Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Manchester Derby United-City 23/10/11 13:30

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Enjoying the little football weekly jokes, didn't someone suggest a thread devoted to its brilliance.

Ah not good, probably time for De Jong now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    United really need a quality midfielder. They've been lacking there for a few years now.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not going well.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    Damn you Silva. Plus good finish tbf. Our gameplan for 1st half should have been to take out Silva.
    Silva was involved in the goal? I thought it was Milner who provided the assist for Balotelli.

Edit: Chicharito looks like he´d give his left nut for the equalizer.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catilina)
    Silva was involved in the goal? I thought it was Milner who provided the assist for Balotelli.

Edit: Chicharito looks like he´d give his left nut for the equalizer.
    Silva made the space.; milner just helped the ball along. You literally can't give the guy an inch these days.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some serious goals need to be scored by United this next half
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good goal tbh, but was a competitive first half so plenty of time to score some goals ;D
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good game so far, United have played better build up play, but city look more dangerous in the final third, which is ultimately what wins games.

United still have a notch to go I feel, seemingly running out of ideas at the most vital moment.
    Anderson needs to push further up front and provide another attacking option, even if it serves as a decoy to draw out a City defender or two.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck looks really good, has held the ball up well, ran with it and played some nice balls.

I think we need some good central attacking midfielders, Cleverley looked really good when he was fit, hope he comes back soon.

Other than that, all we seem to do is flood the box with players and pass the ball down the wings and wait for the cross to come in, basically luck if the ball gets to one of our players' head. This is exactly what happened against Basel, Norwich and Liverpool, nothing really incisive. Look at Man City's goal, neat passes, making some space and working their way into the box. Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool (oh and Barcelona) the majority of their goals are like this. Ours its just hoofed into the box. Evra/Giggs on the overlap and a ball thrown into the mixer. Crossing is fine when you've made a chance, what isn't is just lumping it into the box when you've got no options.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You just know that ''WHY ALWAYS ME?'' is going to be a new meme lol.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what United really need here, hopefully a goal soon after halftime to keep the game open.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say Rooney has been 100% ineffectual, he just looks like any player, he hasn't been affective at all, it's good and well holding the ball sometimes and laying it off, but we really need more from our KEY player.

Welbeck look's like a class act in the making, it might be a good idea to switch to 4-5-1 and unfortunately take off welbeck although he has really good technical ability he doesn't look anywhere near scoring a goal where as Hernad would always be a threat.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Richards and Milner should've been booked in that half. Joke that Balo gets booked for lifting his shirt yet the other two get away with actual fouls.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    Can I just say Rooney has been 100% ineffectual, he just looks like any player, he hasn't been affective at all, it's good and well holding the ball sometimes and laying it off, but we really need more from our KEY player.
    He's been like that a while, sometimes it looks like he's playing as a central defensive midfielder doesn't it. Also he seems to keen on just passing the ball off to a team mate instead of making something himself.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 122025278)
    He's been like that a while, sometimes it looks like he's playing as a central defensive midfielder doesn't it. Also he seems to keen on just passing the ball off to a team mate instead of making something himself.
    Its not him, he's not got the support at the moment. Fletcher and Ando are not providing the threat they need to for Rooney not to be predictable. I think Ando need to to step up the energy, Cleverly would have been a great option, I can see Giggs coming on later if things don't change.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Richards and Milner should've been booked in that half. Joke that Balo gets booked for lifting his shirt yet the other two get away with actual fouls.
    Casually just forgetting the horror tackle by Anderson on Silva then.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    EVANS lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Schoolboy defending by Evans.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    -_-
    Absolutely terrible defending. Lost the game for us.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hmm not good, you would imagine City have this wrapped up. Can see Nasri coming on, him and Silva should control that game.

Would like to see Hernandez come on, maybe we can sneak one on the counter and hold out.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 23, 2011
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football match discussion threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.