The Student Room Group

Financial ombudsman service

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ukstudent1989
Hi everyone,

I have a case study task and interview next week for the adjudicator role. Could some one let me know what the case study is about and what the task involves? Also could some one tell me the questions they ask you in the interview?

Thanks!

Interview questions will reflect the core competencies of the role. Think about times where you have been involved in:

Customer service
Dealing with challenging people/situations
Building a working relationship
Worked to deadlines
Using your organisational skills.

You won't be asked a question on every area, but be prepared. Be specific in your examples, not just general "Once I had do XYZ and it went really well."

The test, when I did it, was quite straightforward and nothing to worry about.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 41
Hey there,

I just did the online questionnaire and unfortunately the result is that maybe I am not the right fir for the position of an adjudicator and that I should apply for it after 6 months. Still, I am really into applying for a FOS position, as it will be a natural complement to my current studies. Do you think I should still send my cv and cover letter or should I try for another position?

Your replies are much appreciated
Reply 42
Original post by LeLouv
Hey there,

I just did the online questionnaire and unfortunately the result is that maybe I am not the right fir for the position of an adjudicator and that I should apply for it after 6 months. Still, I am really into applying for a FOS position, as it will be a natural complement to my current studies. Do you think I should still send my cv and cover letter or should I try for another position?

Your replies are much appreciated

Apply for the adjudicator role, no questions lol
Reply 43
Hi Guys

I've got an Adjudicator case study and interview next week, can any one help with this to prepare. Thanks
Reply 44
Did you pass
Reply 45
Original post by nishomac
Hi Guys

I've got an Adjudicator case study and interview next week, can any one help with this to prepare. Thanks

Hi Nisomac,
I too have an interview this thursday as a case worker. So what did your interview consist of? can you pls tell me what sort of case study you had & the types of Q's you were asked?

newjoiner :-
Reply 46
I have an assessment day next week too. From what I understand (and from the information obtained from this thread). You will be asked competency based questions. But before this, a case study. Apparently, it is important to pass the case study before you progress to the next stage.

From this site, I have gathered few examples of the case study. Which means it changes.

1. Calculating costs of PPI
2. Write a letter to an angry customer.

After which, you will go to the competency based questions.

Customer service
Dealing with challenging people/situations
Building a working relationship
Worked to deadlines
Using your organisational skills.

Hope my summary helps. Anybody willing to shed some light. I'll be very grateful.

Cheers in advance
Reply 47
i also have mine next week but I am unsure about which competency questions they'll ask?!

I can answer ones regarding customer services etc, but my concern is theyll ask one on leadership, even though Ive not got much experience.

Any suggestions would be great

cheers
Reply 48
Hello, I've been asked to do an online questionnaire for the adjudicator role. What kind of questions do they ask?:confused:
Reply 49
Original post by soniaegg
Hello, I've been asked to do an online questionnaire for the adjudicator role. What kind of questions do they ask?:confused:

Personality type questions, and
Situational Judgement Tests (SJTs). To see if you're fit for the role.
Reply 50
Hello. What about exchanging our ideas about the questionnaire? :-)
Reply 51
Original post by MapleP
Hello. What about exchanging our ideas about the questionnaire? :-)

Hi was just wondering if you knew if you have to pass both parts to go further in the process? I submitted CV/Cover letter it then asked me to take a questionnaire. I passed part 1 but didn't pass part two. Does this mean I won't be considered for interview now? or is there still a chance?
Reply 52
HI Nicoley, sorry I failed to see your reply. Same for me, you need to pass both parts but I couldn't manage the second questionnaire.
They've opened the position again (deadline tomorrow) and I fear the questionnaires are pretty much the same.
Could you gather any more information since them?
Reply 53
Hey everyone,

I've passed the telephone interview and been invited down to London for the case study, however, I haven't received the link yet to book my appointment anyone in the same situation?

Also does anyone know if the current recruitment drive is PPI related or not as they didn't mention it during the interview, I assume it is but I neglected to ask!

Cheers
Reply 54
Hi Nch95

Howz ur telephone interview what type of question they ask?

Can you please share.

Aav
I have a telephone assessment tomorrow, has anything changed? I'm so nervous, i always get my words all muddled up when im nervous and make a complete fool of myself. Argh! Somebody help me! Thanks
Reply 56
Original post by Randomguy88
I have a telephone assessment tomorrow, has anything changed? I'm so nervous, i always get my words all muddled up when im nervous and make a complete fool of myself. Argh! Somebody help me! Thanks

Hi Randomguy88,

How was the telephone interview? Was it difficult? Did they tell you if you have passed it?
I have the same interview next week Tuesday and I was wondering if you would be so kind to share your experience and the type of questions they asked you. I am absolutely freaking out!! :s On top of my nerves, my first language is not English so I would need extra preparation! :frown:

I hope you did well!!

Thanks,

Vanesa
Original post by vilow
Hi Randomguy88,

How was the telephone interview? Was it difficult? Did they tell you if you have passed it?
I have the same interview next week Tuesday and I was wondering if you would be so kind to share your experience and the type of questions they asked you. I am absolutely freaking out!! :s On top of my nerves, my first language is not English so I would need extra preparation! :frown:

I hope you did well!!

Thanks,

Vanesa

Sorry I just saw this now. I've replied to your PM
Reply 58
Hi Randomguy88,

I have my telephone interview coming up this week I'm quiet nervous as is normal. I was wondering if you could tell me what sort of questions they asked you and if they told u if you passed straight away or not?
Also good luck with the rest of the recruitment process :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by chica99
Hi Randomguy88,

I have my telephone interview coming up this week I'm quiet nervous as is normal. I was wondering if you could tell me what sort of questions they asked you and if they told u if you passed straight away or not?
Also good luck with the rest of the recruitment process :smile:

Hey Chica99,

Are you Spanish by any chance? you are Chica so I assume you might be...

The questions are:

1. What do you think the role involves, so what an adjudicators does.
2. How would you explain to someone that doesn't know about the Ombudsman (family, friends...) what the Ombudsman is?
3. Why would you like to work for the Ombudsman/apply for the adjudicator position? (or something like that)
4. Talk me through your cv and how the skills or your background would be good for the job.
5.Tell me about a situation you had to deal with a difficult a customer.
6. Then they told me to tell then more about what I do in my current job and how we deal/treat the clients.

They "told" me I passed the following day. However I did not get the email saying I passed so I truly found out 5 days after when I called them.

Good luck, it was literally 15 minutes!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending