidence or "ohh, it's not in American's interest, etc, etc, etc"

I don't want any double guesses of America's motives, I want to know what proof you think you've seen of Bin Laden's death which makes you believe it's true.

Why would al Qaeda admit he is dead if he was not?
Reply 44
Original post by Hanvyj
And you feel sorry for him for that? :| I don't see the logic. He did terrible things, but some people said he was an alright guy and helped him out in something else so you feel sorry for him?

Hmmm, I feel sorry for him because of how he died, in an ideal world he would be in ICC custody, but we all knew that would never happen.

I feel sorry that he fell victim to the false sense of security provided by America and Britain etc. The amount of corruption and tyranny was appalling, yes, but that would never had happened if the West didn't hand all that power to him on a plate.
Original post by Steezy
I'm fighting against the mindless drones in their millions who take everything they hear for absolute proof without asking questions. That is my point, not whether Bin Laden is alive or dead or in fact, ever existed. The point is, why aren't more people asking questions about this (and a **** load of other things currently going on in the world)?

EDIT: And why, when anybody brings these questions up, are they ridiculed and sniggered at? Is the Government & media's hold over you that strong that you can't even contemplate another scenario?

Where's the evidence that he's still alive? Why do you believe something that has no evidence to back it up? People aren't asking questions because there is no evidence to suggest that he is still alive. People DO ask questions when there is grounds to argue on, which there isn't in this case.

I could easily describe the people that make claims like you to be paranoid, more than anything else.
Reply 46
Original post by Steezy
Thank you!

And this guy meant "that's Americans" in the same sense that every other brainwashed idiot out there means it.

"How could you doubt America? What do you mean no proof... It's America!"

What the **** are these people smoking?

Are you sure? I've never met a person like that. I've met people who disregard conspiracies/don't believe the hype about the US, but no-one who is SO trusting of them! :eek:

USA is as corrupt as any third-world country ... run by a dictator:s-smilie:
Reply 47
The pictures are sickening!
Reply 48
Original post by Nihilum
Just like Saddam, stabbed in the back by the West because he went a little too far.

Nice way of saying "Genocide" there.
Reply 49
I think this is legitimate. This is less fishy and far more believable than the Bin Laden scenario and it was Libyan rebels on their home turf who were responsible, not some clandestine US Special Forces raid in a dark corner of Pakistan.

It is also the exact way in which Gaddafi was expected to go - he was always going to go down fighting and his mentality is that his home town, super loyal stronghold and all-round favourite city would be the place to do it. Despite what the western media had claimed, I never for one moment thought Gaddafi would scuttle off into quiet exile.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Where's the evidence that he's still alive? Why do you believe something that has no evidence to back it up? People aren't asking questions because there is no evidence to suggest that he is still alive. People DO ask questions when there is grounds to argue on, which there isn't in this case.

I could easily describe the people that make claims like you to be paranoid, more than anything else.

Not that he's alive, but that he died many years ago. Firstly, he had kidney failure in 2004(?) which ultimately leads to death quite quickly unless he sorted out a transplant.

Also, the US government is corrupt. Many would argue this would give Obama stronger foundations in the elections, but there are countless theories /tired.

I see what you're saying, but I completely disagree with your last statement. NO grounds? How would someone start a discussion if there's no argument from one side? /discussion_fail
The West chooses who it supports for however long it suits their hypocritical evil agenda. They supported Bin Laden, look what happened to him. They supported Saddam, look what happened to him. They supported Gadaffi look what happened to him..

Wonder which current allies are next...
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
The West chooses who it supports for however long it suits their hypocritical evil agenda. They supported Bin Laden, look what happened to him. They supported Saddam, look what happened to him. They supported Gadaffi look what happened to him..

Wonder which current allies are next...

so true
Reply 54
Original post by Steezy
PROOF people, PROOF!!!

If you were in court charged with murder and a witness said "I watched him stab that person to death and dropped the knife, I then picked the knife up and chucked it in the Sea" and there was no other evidence, would you go to prison?

Stop trying to create an argument any proof anyone on TSR can give you isn't gonna be better than anything you've already heard on the news. If you don't think OBL is dead then that's nice, good for you, and I personally don't care.
Original post by notepad
Also, the US government is corrupt. Many would argue this would give Obama stronger foundations in the elections, but there are countless theories /tired.

I see what you're saying, but I completely disagree with your last statement. NO grounds? How would someone start a discussion if there's no argument from one side? /discussion_fail

I'm not gonna get dragged in to a conversation on whether the US government is corrupt or not, it may well be.

Also you've completely misunderstood what I was saying with the whole "no grounds thing". By saying there's no ground, I'm referring to the lack of evidence to back up their claims. I could argue with you all day everyday about ANYTHING I wanted. Whether or not I back that up with legitimate evidence i.e. HAVE GROUNDS TO ARGUE UPON is a completely different story.
Original post by maths time is here
why do people hate gaddafi so much?

Because they are dumbed down, brainwashed sheeple who only believe what the idiot box tells them to believe.
Reply 57
Still, you must ask, how can we be Sirte-an?
Reply 58
Original post by abc:)
Stop trying to create an argument any proof anyone on TSR can give you isn't gonna be better than anything you've already heard on the news. If you don't think OBL is dead then that's nice, good for you, and I personally don't care.

I didn't say I don't think he's dead. My frustration is that the vast majority of people simply can't be arsed to think. Not just about OBL, about EVERYTHING.
Reply 59
Rip

Quick Reply

Latest