Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

LIST OF OFFERS - Psychology 2012 Entry (No Discussion)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    University: Nottingham Trent
    Course Name: C800
    Predicted Grades: ABB
    Offer: 320 UCAS Tariff point
    Reaction: Haven't really got one :lol:

University: Loughborough
    Course Name: C801
    Predicted Grades: ABB
    Offer: AAB
    Reaction: Funny enough back in September I would have killed for this offer but since I've moved and now have my sights set on Manchester <3

Now I've got all my offers
    After seeing Newcastle today, despite it being really amazing, I think I'm having Manchester as my firm and UEA as my insurance. I'm aiming for A*BB at the moment which is achievable if I work well, but the idea of aiming for AAB makes me want to cry. While I normally work well under pressure I can't cope with this long term anxiety of university choices so I've decided for my health I'm best off not trying to aim for Newcastle :lol:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ameena)
    Haha yeah me neither, whats your first choice then?
    And well because I have always been interested in neuroscience and had considered that first as just a degree on its own, but there werent actually that many uni's that did it as i hoped, and when looking into it i got too scared at the fact it seemed way too 'sciency'? on its own. haha and by doing psychology as an alevel i really wanted to continue it so i opted to it with neurosciencee tooooo
    My first choice is York but I haven't heard from them yet so if they reject me I am going to firm Leicester and insure Loughborugh (even though they are the same grade requirements...)
    Ohh that's really interesting Well that sounds perfect for you
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    University: UEA
    Course Name: BSc Psychology
    Offer: Conditional on Passing the Access Course with 36 Level 3 Credits at Distinction and 9 Level 3 Credits at Merit
    Offer Received: 2nd March
    Reaction: This was the last offer that I was waiting for and my definite favourite. This was also the only one I had to have an interview for. When I found out I was jumping up and down screaming lol. This will definitely be my Firm
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Determined*)
    University: UEA
    Course Name: BSc Psychology
    Offer: Conditional on Passing the Access Course with 36 Level 3 Credits at Distinction and 9 Level 3 Credits at Merit
    Offer Received: 2nd March
    Reaction: This was the last offer that I was waiting for and my definite favourite. This was also the only one I had to have an interview for. When I found out I was jumping up and down screaming lol. This will definitely be my Firm
    Well done!!!

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catoswyn)
    Well done!!!

Thank you
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    University: Bath
    Course Name: Psychology
    Predicted grades: A*A*A A
    Offer: A*AA in Psychology,RS and English
    Reaction: SOOOOOO HAPPY!! Cant believe i have got my first choice university. Now to attempt to get the grades.... goodbye social life!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    University: Glasgow
    Course name: Psychology/History of Arts
    Offer: 36 points in IB Diploma
    Reaction: I'm disappointed with the entry requirement being 36 points, no chance for me

University: Aberdeen
    Course name: Psychology
    Offer: 30 points in IB Diploma, 15 points at higher level
    Reaction: This was expected, going to be my insurance

Well, I was hoping that the entry requirement for Psychology/History of Arts would be 34 points as mentioned in the websites of UCAS, but unfortunately not. Glasgow is my dream university, so I'm probably going to firm their offer of Sociology/Arts, media & Informatics of 34 IB points.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    University: Edinburgh
    Course Name: Psychology (BA)
    Predicted Grades: AABB (Scottish Highers/ACC already achieved)
    Offer: Conditional - A (Higher Maths resit) and BB

University: Glasgow Caledonian
    Course Name: Psychology (BSc)
    Predicted Grades: AABB (Scottish Highers/ACC already achieved)
    Offer: Conditional - BBBB

Actually cannot believe I got any any offers after only getting ACC last year, especially when the first response I got was an unsuccessful from Strathclyde. Edinburgh... just unbelievable! The conditions are really hard but I'll try my best haha :-)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyinvgoue)
    My second offer!

