The Student Room Group

The Gujarati Soc :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by CityOfMyHeart
RESEARCH HELP:

If you are Gujarati, born and brought up in London and have parents from East Africa (Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania etc) then HELLO :biggrin:

I'm doing a dissertation on how these Gujis balance the Gujarati/Indian 'culture' with the 'British' and whether their parents coming from Africa has had any effect. I'm looking at things like language, food, religion, marriage partners, patriotism, the olympics/sports ... You name it! It's all about identity and how you identify/relate to other people - how you see yourself and what your thoughts are on this topic.

If you'd like to help me out or have any questions, drop me a PM or quote me! It won't take very long and I'd really appreciate the help :redface: :smile:

Yeah I feel indian and british, just like anyone else.
Original post by blueray
Yeah I feel indian and british, just like anyone else.

Helpful :rolleyes:

I'm genuinely looking for people to take part, there's a bit more to it that just that :smile:
Reply 742
So, what are the chances that your leader Modi will take over India as PM?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CityOfMyHeart
RESEARCH HELP:

If you are Gujarati, born and brought up in London and have parents from East Africa (Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania etc) then HELLO :biggrin:

I'm doing a dissertation on how these Gujis balance the Gujarati/Indian 'culture' with the 'British' and whether their parents coming from Africa has had any effect. I'm looking at things like language, food, religion, marriage partners, patriotism, the olympics/sports ... You name it! It's all about identity and how you identify/relate to other people - how you see yourself and what your thoughts are on this topic.

If you'd like to help me out or have any questions, drop me a PM or quote me! It won't take very long and I'd really appreciate the help :redface: :smile:

I fit your description; was born and raised in London and my grandparents / parents are from Arusha, Tanzania.
Reply 744
Original post by A.K85
So, what are the chances that your leader Modi will take over India as PM?

lol how is he my leader, I don't care that much about politics, as long as an egypt style massacre doesn't occur.
Reply 745
Oh my gawd thus place exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 746
Hello mitro. We're bringing GUJJU back, aye!!!

*cue the garba/raas*
Original post by spv
Hello mitro. We're bringing GUJJU back, aye!!!

*cue the garba/raas*

[video="youtube;2ESU4bHvR9M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ESU4bHvR9M[/video]
Reply 748
Original post by nucdev
[video="youtube;2ESU4bHvR9M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ESU4bHvR9M[/video]

Love me some chhand, I do!!! hahaha
Reply 749
There's this other garbo, which I just found today, and IM IN LOVE with. It's kutchi, and its related around their kuldevi, but the style of the garbo and the singing is amazing (atleast i think so)

[video="youtube;u_vcbOBJvGU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_vcbOBJvGU[/video]
Original post by spv
There's this other garbo, which I just found today, and IM IN LOVE with. It's kutchi, and its related around their kuldevi, but the style of the garbo and the singing is amazing (atleast i think so)

[video="youtube;u_vcbOBJvGU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_vcbOBJvGU[/video]

Wow, that's a tune!
OMD! This exisits?
Someone bring over the methi
Original post by aamirac
OMD! This exisits?
Someone bring over the methi

Lol it's been around since 2011.

Forget the methi, someone bring the fafda and jalebi.
Original post by nucdev
Lol it's been around since 2011.

Forget the methi, someone bring the fafda and jalebi.

I only have the jalebi and it's for all to share :h:
1944.JPG
Why are gujrati's short people, Compared to punjabs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aamirac
I only have the jalebi and it's for all to share :h:
1944.JPG

mmmm jalebi.

Kaso vandho nathi.
Hu fafda, gathiya ane khakhra laavu chhu.
Original post by nucdev
mmmm jalebi.

Kaso vandho nathi.
Hu fafda, gathiya ane khakhra laavu chhu.

maneh tu kabar nai tu gai gu.
jaa, lewawo.
Original post by Think People
Why are gujrati's short people, Compared to punjabs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Punjabis are mostly warriors, fighters and farmers.
Gujaratis are mostly business people - we like to sit down, count our money and don't get much exercise.

:laugh:

I dunno actually - I just made that cr*p up.
Original post by aamirac
maneh tu kabar nai tu gai gu.
jaa, lewawo.

Either mane vaachta nathi avadtu nai to tamne lakhta nathi aavadtu!
Mane samajh naa padi.

Lol.
Original post by nucdev
Punjabis are mostly warriors, fighters and farmers.
Gujaratis are mostly business people - we like to sit down, count our money and don't get much exercise.

:laugh:

I dunno actually - I just made that cr*p up.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending