Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

the true religion

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben2111)
    The muslims believe he didn´t really write it, but god wrote it (orbetter spoke it, muhammed couldn´t write) through him.
    A point that could as well be made on a lot of text from the old testament I reckon.

Yes, I understand that.
    But Christians believe, in a very similar way, that the Gospel writers, and I think those writing in the OT too (as they were mostly prophets anyway) were "divinely inspired", and refer to the Bible as The Word of God.
    I see very little distinction between these two things.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doctor No we know your great thread on rejecting islam, please don´t say "people reject islam". You are at least as much of a fundamentalist as Abdul.
    Oops sorry for the generalization.

Yeah Im a fundamentalist. I strongly LITERALLY believe in those fundamental reasons I posted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Abdul, please do me the personal favour and stop discussing religion on this childish level. All the muslim-bashers wait for idiots like you and I have to fight with their claims of all muslims being fundamentalists. Your way of discussion is a disgrace.
    Sorry if that was a bit harsh.
    Not 'all', MOST. You can immediately spot a fundamentalist by his usage of "PBUH".
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    Yes, I understand that.
    But Christians believe, in a very similar way, that the Gospel writers, and I think those writing in the OT too (as they were mostly prophets anyway) were "divinely inspired", and refer to the Bible as The Word of God.
    I see very little distinction between these two things.
    Yeah, that´s what I mean. If that´s the difference it´s not even worth half a post...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does this forum have a sign on it saying "convert us to islam"??? Why is it only Muslems try to convert people. There are no threads around about why Jews are the only ones who got it right, or Christians. Is there some Muslem site out there with a list of the most impresionable sites out there, with us at the top?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorNO)
    Not 'all', MOST. You can immediately spot a fundamentalist by his usage of "PBUH".
    No, you can spot a believing muslim by using that word. Grow up please. Your arrogance sucks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jeez luiz I wonder who gave abdul that postive rep. The tribal mentality of these fundamentalists, sheesh.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Does this forum have a sign on it saying "convert us to islam"??? Why is it only Muslems try to convert people. There are no threads around about why Jews are the only ones who got it right, or Christians. Is there some Muslem site out there with a list of the most impresionable sites out there, with us at the top?
    good point... I guess the muslims are the only religious ones here! But it would be interesting to have such a thread and a good discussion - but not on this level...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, you can spot a believing muslim by using that word. Grow up please. Your arrogance sucks.
    People overuse it though, and the wrong sort, to make it look like they're super-religious when infact they use their super-religiousness just to seem better than everyone else. it disgusts me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jeez luiz I wonder who gave abdul that postive rep. The tribal mentality of these fundamentalists, sheesh.
    Well, I would love to give you some neg rep but I just don´t, first cause you wouldn´t care, second cause the whole rep thing is a bit stupid anyway, and third cause I don´t give rep to people who have a different opinion.
    Now you know.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh please. A fundamentalist is of course a believing muslim. But not all muslims are fundamentalist. So if you spot a fundamentalist then by all logic that person is a believer. Fundamentalists are especially marked by "pbuh". Non-fundamentalist muslims dont use that word.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    People overuse it though, and the wrong sort, to make it look like they're super-religious when infact they use their super-religiousness just to seem better than everyone else. it disgusts me.
    Well I´ve never seen that, sorry. I also know believing muslims who don´t say it at all.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Abdul, please do me the personal favour and stop discussing religion on this childish level. All the muslim-bashers wait for idiots like you and I have to fight with their claims of all muslims being fundamentalists. Your way of discussion is a disgrace.
    Sorry if that was a bit harsh.
    Why do you have to "fight with their claims?" Who are you, some sort of caped crusader fighting evil wherever it is found?

If someone like Abdul wants to post something really stupid then they can expect, and deserve, to be stamped into the garden path in debate. It's not up to you to rush to the defence of imbeciles is it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh please. A fundamentalist is of course a believing muslim. But not all muslims are fundamentalist. So if you spot a fundamentalist then by all logic that person is a believer. Fundamentalists are especially marked by "pbuh". Non-fundamentalist muslims dont use that word.
    get your logics straight:
    of course all fundamentalists say it, but that doesn´t mean all people who say it are fundamentalists.
    Oh my god the level in this discussion is poor today
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, I would love to give you some neg rep but I just don´t, first cause you wouldn´t care, second cause the whole rep thing is a bit stupid anyway, and third cause I don´t give rep to people who have a different opinion.
    Now you know.
    Well good for you. By that you are quite fair. I just dont understand why anyone would positively rep abdul for what he had said so far. I think its from another fundamentalist.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Why do you have to "fight with their claims?" Who are you, some sort of caped crusader fighting evil wherever it is found?

If someone like Abdul wants to post something really stupid then they can expect, and deserve, to be stamped into the garden path in debate. It's not up to you to rush to the defence of imbeciles is it?
    Oh come on, don´t be so bloo*y serious!!! When I say something like that I mean it a bit funny, exaggerated, you get my point?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well good for you. By that you are quite fair. I just dont understand why anyone would positively rep abdul for what he had said so far. I think its from another fundamentalist.
    Well I agree on that one (hey!!! we agreed!!!everybody look!!!!)
    rep should be reserved for very informed or funny posts.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I´ve never seen that, sorry. I also know believing muslims who don´t say it at all.
    That's my point, many believing Muslims don't say it. But the supposedly hardcore believers abuse and overuse it just to look good.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, don´t be so bloo*y serious!!! When I say something like that I mean it a bit funny, exaggerated, you get my point?
    Sorry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    get your logics straight:
    of course all fundamentalists say it, but that doesn´t mean all people who say it are fundamentalists.
    Oh my god the level in this discussion is poor today
    Hmmm you may be slightly right there. A muslim could have said that because he thinks its cool to say so. However Im still inclined to think the person is a fundamentalist. For the "pbuh" issue is entirely the product of fundamentalism. They say this because of the literal following of the quranic command to greet the prophet.

FUNDAMENTALISM = LITERALISM
Updated: May 2, 2004
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.