University: Royal Holloway :suith:
    Course: Psychology
    Predicted Grades: AAA
    Conditional Offer: AAB
    Reaction: HAAAAPPPY!!! :bl:
    Well done I hear Royal holloway is amazing!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luccy.)
    University: UCL
    Predicted Grades: A*A(*)A
    Offer: A*AA
    Oh my lord! WELL DONE
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Didn't realise how inconsistent UCL were with their offers - such a range and including subject non-subject and specific requirements!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luccy.)
    Didn't realise how inconsistent UCL were with their offers - such a range and including subject non-subject and specific requirements!
    Same! I'm having to retake an exam just incase they ask for an A* specifically in it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    University: Bangor
    Course Name: Psychology C802
    Offer: 340 Points inc. B in Psychology
    Reaction: Declined

University: Lancaster
    Course Name: Psychology C802
    Reaction: Firmed

University: Loughborough
    Course Name: Social Psychology C880

University: Plymouth
    Course Name: Psychology with Criminology and Criminal Justice Studies C8MX
    Offer: BBB
    Reaction: Insurance

University: Surrey
    Course Name: Psychology 4 Years C800
    Offer: AAA

I hope i've done this right
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Course name: BSc Psychology (sandwich)
    Offer: IELTS overall 7.0 no less than 6.5 in all components
    Reaction: My first choice. I'm super excited now and really looking forward to start in October!

University: Sussex
    Course name: BSc Psychology
    Offer: GCSE Maths grade B; UCL DEAP with overall 65% no less than 60% in
    each component
    Reaction: I was hesitating between Bath and Sussex because I'd really love to live in Brighton. However since Bath has better reputation, offers placement year and doesn't require Maths, I'm going to firm Bath.

University: Goldsmith
    Course name: BSc Psychology
    Offer: IELTS 6.5
    Reaction: The impression I had from the uni after Open day was really good. This was my first offer ( they replied super fast about a week after I applied) I think Goldsmith is decent school with good atmosphere and friendly staff. And at really eased me to know I hold an offer

University: Brunel
    Course name: BSc Psychology (sandwich)
    Offer: Unconditional
    Reaction: Well, not excited at all

I'm an international student from Czech Republic with Maturita grades AAAA (Czech, English, Social Sciences, Block of subjects in English language) and one semester of studying psychology, Media studies and Social Anthropology at Masaryk University, Brno. I'm currently at Diploma in English for Academic Purposes course at UCL.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Course Name: BSc Pcyhology (Sandwich)
    Predicted Grades: A*AB

As happy as I am, I was sort of hoping they'd reject me - just to make my decision even clearer. I've got all five of my offers now - Bath, Bristol, Portsmouth, Warwick and York - though I'm not even considering Portsmouth or Warwick.

My problem now is deciding between Bath and Bristol for my firm choice, with York as my insurance. Bath is A*AA, Bristol is AAA and York is AAB - in the past, have people found Bath and/or Bristol to accept grades below what they're asking for - I'm struggling to see how I'll get A*AA and even AAA will be a push.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    University: York
    Course Name: Psychology Bsc
    Predicted Grades: AAB
    Offer: AAA
    Reaction: My first choice so lots of jumping around YAAAYY
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    University: UCL
    Predicted Grades: A*A*A*A*
    Offer: A*AA including psychology and chemistry
    Reaction: Happpyyyy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really cannot decide between Bath and Bristol!

Is anyone else in the same dilemma?

I really like the sound of the placement year at Bath, and I'd love to carry on doing German too, but I've heard that unless you want to do psychology professionally then a placement isn't really relevant...

I'm also worried that Bath won't be a very happening place, and as shallow as it might sound I don't think I could spend 3 years in a dead town, whereas a Bristol definitely looks like a lot more a student town.

Could anyone shed any light on any of this?? Seriously, seriously, stuck :-(
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameshw)
    i really cannot decide between bath and bristol!

Is anyone else in the same dilemma?

I really like the sound of the placement year at bath, and i'd love to carry on doing german too, but i've heard that unless you want to do psychology professionally then a placement isn't really relevant...

I'm also worried that bath won't be a very happening place, and as shallow as it might sound i don't think i could spend 3 years in a dead town, whereas a bristol definitely looks like a lot more a student town.

Could anyone shed any light on any of this?? Seriously, seriously, stuck :-(
    bristol...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    University: University College London
    Course Name: Psychology (C800)
    Offer:AAA with A in Biology

University: University of Bath
    Course Name: Psychology (C800)

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 7, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.