Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Sheffield Politics Applicants 2012 Stalking Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because lets face it - now that UCAS's are in/in the process of finishing, we're all dying to know what we're up against. Post your grades, work exp etc here ^_^
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applying for - Politics (nothing added)
    GCSE's - BBBCCCCCDU
    AS levels - AACD
    Predicted - A*A*A*
    Work exp - one week with MP, day with shadow secretary of state for education.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddog Jones)
    Applying for - Politics (nothing added)
    GCSE's - BBBCCCCCDU
    AS levels - AACD
    Predicted - A*A*A*
    Work exp - one week with MP, day with shadow secretary of state for education.
    I don't wish to be rude, but how are you predicted A*A*A* when you got a C? You know you'll have to get like 100% in every exam in that subject this year?

But anyway,
    GCSES: Can't remember off the top, I think it was like 5As, 4Bs, 2Cs 2Ds and a Distinction.
    AS levels ABBB
    Predicted: AAB
    Work Experience: Battle hardened political activist...

Also applying to: Bristol, Warwick, Nottingham, UEA
    (Bristol and Warwick are my favorite two, but I am not putting my faith in an offer. I really really liked Sheffield though )
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obfuscator)
    I don't wish to be rude, but how are you predicted A*A*A* when you got a C? You know you'll have to get like 100% in every exam in that subject this year?

But anyway,
    GCSES: Can't remember off the top, I think it was like 5As, 4Bs, 2Cs 2Ds and a Distinction.
    AS levels ABBB
    Predicted: AAB
    Work Experience: Battle hardened political activist...

Also applying to: Bristol, Warwick, Nottingham, UEA
    (Bristol and Warwick are my favorite two, but I am not putting my faith in an offer. I really really liked Sheffield though )
    Because I went round my sociology teachers back, also I was on straight A's until one exam dragged it down, which I'm retaking.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddog Jones)
    Because I went round my sociology teachers back, also I was on straight A's until one exam dragged it down, which I'm retaking.
    Fair play good luck getting them all I would've pestered my teachers to get me up to A*AA but I wasn't applying anywhere that actually needed it, and I thought I'd rather beat my predictions than hit them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applying for - Politics and IR
    GCSE's - A*A*A*A*AAAAC
    AS levels - AAABB
    Predicted - A*AA

OFFER - AAB
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You'll love the politics dept at sheff, so much!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Appling for politics and philosophy i think.
    GCSE: 7A*, 3A, 1B
    AS: AAAB
    Predicted A level: A*A*A*A
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.
    I got an offer from Sheffield a couple of weeks ago for History and Politics, and have also been invited to go to visit the department next year. Has anyone else got an offer/invite for history and politics??? GCSE's: 3A*'s 4A's 2B's and 1C AS Levels: AAAB and predicted: A*A*A*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Course: Politics
    GCSE: 7 As, 4 Bs
    AS: AAAU (English, History, Politics, French <- Dropped)
    A2 Predicted: AAA + Welsh Bacc Advanced.
    Offer: AAB or AA + Welsh Bacc

Got my offer about 30 minutes ago! So ****ing happy. I honestly thought I wouldn't get in, because on paper I suck.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Izzy_h)
    Hi there.
    I got an offer from Sheffield a couple of weeks ago for History and Politics, and have also been invited to go to visit the department next year. Has anyone else got an offer/invite for history and politics??? GCSE's: 3A*'s 4A's 2B's and 1C AS Levels: AAAB and predicted: A*A*A*
    I do history & politics x
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Applying for - Politics and French
    GCSE's - A*A*AAAAABBB
    AS levels - BBCD
    Predicted - AAB (B for EPQ)
    Work exp - Day at the local council/Labour activist/sixth form-y politics stuff

Acknowledgement the other day after sending UCAS off on the 21st. I'd genuinely be shocked if I got an offer with them AS grades. How long are they generally taking to send out offers anyway?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applying for: Politics & Philosophy
    GCSEs: A*A*A*a*AAaBBBD and a Distinction
    AS Levels: AAAA
    A Levels: AAB
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys! Feel free to ask me any questions about Politics at Sheffield and Sheffield uni life
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do Politics and Sociology, bit worried seen as I am yet to receive an offer and all these grades are much better than mine! My predicted grades do meet the required grades however - ABB
    Is anyone else in the same boat? 'Cause I'm stressing about getting an offer as Sheffield is my top choice
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Am'Jam)
    I've applied to do Politics and Sociology, bit worried seen as I am yet to receive an offer and all these grades are much better than mine! My predicted grades do meet the required grades however - ABB
    Is anyone else in the same boat? 'Cause I'm stressing about getting an offer as Sheffield is my top choice
    I've applied for the same course! When did you apply? I got an offer about a month after I sent it, just remember that the uni has been off for Christmas and New Year
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aw cool! i applied mid november, i noticed a lot of people getting offers round the 2nd tho, when did you apply?
    that's true! i got an email couple of days ago saying that offers may be delayed due to high number of applicants so fingers crossed I still get in cz the deadlines gone now!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aw cool! i applied mid november, i noticed a lot of people getting offers round the 2nd tho, when did you apply?
    that's true! i got an email couple of days ago saying that offers may be delayed due to high number of applicants so fingers crossed I still get in cz the deadlines gone now!
    I applied 4th November and got my offer 5th December If you meet the entry requirements and have a good PS then I'm sure you'll get one, to be honest, I barely know anyone who's applied for the same course!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondie :))
    I applied 4th November and got my offer 5th December If you meet the entry requirements and have a good PS then I'm sure you'll get one, to be honest, I barely know anyone who's applied for the same course!
    aw okay, yeahh still no luck tho , haha i dont know anyone who has! Is Sheffield going to be your first choice?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    aw okay, yeahh still no luck tho , haha i dont know anyone who has! Is Sheffield going to be your first choice?
    It definitely is! I love the city and the uni :love: I'm just waiting on my insurance to get back to me and then I'll be firming it!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 14, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.