The Student Room Group

Really cold when no one else seems to be...

Basically I'm really cold, I've spent the entire day in the house in thermals, thick socks and a thick hoodie (as well as the usual clothes) and wrapped up in a throw off the sofa. And I was still cold. Even now in bed wrapped in 2 blankets, the throw and a 13 togg duvet I'm still not particularly warm. Only thing is none of my housemates think it's cold at all, they're still wandering around without jumpers on and won't turn on the heating :angry: It's always happened, but I never really thought about it at home because my dad's the same... Anyone know why?
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm absolutely freezing and the heating is going bananas since the hot water keeps getting shut off.
My Mum and I are the same. We can even be freezing cold while everyone else is out in t-shirts and shorts :s-smilie: so annoying. No idea why either.
Reply 3
I'm one of those annoying buggers who's the opposite, sorry. :tongue: So this:

Original post by Itsuey
Only thing is none of my housemates think it's cold at all, they're still wandering around without jumpers on and won't turn on the heating :angry:

Angry face? C'mon. I sympathise, but if it's a comfortable temperature for all of them, you expect them to turn the heating on and make it significantly warmer? If/when you're in private accommodation, unless you get the odd case where bills are included, you're not going to be able to whack up the heating all the time, unless you're both rich and live alone or with another iceman.
Blood circulation my friends.

Look into that the faster your blood circulates the more hot you will get.
I'm always cold, too. Always was. Now that I'm 5 stone lighter than last winter it's noticeably worse. Just wrap up in layers until you're not cold anymore, and try keeping a hot water bottle with you whenever you can.
Reply 6
Im the same. Im always cold, even when i'm wrapped up in blankets. My doc says it's because i'm anemic:dontknow: and i tend to feel colder then everyone else. It's annoying because all i want to do is curl up in a blanket and stay there, i hate going out when it's freezing cold and if i do have to leave my blanket, i'll be wrapped up in a coat, scarf, boots, and gloves while everyone else is wearing cardigans or tshirts. :colonhash:
You lot need to do breathing exercises via yoga....
Reply 8
Original post by tsrstar
Im the same. Im always cold, even when i'm wrapped up in blankets. My doc says it's because i'm anemic:dontknow: and i tend to feel colder then everyone else. It's annoying because all i want to do is curl up in a blanket and stay there, i hate going out when it's freezing cold and if i do have to leave my blanket, i'll be wrapped up in a coat, scarf, boots, and gloves while everyone else is wearing cardigans or tshirts. :colonhash:

Is this a common side effect if anemia? I don't remember being any warmer when I remembered to take iron tablets.
Reply 9
Iron plays a role in regulating the body's temperature, so if you have an Iron deficiency i guess you would feel colder. I've been given iron tablets which i always forget to take :colondollar:

The rest of my family are always warm, and then theres me shivering under a blanket. They can be outside all day, and they'll still be significantly warmer then me.
You might be coming down with something.

Quick Reply

Latest