• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 00leam2)
    major reasons for global conflict is religion

this is because ppl do not accept the truth
    and what is the truth?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Abdul i agree with everyone who have replied to this thread, please don't post more threads like this, the more you preach the more ppl are gonna diss your religion, cos we're all just gettin tired of it, its great that you have this knowledge, but i wreckon you should read the other thousand threads concerning islam before you go repeatin it all
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saintsin)
    and what is the truth?
    Ya what is this divine truth that will result in no conflicts... or could it be possible that religion is the cause... as long as there is religion their will be fanatics and there will be violence
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    These threads are fine, its good to have a hot debate about religion as long as it dosent get abusive or sick. Im not against Islam but i want to put my views out as a scientific way of looking at it. If Christianity was a hot debate I would also scrutonise the (fairy tale)bible.

I just find it so amusing the gullability of hard core religios people trying to justify religion with sporadical non existent proof.

Look at how backwards was christianity in the middle ages and how wrong we look at it now from our point of view in this era.

How everything will change when the first proof of life in another planet is discovered, how will all the religions act?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    These threads are fine, its good to have a hot debate about religion as long as it dosent get abusive or sick. Im not against Islam but i want to put my views out as a scientific way of looking at it. If Christianity was a hot debate I would also scrutonise the (fairy tale)bible.

I just find it so amusing the gullability of hard core religios people trying to justify religion with sporadical non existent proof.

Look at how backwards was christianity in the middle ages and how wrong we look at it now from our point of view in this era.

How everything will change when the first proof of life in another planet is discovered, how will all the religions act?
    Preach the truth saintsin.. lol... finally someone agrees with me that all these so called religous books are just that.. books.... who knows in 2000 years ppl with think harry potter was actually real
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

The bible has been changed throughout history what is the point of people picking out advice from there, i mean they've even changed their marriage vows
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    The bible has been changed throughout history what is the point of people picking out advice from there, i mean they've even changed their marriage vows
    Although i dont agree on any religious book and taking into acount these 2 books in question ARE fictitious, the bible has adapted to modern society where as the quran hasent. That why under islamic law women are still the subhuman species, no education, no rights and so on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And nobody knows for sure if the quran was 100% identical to Mohammed's recitations, so whats the point of picking out advice from there?

Current religions are unreliable. Just live an honest, just, & compassionate life and if there are any good gods out there he should credit you for your good life.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Although i dont agree on any religious book and taking into acount these 2 books in question ARE fictitious, the bible has adapted to modern society where as the quran hasent. That why under islamic law women are still the subhuman species, no education, no rights and so on.

The bible changing what good has that brought to society, look at all the nonsence and hardship there is in the world today, whereas in islam the quran has guidelines these are followed if these guidelines were altered then muslims would be in the same position as christians
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The bible changing what good has that brought to society, look at all the nonsence and hardship there is in the world today, whereas in islam the quran has guidelines these are followed if these guidelines were altered then muslims would be in the same position as christians
    Are you saying that muslims have to better then christians??? cuz last time i checked i think christian women have it a lot better off then muslim ones... and when was the last time you heard of christians dying for not following the guidelines laid down.. we dont stone ppl or hang them
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Ahem. If you would care to look around its the Islamic countries that are violating human rights, fighting among themselves, or were recently at war with each other. That is why thousands upon thousands of muslims are fleeing to the safety, peace & prosperity of Christian dominated nations.

One good thing from the bible is the commandment LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS AS YOURSELF. Is there something better than that in the quran? NADA.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    the christian women r lost!

muslim women hav to cover up so they dont expose thier body

YOU KNOW that men are perverts these days!

so if you show off your body you will most likely attract men
    you see why now?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    your reply dosent make sense at all, what about the hardship and nonsense? i dont get what you getting at?

ok here is nonsense for you. by your nick you sound like a girl, go and live in taliban ruled Afghanistan, with a totalitarian islamic ideology.

1 cover your self 100%
    2 dont go to school
    3 (i only seen this in african islam) but you must cut your clitoris because you are denied sexual pleasure.
    4 if you ever cought having an affair with a man by islamic law you must get stoned (with rocks).

babygal, prepare your defence againts my accusations.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

you see why now?
    YOU ARE PSYCHO!! if i see a girl in a hijab i'll stare at them more then a topless chick.......
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

you see why now?
    and what is wrong with not covering up
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    its true that women should be allowed an education!

so the taliban were wrong there ( i dont know if the media is dodgey_

100% no thats wrong

you take the taliban as the whole muslim nation in other countries you can show ure face

the stonning!! that is a serious crime in islam!! and cannot be taken light hearted!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    its true that women should be allowed an education!

so the taliban were wrong there ( i dont know if the media is dodgey_

100% no thats wrong

you take the taliban as the whole muslim nation in other countries you can show ure face

the stonning!! that is a serious crime in islam!! and cannot be taken light hearted!
    but its not only in taliban afghasnistam, there are many islamic countries in africa and middle east that practice these things.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How about driving a car? In Saudi Arabia, the heart & soul of Islam, the seat of the great black stone idol, the dwelling place of Mohammad's corpse, WOMEN ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lets look at it in another way, if the taliban where acting out in the true way of islam, following the quran literaly, ie no women rights, why is it diferent with british muslims, are brits muslims less belivers or have a diferent quran? why dont they follow the true way?

so in reality muslims are also beliving what they want to in the quran and not beliving in what it dosent suite them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    WOMEN IN WESTERN RELIGION:
    Christianity the major religion that shaped western thought presents women as subordinate to men. Men according to the Bible are the owners of women, just like an animal is owned. Exodus 20:17 which states the famous tenth commandment, lumps a wife together with his servants, animals and house. A man could sell his daughter as a slave (Exodus 21:7-11) or give her in marriage to whomsoever he chose.

This subordination of women to men in the Bible, which shaped western thought on the issue is made clearer in Leviticus 12:1-8: After the birth of a male child, a woman is ritually impure for seven days, however after the birth of a female child she is ritually impure for fourteen days according to the law of the Bible.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 of the New Testament of the Bible states: "As in all Churches of the saints, the woman should be subordinate as even the law says...for it is shameful for a woman to speak in church."

1 Timothy 2:11 states: "Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men. She is to keep silent, for Adam was formed first then Eve, and Adam was not deceived but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor."

1 Corinthians 11:6 says: " For if a woman will not veil herself then she should cut off her hair, but if it is disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil...for man was not created from woman but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman but woman for man."

THE The Holy Quran AND WOMEN:
    "And among God's signs is this: He created for you mates from amongst yourselves (males as mates for females and vice versa) that you might find tranquillity and peace in them. And he has put love and kindness among you. Herein surely are signs for those who reflect (The Holy Quran 30:21)."

Surprisingly egalitarian in its approach, the The Holy Quran doesn't agree with men being owners of women like the Bible, neither does it agree with women being created for or from men like the Bible nor does it say that women cannot teach or have authority over men. The The Holy Quran also dispels the common myth among religions in general that, a woman is evil by nature and has been created to deceive mankind. The purpose, says that The Holy Quran,
    of mates is that tranquillity and peace emerges through the natural instinct of love and kindness among mates.

People who analyze the The Holy Quran however sometimes feel different about many of its verses which to them suggest that the The Holy Quran is in some way putting down women. These verses are a handful and given the nature of this chapter we can go in depth with them.

The verse in the The Holy Quran that causes trouble to most liberals and is misused by evangelical Christians is: "Men are the protectors (Qawamoon) of women, because God has given preference to some over others. and because men spend of their property on women. So good women are obedient, guarding even unnoticed that what Allah (God) has
    asked them to guard. As for those from whom you fear rebellion in this (i.e guarding their chastity in your absence), i) talk to them, ii)leave them alone in their beds, iii)beat them. If they then obey you, look not for any way against them..(The Holy Quran 4:34)."

The verse in question is quite clear if we don't jump to hasty conclusions. Men have been given the duty to protect and support women. God has given preference to one gender over another in certain duties. Men have been given preference in being the providers of women and women are given preference in caring for a child. Even if divorce
    separates a man from his wife, he has to seek her help in caring for the child or another female if the mother agrees (The Holy Quran 2:233). Men are told to spend of their property on women and not ask the woman for anything even if she happens to be rich.

Now to the controversial part. The verse asks women to guard even when unnoticed, that
    which God has asked them to guard. If we have read the The Holy Quran carefully, we wont have trouble in determining that God specifically asks women and men to "guard" their chastity (The Holy Quran 24:30-31). To the women who cheat on their husbands, the The Holy Quran gives a three step, braking mechanism to hasty divorce or worse still capital punishment for adultery.
Updated: May 2, 2004
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.