The Student Room Group

Financial ombudsman service

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by woppa
Could anyone tell me more about the case study. Is it just a written based task or do you have to verbally explain your response to them as well?

It's just a written based task :smile:
Reply 21
I am very nervous got my telephone interview on Friday. I have found out about the FOS, why I want to work there and prepares answer to questions on team work, communications, multi-tasking, managing work load. Anything else I should prepare for?
Hello everyone!

I have an interview in about 2 weeks at the FOS for the case assessor role. I passed the telephone interview but have the case assessment now interview now. I'm a bit nervous as I don't really know what to expect. Has anyone already had their interview and able to give an idea of what sort of questions to prepare for and how to tackle the case study?

P.S. I'm putting it out there if anyone wants to meet up and help each other prepare for the interview by doing role plays etc i'm more than up for that. Don't be shy and get in touch with me.

Cheers,

Justin
Reply 23
Hey Justin I have my telephone interview in about 30mins.

Could you briefly tell me what questions you had. I would really really appreciate it mate.

Cheers
Reply 24
Hatish
I was asked questions like:
-why the FOS
-what qualities can you bring to a team
-talk about a time when you used communication skills
-talk about a time when you have used customer service skills
-describe a time when you have dealt with a particularly difficult customer, and what did you do.
-talk about a time when you have felt particular under pressure and explain what you did.
-talk about a time when you've used problem solving skills.

I used the STARR approach for all questions.
Hope this helps, and good luck!
Hey Vic how are you preparing for the case study by the way?
Reply 26
As for preparation i simply read up on what PPI is. I had my assesment centre today, and I must say that the case study isn't something you can really prepare for as it is wholly based on the information that is placed before you when you begin the written assesment.

I had to do a calculation to determine how much the cost of the PPI was with and without interest. However the majority of the assesment was based on the literature that was placed before you, and it was simply a case of reading through and finding your answers within the documents.

I am yet to recieve feedback. But good luck, and try to stay calm!
Hi Justin,

I am guessing you have gone to the assessment and done away with it by now. How did it go? Any tips. I have only just applied for the case assessor role.

Kind regards
Natalie

Original post by Justincredible2012
Hello everyone!

I have an interview in about 2 weeks at the FOS for the case assessor role. I passed the telephone interview but have the case assessment now interview now. I'm a bit nervous as I don't really know what to expect. Has anyone already had their interview and able to give an idea of what sort of questions to prepare for and how to tackle the case study?

P.S. I'm putting it out there if anyone wants to meet up and help each other prepare for the interview by doing role plays etc i'm more than up for that. Don't be shy and get in touch with me.

Cheers,

Justin
Reply 28
Hi all,

Has anyone had an interview recently with the Financial Ombudsman. I have a telephone interview next week and was wondering if the process has changed. Will be most grateful of anyone's hot any tips. Thank you .

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hi Bannyboo, yes i had a telephone interview last Friday (i found out today that i progressed on to the face to face interview THANK GOD) and as far as i can remember i was asked questions regarding my understanding of the role, what do i know of the FOS, what skills are needed for the role etc so in order to give you some help, i think you need to do your research on and get a good understanding of 1) The organisation, 2) the role 3) your CV and 4) your STARR scenarios (Use them whenever you can in the interview to back up your claims). show a lot of passion for the position because i was asked questions like why did i apply for this specific position? so you know things like that so make sure you have a good understanding of the things you need to knopw about and you should be fine

Original post by Bannyboo
Hi all,

Has anyone had an interview recently with the Financial Ombudsman. I have a telephone interview next week and was wondering if the process has changed. Will be most grateful of anyone's hot any tips. Thank you .

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
also if anyone can give me any advice for the assessment day asi have one coming up next monday, that will be appreciated. Thank you
Reply 31
Hi All,

This thread has helped me a lot. I have been following the discussion for a while. I have my Telephone interview tomorrow for the case assessor role.

Currently I work as Claims Account manager for a PPI company in East London.

I have got some 6 years experience both in customers account management, and PPI complaints As I know so much about FOS this has been one my dream to work for FOS.

Yes I am nervous, but all I can do at this moment is hope for the best.

I wish all of you the best for the interview and do let me know whats your outcome.

I believe the STAR questionnaire is helpful. All you have to do is concentrate well and believe in what you are capable off, and be confident.

Any knows the following?
How long it takes if you have passed the telephone interview?
If you have passed the telephone interview when would be the face to face interview?
If we make it and offred the job how do they let you know and when would be the start date
for this role?
anyone who has stared could advise me on this please?

Kind regards
Shawn
Reply 32
Hi everyone,

All the posts on this thread are from the last 2/3 Months. The name of case assessor has now changed to ajudicator but they have similar duties and roles.

I have found out today that I have passed my telephone interview and have a set date for my Assessment day.

Has anyone else recently passed the telephone interview or passed the Assesment day and face to face interview. I would be gratefull for any tips you can give as I have always seem to mess up on face to face interviews.

what kind of questions do they ask and how shall I prepare for them ?

Hey guys

I have been sent an email asking me to do a cover letter, has anyone got tips and advice of what to put to stand out

thanks in advance
Reply 34
Original post by scared012
Hi everyone,

All the posts on this thread are from the last 2/3 Months. The name of case assessor has now changed to ajudicator but they have similar duties and roles.

I have found out today that I have passed my telephone interview and have a set date for my Assessment day.

Has anyone else recently passed the telephone interview or passed the Assesment day and face to face interview. I would be gratefull for any tips you can give as I have always seem to mess up on face to face interviews.

what kind of questions do they ask and how shall I prepare for them ?

Hello Scared012, Please, I have my telephone interview in two weeks time. I will appreciate if you could share a bit more on your experience with the telephone interview you had and the questions they asked you.

Kind regards
Reply 35
Original post by jankata
Hello Scared012, Please, I have my telephone interview in two weeks time. I will appreciate if you could share a bit more on your experience with the telephone interview you had and the questions they asked you.

Kind regards

In response to Jankata,

I am not sure whether their recruiting system has changed but I did not have to do any telephone interview at all. I applied online last saturday and they got back to me today to book an assessment and interview date.

Has anyone else gone through this process, and if yes what can I expect from the assessment and interview?
Reply 36
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if this thread is still alive ?
Did anyone apply for team manager position at FOS by any chance and could brief about the interview process?

Thank you all in advance.

JJ
Hi JJ,

i am looking to apply very soon for the team manager position. Did you apply for it? if so what is the process like?

Original post by JJ2013
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if this thread is still alive ?
Did anyone apply for team manager position at FOS by any chance and could brief about the interview process?

Thank you all in advance.

JJ
Hi Guys,

has anyone applied for the Team Manager position? If so can you help with the interview process?
Hi everyone,

I have a case study task and interview next week for the adjudicator role. Could some one let me know what the case study is about and what the task involves? Also could some one tell me the questions they ask you in the interview?

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending